testtest

Some 1911 Help

Ok so since I went with the
1911 Range Officer 45 I’ll call it the
(Plain Jane) model Since it came with black sights, and when I say black I mean no white dots on the rear sight and nothing but a black serrated ramp on the front.
Now since the rear is adjustable I would like to stay with an adjustable rear but have white dots and would love 🙏 to have a fiber optic front so all you experts out there please chime in on my options.
A couple other things is I would like to stay with Springfield Armory sights and is this something I can do without filling to fit????
You might have to mix & match, but I think LPA makes an adjustable rear with white dots...then whoever's FO front you'd like.

Well...I wouldn’t go that far. There’s a lot of top-notch trainers running fiber optics on their personal carry pistols...

They are remarkably good at picking up dim light...and if you have a flashlight/weaponlight, FO tubes will definitely pop a bit in the dark.

Remember—if there’s no light to see your sights...you probably can’t see your target well enough to identify it, either.

That being said...I do prefer tritium, myself.
I know my fiber optics suck in low light. And without a shadow of a doubt no comparison to my Trijicon night sights.

Those 3 are all good choices but you did say for EDC use. I would go with the Ronin of the 3 you are looking at. Adjustable rear sight is not an issue but I do not need a rail for my 1911's. I was carrying a RO Compact .45 but recently picked up the EMP4. This is my new favorite with 10 plus 1 of 9mm. I installed night sights on both and the rear is a tactical rack ledge on both. Both are tack drivers as are all the Springfield's I own.

It has a 1911 barrel with a polished feed ramp if that's what your asking? It's nice-looking never shot one but if its anything like my Springfield Armory Stainless Range Officer.45 you will like it. Good Luck Enjoy it !
Yeah, was asking if the barrel itself is ramped (integral to the barrel) or non-ramped (ie, the polished feed ramp is on the frame and not part of the barrel).

Ok so since I went with the
1911 Range Officer 45 I’ll call it the
(Plain Jane) model Since it came with black sights, and when I say black I mean no white dots on the rear sight and nothing but a black serrated ramp on the front.
Now since the rear is adjustable I would like to stay with an adjustable rear but have white dots and would love 🙏 to have a fiber optic front so all you experts out there please chime in on my options.
A couple other things is I would like to stay with Springfield Armory sights and is this something I can do without filling to fit????
I would leave the rear sight alone. I’d go with a Dawson Precision front sight. You would then be set up more so for “target” shooting, not saying it couldn’t be used for self defense. The main focus is to be on the front sight, not the rear and not so much your intended target, not so much, mind you as out eyes can’t focus on the rear, front and target clearly together only one can be in focus. With the rear sight blacked out and a FO front sight your eyes will be drawn to the front sight. It is an excellent combo.

I would leave the rear sight alone. I’d go with a Dawson Precision front sight. You would then be set up more so for “target” shooting, not saying it couldn’t be used for self defense. The main focus is to be on the front sight, not the rear and not so much your intended target, not so much, mind you as out eyes can’t focus on the rear, front and target clearly together only one can be in focus. With the rear sight blacked out and a FO front sight your eyes will be drawn to the front sight. It is an excellent combo.
I like that thank you.

I like that too....
Takes me back to the basics - when I was a kid my first gun was a little 20ga single barrel, with nothing but a bead on the end of the barrel. And that’s what you did - “draw a bead” !!
(Yeah, different thing I know...but its funny how the first few things you ever learn sort of set the stage or mindset for the rest of tour life. One reason Basic Training or Boot Camp USMC is probably THE most important part of any soldier/Marine’s experience, whether they stay in 3 yrs or 23...). Sorry, just rambling:)

I like that too....
Takes me back to the basics - when I was a kid my first gun was a little 20ga single barrel, with nothing but a bead on the end of the barrel. And that’s what you did - “draw a bead” !!
(Yeah, different thing I know...but its funny how the first few things you ever learn sort of set the stage or mindset for the rest of tour life. One reason Basic Training or Boot Camp USMC is probably THE most important part of any soldier/Marine’s experience, whether they stay in 3 yrs or 23...). Sorry, just rambling:)
Rambling is something I find myself doing a lot 😂😂 and appreciated on this forum. Experience is a plus. 😁

I like that too....
Which side of the Mississippi as for training camp placement are/did you come from?

Ok here I go. My lady has accepted a job at a local hospital, they were very impressed with her credentials and offered her an awesome package.
We got home from camping today and found all the paperwork in the mail including an incredible signing bonus check. During camping she was asking me about a handgun to carry so we went on the Springfield website and she wants the XDS Mod2 9mm she also told me she would buy me another handgun 😁
So I’m going for the 1911 Ronin, since I have the 1911 Range Officer in 45ACP I’m thinking the 9mm decisions, decisions.

Ok here I go. My lady has accepted a job at a local hospital, they were very impressed with her credentials and offered her an awesome package.
We got home from camping today and found all the paperwork in the mail including an incredible signing bonus check. During camping she was asking me about a handgun to carry so we went on the Springfield website and she wants the XDS Mod2 9mm she also told me she would buy me another handgun 😁
So I’m going for the 1911 Ronin, since I have the 1911 Range Officer in 45ACP I’m thinking the 9mm decisions, decisions.
Personally, I’m a bit of a ‘purist’ (whatever the heck that means) and would stick with .45... one reason is ammo consistency - unless u have others in 9. Of course, if she’s getting a 9 then thats less of an issue anyway.
Main thing: if she’s buying, and if u can find a buy one get one deal on Ronins, then cut me in and I’ll spring for some ammo no matter which caliber LOL !!!

Hope she like it. The new job and the new gun and enjoy yours.

Back