testtest

Some 1911 Help

Not even a buffalo wing?
Buffalo wing with a skirt.
917C80E9-8244-42A4-9D91-4AE053D1015C.jpeg

I’ll write more later, but at ~50 rds, I fired 3 at 45ft. See pic. It’s basically under 2in (maybe 1.5?) group.
I’m not a particularly good pistol shot - came up with M9s in the Army; my personal handguns in the 90s an up into the 2000s was my beloved HiPower and a Glock (which after discovering the trigger of the 1911, i can’t stand anymore. Still love my HP though).
anywho... No misfires; like the slimmer grip compared to my RIAs, mag performs fine so far.
Pardon my homemade target ! I grew up with Coke cans on a fence post or stick in the ground:). Notice i taped over the break-in shots..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 212
I’ll write more later, but at ~50 rds, I fired 3 at 45ft. See pic. It’s basically under 2in (maybe 1.5?) group.
I’m not a particularly good pistol shot - came up with M9s in the Army; my personal handguns in the 90s an up into the 2000s was my beloved HiPower and a Glock (which after discovering the trigger of the 1911, i can’t stand anymore. Still love my HP though).
anywho... No misfires; like the slimmer grip compared to my RIAs, mag performs fine so far.
Pardon my homemade target ! I grew up with Coke cans on a fence post or stick in the ground:). Notice i taped over the break-in shots..
A few general observations: the Ronin is much tighter fit than both my RIAs (GI and Rock Standard; I won’t compare my 9mm Rock Ultra here). It was to be expected....

Kinda gritty or rough going into battery (releasing slide right before firing, as I understand batter to be ?). I think this’ll smooth out.
I did not use my Lucas grease, only Lucas oil after cleaning. (Any opinions on grease vs oil, amd Lucas products in general, are welcome).
Had NO grittiness in the trigger. Very crisp break, too.

Getting the slide stop back in after cleaning: far harder than my RIAs! Please, spare me tips about using credit cards, etc. John M Browning didn’t design with that intention and I’m not fooling with gimmicks requiring anything but my hands or another gun part may..

i get an impression of a slightly “forward weighted” gun compared to my RIAs. I do like that, for some reason. But I don’t have the RIAs here to really compared.

i was concerned about the lack of full checkering of the grips (as well as lack of front strap checkering) but the MSH checkering combined with the slimmer grips gave me a better feel than the thicker G10 grips of my RIAs. I’m a small guy and this was a nice surprise, never mind the grips half-checkering ! Try it !

FO front sights did well... but I’m still not sold on FOs in general (no hit on the Ronin, btw).

Bottom Line: quite nice pistol; good quality, minimal to no break in (unlike RIA). With someone besides me operating it, accuracy would be terrific! ( maybe adj sites to hit a bit more to the right).
Highly recommend it, esp at that price ! That’s enough for now; gotta get home...

A few general observations: the Ronin is much tighter fit than both my RIAs (GI and Rock Standard; I won’t compare my 9mm Rock Ultra here). It was to be expected....

Kinda gritty or rough going into battery (releasing slide right before firing, as I understand batter to be ?). I think this’ll smooth out.
I did not use my Lucas grease, only Lucas oil after cleaning. (Any opinions on grease vs oil, amd Lucas products in general, are welcome).

Getting the slide stop back in after cleaning: far harder than my RIAs! Please, spare me tips about using credit cards, etc. John M Browning didn’t design with that intention and I’m not fooling with gimmicks requiring anything but my hands or another gun part may..

i get an impression of a slightly “forward weighted” gun compared to my RIAs. I do like that, for some reason. But I don’t have the RIAs here to really compared.

i was concerned about the lack of full checkering of the grips (as well as lack of front strap checkering) but the MSH checkering combined with the slimmer grips gave me a better feel than the thicker G10 grips of my RIAs. I’m a small guy and this was a nice surprise, never mind the grips half-checkering ! Try it !

FO front sights did well... but I’m still not sold on FOs in general (no hit on the Ronin, btw).

Bottom Line: quite nice pistol; good quality, minimal to no break in (unlike RIA). With someone besides me operating it, accuracy would be terrific! ( maybe adj sites to hit a bit more to the right).
Highly recommend it, esp at that price ! That’s enough for now; gotta get home...

Try a little grip tape on the front strap; have it on my Norinco/Kimber .22 conversion, and it works great.

One thing: I used Sig 230gr FMJ... pretty clean burning. Then used some Win white box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
Back