testtest

Springfield SA-35

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ok, just read the current issue of Gun Digest the Magazine, has a great article on the SA-35. It stated in the article, from a reliable source the way Springfield saved on costs was to use parts manufactured by outside sources, the article said the frame and slide are by Tisas, but I guess Springfield didn't respond, good read, to me it doesn't matter that if Tisas made these parts, to me it makes good sense to save on costs and to pass these savings down to us, the consumer. I just hope Gun Digest got there information right before putting this into print.

A30975C6-E37A-4219-A817-356C7B82DDB1.jpeg

Last edited:
There was chatter right off that SA had acquired frames & slides (to what degree of manufacture is unknown) from overseas.

Considering Tisas had released their BR9 version a few years earlier it wouldn't be surprising that SA could have sourced things from the last known maker of the pistol.

BHSS did an evaluation of the Tisas, and I think they may have mentioned some similarity in the sight cuts between the SA-35 & BR9.

My .02

Last edited:
There was chatter right off that SA had acquired frames & slides (to what degree of manufacture is unknown) from overseas.

Considering Tisas had released their BR9 version a few years earlier it wouldn't be surprising that SA could have sourced things from the last known maker of the pistol.

BHSS did an evaluation of the Tisas, and I think they may have mentioned some similarity in the sight cuts between the SA-35 & BR9.

My .02
Didn’t know that, just saw it in my magazine, I think the article stated the slide and frame were 80% done

Back