testtest

Springfield Armory

Hellcat OSP
911 .380
Saint Victor Pistol 5.56

Loving SA. Only other self defense firearm is a Kimber Pro Carry II 1911 that I’ve had for probably 10 years. Wonderful firearm, but a bit too heavy for every day carry.

Since my last post, I've been able to add a few more Springfields to the collection. I really wish I'd discovered them when the XD Mod.2 and XDM models were going for less than $300, but I was still able to pick them up for great deals before the pandemic drove the prices through the roof. So far, I have:

XD Mod.2 4": 45 acp, 40 S&W, 9mm.
XD Mod.2 3.3": 45 acp
XDs Mod.2: 45 acp, 9mm
XDM Elite 4.5" 9mm
XDM Elite 3.8" 9mm

1911 Professional 9mm
1911 RO 10mm
1911 RO 45acp 5"
1911 Compact 45acp
1911 EMP 9mm
1911 EMP CCC 9mm
and will be getting 1911 Professional 45acp before summer then I will give my RO 45acp to my son...win win for both of us

Since this post I have replaced the RO Compact with a RO Champion
Replaced the RO Operator 45acp 5" with a TRP .45acp
Added a XD-M 4.5" 10mm
Added a Hellcat without optics
The Professional .45acp has been pushed to hopefully 2021

I just came back to this thread and realized how much has changed since my late January posts.

First, it appears that a couple more Springfield purchases occurred. I bought another 911, despite the challenges I'd had with my first one. It has been a quite different and wonderful experience. I sent my original 911 back to Springfield and they installed a new slide lock spring. It still pops out when I field strip the pistol, but the spring remains in place in the frame...I merely push it back in when reassembling the gun.

More excitedly, I bought the Springfield EMP 40 3" reduced size 1911. This pistol is awesome. It shoots so much better than I am capable of shooting, so I let it. If it would load its own magazines...that would be amazing.

Lastly, I picked up a FDE Hellcat the moment they became available. Since we've been locked down since March, the restrictions on handgun purchases until after the DisneyWorld trip was lifted.

I also picked up extra magazines for everything, as well as the Viridian lasers for the Hellcat and the laser grips for one of my 911s.

So my Springfield family now stands at:
2 911s 380ACP
1 Hellcat 9mm
1 EMP 40S&W

Next year's dream list includes a Springfield EMP 9mm and a 911 9mm. (and if I'm really good, either a Ronin or a Range Operator in 45 ACP, 9mm, or both)

I just came back to this thread and realized how much has changed since my late January posts.

First, it appears that a couple more Springfield purchases occurred. I bought another 911, despite the challenges I'd had with my first one. It has been a quite different and wonderful experience. I sent my original 911 back to Springfield and they installed a new slide lock spring. It still pops out when I field strip the pistol, but the spring remains in place in the frame...I merely push it back in when reassembling the gun.

More excitedly, I bought the Springfield EMP 40 3" reduced size 1911. This pistol is awesome. It shoots so much better than I am capable of shooting, so I let it. If it would load its own magazines...that would be amazing.

Lastly, I picked up a FDE Hellcat the moment they became available. Since we've been locked down since March, the restrictions on handgun purchases until after the DisneyWorld trip was lifted.

I also picked up extra magazines for everything, as well as the Viridian lasers for the Hellcat and the laser grips for one of my 911s.

So my Springfield family now stands at:
2 911s 380ACP
1 Hellcat 9mm
1 EMP 40S&W

Next year's dream list includes a Springfield EMP 9mm and a 911 9mm. (and if I'm really good, either a Ronin or a Range Operator in 45 ACP, 9mm, or both)
Mark,
Just found this forum looking for info about the 911 .380. I know it is an old post. But hoping for the best.
I've been reluctant to shoot my Springfield 911 .380 due to the slide spring popped forward (nudged while first breakdown inspection) and needed to be sent back to be fixed. Not sure if it is the same issue/result.
So, my real question is what state of carry for the little 911.
When I web search for an answer to the following question it only finds how, on the body to carry, not the state of the weapon.
I've only carried a .45 1911, chambered, cocked and locked. Currently a Dan Wesson Guardian. also have a Firestar but never really carried that one. mostly side table usage, maybe for the same reason. Have an Ruger SP101 as well but self explanatory being a revolver.
I've have no real everyday experience with much else, just at a range.
Thanks for any response.

Mark,
Just found this forum looking for info about the 911 .380. I know it is an old post. But hoping for the best.
I've been reluctant to shoot my Springfield 911 .380 due to the slide spring popped forward (nudged while first breakdown inspection) and needed to be sent back to be fixed. Not sure if it is the same issue/result.
When I web search for an answer to the following question it only finds how, on the body to carry, not the state of the weapon.
I've only carried a .45 1911, chambered, cocked and locked. Currently a Dan Wesson Guardian. also have a Firestar but never really carried that one. mostly side table usage, maybe for the same reason. Have an Ruger SP101 as well but self explanatory being a revolver.
Thanks for any response.
I carry mine with 7 in the mag and one in the pipe, safety on. I figure with a .380, that one extra is good to have in the pipe. And the thumb safety gives me a peace of mind in terms of safety...

And I love my 911 .380. I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned here. Been rock solid since day one, and very accurate.

Mark,
Thanks for any response.
So first welcome to the forum from Kentucky. If you’ve received your 911 back from repair then you need to take it to the range and shot it, then and only then will you begin to get comfortable with the gun. After that look for a holster and carry it.

Mark,
Thanks for any response.
If you are comfortable carrying a condition 1 1911, it would only make sense to carry your 911 in the same manner—round chambered, hammer fully cocked, safety on.

Thanks for the replies. I will carry as I do my 1911. Yes, condition 1. Was my thought, but.....
The comment about the thumb on the thumb safety possibly slowing down the slide
got me thinking as I keep my thumb on it. Guess I'll find out if I press/pressure too much.
If I have issues I might know why.
I really do need to get out and shoot it. And find out for myself.

Time for another update on my Springfield family of pistols. Although I'd hoped to find an EMP in 9mm last year, it was not to be. It was easier to find primers than a SA EMP 9mm. The Ronin EMP came out, and as luck would have it, I found a Ronin EMP 9mm and a standard EMP in 9mm. After handing the Ronin EMP, I made a beeline back to the gun shop where I encountered the EMP. It might have been sitting in the case, unnoticed and unloved, as it was a discontinued package. So, for a hair over a grand, after taxes, I picked up my long-awaited SA EMP 9mm, kydex holster, 2 magazine carrier, 6 stainless 9 round magazines, lock, tools, trigger lock keys, and a massive TSA approved carrying case to hold everything.

I took it out for the first time today (4/8) and ran three types of ammo...plated, FMJ, and JHP, 115gr and 124gr. No issues...as fully expected, I just hold the pistol properly, and the EMP knows where to send the bullets. Now I'm torn as to which I like more, my EMP 40S&W, or my new EMP 9mm.

On a sad note, I bought a S&W Shield Plus Performance Center 9mm last year, and now I wonder what I every saw in the SA Hellcat. Needless to say, I've never been happy with that pistol from the moment I received it, and most likely, it'll become the first pistol I've ever sold or traded. I'll have to take it out and shoot it alongside my Shield Plus, just to be fair, but I'm pretty sure I'll be finding it a new home. Heck...my sons don't even want it!

Back