testtest

Springfield Hellcat Review: Best CCW 9mm Ever

Great review! Anybody here actually have a Hellcat with an optic on it that its theyre carry gun? Im wondering how uncomfortable one of those sights would be digging into your side....
I grabbed a Swampfox Sentinel today. Just canceled the Holosun 507k. Should get it this week. Tired of waiting and I don’t need to modify my slide either. It’s made of aluminum and looks really nice

new article here on the forum about it.
Love mine! Solid with good picture.

Attachments

• Hellcat.jpg
    Hellcat.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 258
Im sorry , but Ive lost all confidence in Springfield Armory for releasing a firearm ( hellcat ) with such a major flaw . mainly , if you happen to touch the trigger , pushing to the left , before depressing the blade safety , the gun will not fire . same issue with a friends hellcat also . if you check youtube , evidently , a lot of people are having this problem . there is not much room between the trigger guard and trigger face . ( I do have large fingers )
Once I put pressure with my thumb to correct the pushing left it is extremely accurate.
I will certainly do that I paid 239. I'll post a link. I bought the manual brightness control. Rather I decide brightness. I should get it like in 3 days. I think what sold me was a higher window and being aluminum. Not to mention available. I may give my son my Romeo zero for his Sig 320. May need a adapter

Here still in stock. I'll tell ya this stuff disappears fast

[/QUO
I grabbed a Swampfox Sentinel today. Just canceled the Holosun 507k. Should get it this week. Tired of waiting and I don’t need to modify my slide either. It’s made of aluminum and looks really nice

new article here on the forum about it.
Awesome really looking forward to it. The 507k I just can’t wait any longer . Besides it supports American workers and that’s always a good thing
Your gonna really like it. Has worked great and no worries with it breaking with aluminum. It sits a little bit higher so easier to see your target.

If I can ask on the Romeo the red dot disappears quite often to the top. My thoughts are this has a taller window so that may not happen . At least that was my thoughts on this. My other issue is a second reflection from the window that’s lower and in the heat of shooting I’ve thought that was the red dot . Which reality is over shooting

Hard to compare to Romeo as have not used that but you can see your front site so it is easy to get it lined up if you are not seeing the dot. No issues of reflection that I can speak of.

Last edited:
I just put it on the Hellcat. I’m going to range Monday morning but it looks like it’s already zeroed. The Dot is a real circular in Look. My Zero was like a triangle weird thing. It’s nice and bright. Mounted very easily with a nice plastic gasket to keep water out. Nice tools and adjustment tool for zeroing. Love the cover. I typically throw the Hellcat in my bag going to range so that protection will be nice. I’ll play with it tonight. I have a laser 9mm bore to check zero so do that tonight but right now it’s looking perfectly zeroed.

Great...thanks for the update. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. Sounds like a good deal and a lot cheaper than the Shield. If all goes well, I'll look at getting my own from your supplier. Still trying I figure out if I need to replace the useless red fiber optic front sight or just get/use the Swampfox. Have a great weekend.

Nice to have the mechanical sight but for me I’m following that red dot. I’m wearing bifocals so seeing these sights up close is tough. The red dots help me so much. I’m pretty deadly on the range so thats really nice

I had cataract surgery several years ago and when they replaced the lenses they made my left eye for close up and my right eye for distance...called mono-vision. I'm hoping the red dot makes acquisition on target easier/quicker. Anyway, looking forward your next update.

Guy...how did it go at the range this morning? The Swampfox perform as you expected? You got yours just in time...Rocky Brass is out of stock.

I did really well . I was off by a inch or two left but that's me pulling the shots. My groups where awesome at 10,20,30 and even 40 feet. Best part was on recoil I could still see the dot it stayed in the window. My Romeo would get lost. So this held much better for user. When I did slow aiming it was deadly on target. Even as fast as I could go my groups where tight. I pulled a couple and that's me getting used to shooting. From my life as a photographer I'm a rock at handheld so I was really pleased today. Nice and bright and I really never lost the dot. Also very strong . I activated the slide all day with the sight so very robust. A really good buy. I saw a Holosun 507 K in the store today. Nice but I like the window far better on the Sentinel.

I did really well . I was off by a inch or two left but that's me pulling the shots. My groups where awesome at 10,20,30 and even 40 feet. Best part was on recoil I could still see the dot it stayed in the window. My Romeo would get lost. So this held much better for user. When I did slow aiming it was deadly on target. Even as fast as I could go my groups where tight. I pulled a couple and that's me getting used to shooting. From my life as a photographer I'm a rock at handheld so I was really pleased today. Nice and bright and I really never lost the dot. Also very strong . I activated the slide all day with the sight so very robust. A really good buy. I saw a Holosun 507 K in the store today. Nice but I like the window far better on the Sentinel.
Thanks for such a good, detailed report. I suspect, when Rocky Brass has them back in stock, I'll order one. Don't hesitate to keep us updated...have a great week!

Re Swampfox Sentinel, any comments on the Auto Brightness/Always On version versus the Manual Brightness/Shake and wake version. Batteries are cheap so was thinking Always On would be better. Curious what others think. Thank you

Back