testtest

So.......

I have zero sympathy.

In fact, I have a lot more compassion for boatloads of refugees trying to find a better life than I do than those schmucks who spent a quarter mill to do something incredibly dangerous.

But…put a couple billionaires in a sinking sub and watch the Navies of several large nations scramble to save their useless tuchii (if that ain’t the plural of tuchus. it should be).

In short: F’em. To paraphrase Josie Wales: Fish gotta eat, just like worms.

i think that no matter the amount of signatures on forms saying this could be very dangerous, and one could die, and you can't sue us, do you still wanna do this...??

is gonna get sued to the heavens.

that video is gonna pave the way for those nuclear lawsuit verdicts.

i think that no matter the amount of signatures on forms saying this could be very dangerous, and one could die, and you can't sue us, do you still wanna do this...??

is gonna get sued to the heavens.

that video is gonna pave the way for those nuclear lawsuit verdicts.
There’s already articles about how the owner/founder disregarded safety and that the company has had multiple technical issue with the sun resulting in cancelled trips. They have been sued multiple times.

And I just read an article that not only did the 'sub' used an generic XBOX controller but the US navy uses the same XBOX controller on it's subs periscope systems since "it's easy to use". What could possibly go wrong with that idea? Your tax dollars at work.

And I just read an article that not only did the 'sub' used an generic XBOX controller but the US navy uses the same XBOX controller on it's subs periscope systems since "it's easy to use". What could possibly go wrong with that idea? Your tax dollars at work.

Nothing’s wrong with the idea—in fact, it’s smart.

Cheap, proven, off the shelf tech instead of a million-dollar kludge that doesn’t work (which is more tre military’s style)…my tax dollars at work, and for once, used wisely by the military.

I’m sure General Dynamics would be happy to design an $8000 game controller if it would make everyone feel happier. 😎

I have zero sympathy.

In fact, I have a lot more compassion for boatloads of refugees trying to find a better life than I do than those schmucks who spent a quarter mill to do something incredibly dangerous.

But…put a couple billionaires in a sinking sub and watch the Navies of several large nations scramble to save their useless tuchii (if that ain’t the plural of tuchus. it should be).

In short: F’em. To paraphrase Josie Wales: Fish gotta eat, just like worms.
I couldn't agree more. As one friend of mine said, 11 people were murdered in Chicago last weekend, why do we care about one group but not the other.

Well it took 73 years, four months, and 18 days to locate the Titanic where it currently rests. Perhaps with today's technology the lost mini-sub will be found in half that time. I'm sure if the company had a manual on board with directions for dealing with such an emergency the instructions would be short and to the point: Try not to panic, but if you are reading this you are s**t out of luck!

Nothing’s wrong with the idea—in fact, it’s smart.

Cheap, proven, off the shelf tech instead of a million-dollar kludge that doesn’t work (which is more tre military’s style)…my tax dollars at work, and for once, used wisely by the military.
Yeah, for a periscope maybe, but this sub is using it to control the sub. I don't want Chinese video game tech controlling subs I am in or that I am paying for. It's like the Romeo 5. So far all of mine are bulletproof. If I have one gun to save my life with and I'm in a war zone though, I won't be running a Romeo 5 on it. Or a PSA Bolt Carrier Group as opposed to a BCM or Wilson. Maybe that's a better analogy.

Well it took 73 years, four months, and 18 days to locate the Titanic where it currently rests. Perhaps with today's technology the lost mini-sub will be found in half that time. I'm sure if the company had a manual on board with directions for dealing with such an emergency the instructions would be short and to the point: Try not to panic, but if you are reading this you are s**t out of luck!
I was under the impression this vessel had an emergency "Surface" button. Either it's faulty or all those people are already dead.

I was under the impression this vessel had an emergency "Surface" button. Either it's faulty or all those people are already dead.
There is—kinda. It releases the (normally) lead weight that gives it negative buoyancy and it should rise.

But, if that’s an electronic switch, and the sun lost power, or electronics…it wouldn’t matter.

Or, they might be floating in the North Atlantic with no way of signaling for rescue.

Agreed, they’re probably dead already.

Yeah, for a periscope maybe, but this sub is using it to control the sub. I don't want Chinese video game tech controlling subs I am in or that I am paying for. It's like the Romeo 5. So far all of mine are bulletproof. If I have one gun to save my life with and I'm in a war zone though, I won't be running a Romeo 5 on it. Or a PSA Bolt Carrier Group as opposed to a BCM or Wilson. Maybe that's a better analogy.
I was referring to the periscope controller…as for a sun control, yeah, something a bit more robust, please.

Back