testtest

Springfield Prodigy 5" with Vortex Viper Red Dot installed

Bragah

Elite
Sooooo on a whim I was browsing Palmetto Armory and what do I find?
The Vortex Viper is on sale and even had a coupon code for some more off.

Now the reason this interested me is I like the size and other aspects of it, and It uses the same sight plate that the Hex does, which means I already have the plate. Tempting.

Expecting $20 - $50 off with the coupon code, I put it in my cart and checked out and put in the code. How much off was it? An extra $120.

Came to $129 for the Viper. I snagged it - just got it today and here we are. The co-witness on the iron sights is great and the sights profile is quite low. Ended up really happy with it. Can't beat the price either.

20220914_161137.jpg
20220914_161422.jpg
20220914_161311.jpg

Sooooo on a whim I was browsing Palmetto Armory and what do I find?
The Vortex Viper is on sale and even had a coupon code for some more off.

Now the reason this interested me is I like the size and other aspects of it, and It uses the same sight plate that the Hex does, which means I already have the plate. Tempting.

Expecting $20 - $50 off with the coupon code, I put it in my cart and checked out and put in the code. How much off was it? An extra $120.

Came to $129 for the Viper. I snagged it - just got it today and here we are. The co-witness on the iron sights is great and the sights profile is quite low. Ended up really happy with it. Can't beat the price either.

View attachment 30775View attachment 30776View attachment 30777
Gun looks real good with your new red dot, congrats!

Which screws did you use? The two sets that came with the Viper did not work. One was too long, the other for Glock MOS and too narrow. I used a set from a Trijicon and it stripped the freaking plate. My fault for not seeing different thread pattern.

So while I’m buying another plate, I’d like to get the correct screws.

Which screws did you use? The two sets that came with the Viper did not work. One was too long, the other for Glock MOS and too narrow. I used a set from a Trijicon and it stripped the freaking plate. My fault for not seeing different thread pattern.

I used the long screws and filed them down. I believe @Bragah got a set of the correct length screws from Vortex gratis.

I emailed Vortex directly and told them I had the Prodigy and the Viper and that the included screws were too long - they sent 4 new screws at no charge. New screws work perfectly.

Very good Customer service from Vortex.

I emailed Vortex directly and told them I had the Prodigy and the Viper and that the included screws were too long - they sent 4 new screws at no charge. New screws work perfectly.

Very good Customer service from Vortex.
Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've ever heard anything less than excellent about Vortex CS.

I emailed after the above post. It’s already in the mail. Lol. Bought it to be a placeholder till the STO plate comes in. But the service may get me to stay. Hopefully the optic is good if/when I get a replacement plate and correct screws. Never had different screws in all the mounting and all the platforms. Kinda disheartening. But learned something today.

I emailed after the above post. It’s already in the mail. Lol. Bought it to be a placeholder till the STO plate comes in. But the service may get me to stay. Hopefully the optic is good if/when I get a replacement plate and correct screws. Never had different screws in all the mounting and all the platforms. Kinda disheartening. But learned something today.
I think it's getting really tough these days, with all the different optics and configurations. This isn't unique to Vortex, by any means. I'm still up in the air about whether providing proper screws is up to the gun manufacturer or the optic manufacturer. Either way, it's pretty hard to account for every different design that is out there. I hope that this standardizes over time.

Yea, they're SUPER fast at responding and sending them out.

Glad you got the same experience that I had! They even included an extra lens cleaning cloth and some stickers with the screws.

I think it's getting really tough these days, with all the different optics and configurations. This isn't unique to Vortex, by any means. I'm still up in the air about whether providing proper screws is up to the gun manufacturer or the optic manufacturer. Either way, it's pretty hard to account for every different design that is out there. I hope that this standardizes over time.
I just recently picked up an IWI Masada and it comes with four sets of plates to handle most of the major footprints and screws to fit. If it can be done with a $400 gun how come it can’t with a $1500 gun. Looking at you SA and Walther.

Back