testtest

So.......

There is—kinda. It releases the (normally) lead weight that gives it negative buoyancy and it should rise.

But, if that’s an electronic switch, and the sun lost power, or electronics…it wouldn’t matter.

Or, they might be floating in the North Atlantic with no way of signaling for rescue.

Agreed, they’re probably dead already.
I have been told a lot that I am a cold bastard with no empathy and I guess it's true. I can't stress enough how much this "Saga" fills me with ennui. And the money being spent on the search/rescue attempt should be paid for by the dead guy's estate.

I have been told a lot that I am a cold bastard with no empathy and I guess it's true. I can't stress enough how much this "Saga" fills me with ennui. And the money being spent on the search/rescue attempt should be paid for by the dead guy's estate.
Agreed.

It’s no different, imho, than if you climb Devil’s Tower; you have to sign a waiver that says if they have to rescue you, you pay for it.

I’d say the company, and the estates of those billionaires on board should be reimbursing the US & Canada every last cent.

I was under the impression this vessel had an emergency "Surface" button. Either it's faulty or all those people are already dead.
Well, I don't want to sound morbid or demented, but I wonder if any one of these guys have figured out he would last longer if he killed the other 4? I read a story once about some whalers that were lost at sea in a rowboat, and to survive they drew lots and the one who got the short straw was killed and eaten. The closest I get to the ocean is to stand on the beach at the water line!

Agreed.

It’s no different, imho, than if you climb Devil’s Tower; you have to sign a waiver that says if they have to rescue you, you pay for it.

I’d say the company, and the estates of those billionaires on board should be reimbursing the US & Canada every last cent.
It reminds me of all the F'ing trash at the top of Mt. Everest. People are idiots and stupidity should be painful.

It reminds me of all the F'ing trash at the top of Mt. Everest. People are idiots and stupidity should be painful.
Speaking of which…
9DD955C6-6522-45A1-92E0-78774BF65B0F.jpeg

Well, I don't want to sound morbid or demented, but I wonder if any one of these guys have figured out he would last longer if he killed the other 4? I read a story once about some whalers that were lost at sea in a rowboat, and to survive they drew lots and the one who got the short straw was killed and eaten. The closest I get to the ocean is to stand on the beach at the water line!
Speaking of eaten, someone here posted a link to a video of some guy getting eaten alive by a Tiger Shark off the coast of Egypt. And I hear Orcas have begun teaming up to attack boats. I've often said what the world needs is a lot more elephant stampedes. 6 Billion people on this planet now and I think it's high time nature staged a revolution.

I have no sympathy for them. Do enough stupid dangerous things it's going to catch up. I read somewhere they had a manual release for the ballast system. This makes me think they may have imploded. They lost contact somewhere more than three quarters down. At that depth and with the current there any floating debris would pop up miles and miles away.

It's about a 2 hr ride to the bottom where Titanic rests. The fact they lost all comms at about 1 hr 45 mins into the decent says something really catastrophic happened before they reached bottom. My guess is either a total power loss, due to any number of possibilities, or an implosion, in which case it was immediate death for the occupants. I've seen it written there was a mechanical release of all balast which could have been utilized even with a loss of comms/power, but there's no way of knowing where they might have popped up to the surface. And that little sub doesn't ride high in the water, but just barely breaking the surface making it very hard to spot even from the air. Those on board all had a choice and took their chances, but their families left topside had no choice, or maybe very little. No matter who or how, these deaths will be a tragedy for a lot of people. I hope there's more to it than appears, but I sure don't have a lot of hope at this point.

OceanGate Expeditions CEO Stockton Rush, who is aboard the missing submersible, once explained why he preferred not to hire "50-year-old White guys" with military experience to pilot his company's vessels.

Rush said he valued captains who were "inspirational" over experience, noting that "anybody can drive the sub," which is controlled with a $30 video game controller.

"When I started the business, one of the things you'll find, there are other sub operators out there, but they typically have gentlemen who are ex-military submariners, and you'll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old White guys," Rush told Teledyne Marine in a 2020 Zoom interview.

"I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational, and I'm not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology, but a 25-year-old, you know, who's a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational," Rush said. "So we've really tried to get very intelligent, motivated, younger individuals involved because we're doing things that are completely new."
So, what are his feelngs on his wokeness now?

There is no disputing the fact that
Stockton Rush was a very intelligent person however the arrogance of his intelligence was horrendous and has most likely sealed his fate along with those other individuals aboard that submersible, I can’t help but wonder why there was not more oversight in expedition's of this kind.
A cluster F… of epic proportions.

I have little sympathy but I hope whatever was fast. Not into seeing even a rich thrill seeker tortured over is own poor choices, stupidity and arrogance.

Now serial killers and other human monsters and detritus... slowly suffocating in the dark, I'm ok with that, maybe even a bit bring put the popcorn, perhaps to my own damnation...

Just reported by the…….
(National Oceanic Institute)
that there are just a handful of submersible’s certified to dive to the depths of the Titanic and the Titan was not one of them.
This was a disaster that was bound to happen.

Follow up Edit…….

Just reported that……..
(OceanGate Expeditions)
“Self Certified” the Titan Submersible as being a vessel capable of diving to deep depths

Last edited:
Back