testtest

Springfield Hellcat Review: Best CCW 9mm Ever

Im sorry , but Ive lost all confidence in Springfield Armory for releasing a firearm ( hellcat ) with such a major flaw . mainly , if you happen to touch the trigger , pushing to the left , before depressing the blade safety , the gun will not fire . same issue with a friends hellcat also . if you check youtube , evidently , a lot of people are having this problem . there is not much room between the trigger guard and trigger face . ( I do have large fingers )

Im sorry , but Ive lost all confidence in Springfield Armory for releasing a firearm ( hellcat ) with such a major flaw . mainly , if you happen to touch the trigger , pushing to the left , before depressing the blade safety , the gun will not fire . same issue with a friends hellcat also . if you check youtube , evidently , a lot of people are having this problem . there is not much room between the trigger guard and trigger face . ( I do have large fingers )
Sell your Hellcat and move on. If you are that inept at firing a pistol then you shouldn’t even attempt to do so. This was not a problem in anyone’s mind until one tuber made a video showing how improper trigger discipline with a firearm with a trigger safety rendered the firearm inoperable until proper trigger discipline was followed. Sound like Springfield Armory got this one right. Just move along now!

Great review! Anybody here actually have a Hellcat with an optic on it that its theyre carry gun? Im wondering how uncomfortable one of those sights would be digging into your side....
Couple of things...first, I had a Hellcat OSP without the Shield RSMc red dot and carried it in a Crossbreed IWB Reckoning holster. It took about a week to be really comfortable with the holster. After that, I wouldn't want anything else. A long story short, I just replaced that Hellcat with a new one and I'm in the process of getting a Shield RSMc Red Dot 8MOA sight for it. I am convinced that the Crossbreed holster will make carrying as comfortable as before.
A point to raise is that, on my original Hellcat, the front sight was the bright yellow tritium & luminescent front sight which was easy to acquire a sight picture with. This second Hellcat has a red fiber optic sight which sucks...very hard to acquire. When I called Springfeld Armory the customer service representative said it was now standard. I'm trying to get this fixed.

Thanks for your service Mike! Night Fision has the front sight for the Hellcat. Hellcat uses the sights for the XD line. Their Perfect Dot Tritium Night Sight for Springfield might be one you should look at. It looks just like the original factory sight and Hellcat is listed on the dropdown list. I don't have the sight but this one looks good. If you have questions, give them a call. Here's their main website link: http://www.nightfision.com

Last edited:
Had some trouble this morning at the range. I had two jam ups on the same clip. Number 4 and 9 shots the ammo never came up into the chamber but sat down at insertion point. I called my range guy over. We both said it was the ammo. Lawman it was . Problem is it's a little flat topped by design and maybe just not sliding past the mechanical of the gun. Put different ammo in that was more conical and not a issue. I also cleaned the gun when I got home. I shot some steel cased ammo that just is filthy on the gun parts. Not buying that anymore and I'll watch ammo going forward. Just thought I mention this as it may scare someone when things jam. I'm like WTF. All good learning curve

usmcmike- The first dropdown for the Perfect Dot is a little confusing. It excludes the Hellcat OSP but if you choose "Front Sight Only" on the second dropdown you'll be okay. The rear sight will not work with the red dot but if you look at the reviews, the site administrator responds to a question about the front sight saying it will work with the Hellcat OSP. I'd call them to be sure. Sorry for the confusion but I did the first post from memory.

Couple of things...first, I had a Hellcat OSP without the Shield RSMc red dot and carried it in a Crossbreed IWB Reckoning holster. It took about a week to be really comfortable with the holster. After that, I wouldn't want anything else. A long story short, I just replaced that Hellcat with a new one and I'm in the process of getting a Shield RSMc Red Dot 8MOA sight for it. I am convinced that the Crossbreed holster will make carrying as comfortable as before.
A point to raise is that, on my original Hellcat, the front sight was the bright yellow tritium & luminescent front sight which was easy to acquire a sight picture with. This second Hellcat has a red fiber optic sight which sucks...very hard to acquire. When I called Springfeld Armory the customer service representative said it was now standard. I'm trying to get this fixed.
Since posting, I received an email from Springfield Armory telling me that I could have the red fiber optic front sight replaced with a tritium & luminescent front night sight for merely $80 more and $10 shipping. I am not very happy!

usmcmike- The first dropdown for the Perfect Dot is a little confusing. It excludes the Hellcat OSP but if you choose "Front Sight Only" on the second dropdown you'll be okay. The rear sight will not work with the red dot but if you look at the reviews, the site administrator responds to a question about the front sight saying it will work with the Hellcat OSP. I'd call them to be sure. Sorry for the confusion but I did the first post from memory.
Lock 'n Load...thanks for the advice and link. As You can see from my reply to myself, I am underwhelmed by Springfield Armory's response. They want about 15% of the original purchase price to replace the red fiber optic sight with a functional night sight. So, I've got to make a decision. I was thinking of investing in a Shield RMSc Red Dot 8MOA but have to figure out if doing so would eliminate the need to also get the proper night sight. I don't know if the red dot would conflict with the red fiber optic because I've never used a red dot before

Lock n' Load...left a message for Night Fision. I'll get this worked through one way or another. Again, thanks for your advice!

Last edited:
Well your going to see two red dots right on top of each other. The mechanical sight will be a little below what you see for the red dot. I would try to go green, yellow for that front mechanical I would not buy the RMSc for starters. Not for 400. I mean the Romeo Zero for 200 is actually pretty good. I would maybe go for the Holosun 407 k or 507 k even though we need to do a little grinding.

heck if I was going to spend 400 than the Delta Pro even though fat would be worth that money. I’ve been researching all of this and it’s fairly confusing.

Guy Mancuso...thanks for the advice. It is confusing to me, for sure. I'm in no rush to spend big bucks, so I'm picking the brains of you guys who have much more experience than me I have always used just iron sights, so I'm going to go into this slowly and maybe Night Fision will have an affordable green/yellow to replace that red fiber optic. Any further advice will always be gratefully sccepted.

Bigger problem is our options available but more important is data that relates directly to our hellcats. I’m guessing at these mounts of red dots and there are several types. Again like many industries the standards are not standard. The big thing is we all need to inform each other as well.

I know that Springfield Armory said the Shield RMSc fit the Hellcat flush, without any overhang. If, again, if I follow through on a red dot, I believe I want a front sight as you suggested...green or yellow to minimize any confusion with having two red dots. Perhaps Night Fision will have an answer...their website shows some possibilities. I think I'm going to slow down on this project so that I can use all of you guys' experience to make the best decision I can.

Take your time Mike, and get the combination that works best for you. Diligence, patience, and research can save a lot of anxiety, regret, and money when it comes to your firearms. Don't hesitate to call these companies for clarifications on your questions. Sometimes, e-mail message responses don't give you the answers you seek..

Last edited:
I grabbed a Swampfox Sentinel today. Just canceled the Holosun 507k. Should get it this week. Tired of waiting and I don’t need to modify my slide either. It’s made of aluminum and looks really nice

new article here on the forum about it.

Guy...The article was an interesting read and the price was $70 +/- cheaper than the Shield I was looking at. I'm going to take it slow, but in the meantime, let us know how it functions and what you think of it.

I will certainly do that I paid 239. I'll post a link. I bought the manual brightness control. Rather I decide brightness. I should get it like in 3 days. I think what sold me was a higher window and being aluminum. Not to mention available. I may give my son my Romeo zero for his Sig 320. May need a adapter

Here still in stock. I'll tell ya this stuff disappears fast

Even for the auto-brightness, this price is some $120 less than the Shield...not bad if it works well and it looks like it's an American company!

Back