testtest

Springfield SA-35

Take ar 15 lowers 1 company makes most lowers.
Not quite....

Manufacturers of AR forgings for lowers (This is an old list)

"LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske, Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI, Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton
JVP = Double Star, LRB
MMS = Mega, GSE, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms,
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Sun Devil = Sun Devil forged billet receivers
Superior = Superior Arms, Lauer (current)
Grenadier Precision"

JUST A PARTIAL list of Forgers.. Note: I don't know if FNH makes their own forgings.
And...there are other companies that make billet lowers.

So basically CMT Forges Stag, RRA, Noveske, S&W etc. Putting a different Logo on the Lower does not mean that Forger doesnt make Lower's or Upper's for 7 or 8 other AR manufacturers.

Note: Some manufacturers have characteristic machining and/or markings. Such as...

LMT usually leaves forge flash underneath the trigger well, and roughly cuts them between the receiver extension and pistol grip, while leaving a vertical mold flash line on the front lip of the mag well, as well as having other "fingerprint" marks... no bevel cut for the charging handle on the rear lug for the receiver extension, as well as particular mill marks in between the pivot pin tangs. They also have a 'fingerprint' cut in the receiver on the shelf, and below it where the FCG goes. Notice the diagonal mill mark on one of the pivot pin supports. Also unique is the radius in the grip tang pocket, which is not as smooth a transition as the other manufacturers.

And....

Most AR companies use 5 or 6 barrel companies.

Most AR companies use various trigger sources.

Most AR companies use 2 or 3 spring companies.

Most AR companies use various machine shops for BCGs.

Most AR companies use various sources for gas tubes.

Most AR companies use various anodizing shops.

Most AR companies use various LPKs sources.

Most AR companies use various buffers sources.

Most AR companies use various furniture sources.

Most AR companies have their own unique QC methods, customer service, marketing, engineering staff, nepotistic employee arrangements or not, varying philosophies of dedication to customers, understanding of the design and why things are the way they are, etc.

Last edited:
Went again today to shoot the SA-35.
Still not my favorite pistol though it ran fine with 75 rounds of Browning 124gr thru it.
I did notice that it got hot really quick. Trigger guard and front slide were super hot after 2 mags. Hadnt noticed that before.

I just dont get that jazzed up feel anymore with the pistol. Maybe that will pass with time. I still have that “will this next round be the FTF”? In the back of my mind every trigger pull.
D640513A-E41D-47F3-AC1D-09C8EC21F640.jpeg
7D381533-03B6-40D5-AE89-ADB4AA4FD85F.jpeg

Went again today to shoot the SA-35.
Still not my favorite pistol though it ran fine with 75 rounds of Browning 124gr thru it.
I did notice that it got hot really quick. Trigger guard and front slide were super hot after 2 mags. Hadnt noticed that before.

I just dont get that jazzed up feel anymore with the pistol. Maybe that will pass with time. I still have that “will this next round be the FTF”? In the back of my mind every trigger pull.View attachment 28434View attachment 28435
When your main squeeze is a Sig Max Michel or an X5Legion they become the bar that other guns get measured by, which in one respect is logical, but then your brain expects all guns to shoot and feel like that, which is not.

Don’t want to ask the same question over and over or be a melodrama queen, but WTF is going on with the SA-35?

It’s 9 months since “release” and there are none to be found…anywhere. I have one of the largest gun stores in the US nearby, and they have a NFS demo unit they got in months ago, but they say they’ve seen zero units for sale.

I saw them briefly at PSA for $999, and on the broker/auction sites for inflated prices, but none of the large online retailers or LGS have had them in stock. It’s seems like more than just huge demand.

Anyone have the definitive story on this gun? Are the extractor issues holding up production as they rework them?

Don’t want to ask the same question over and over or be a melodrama queen, but WTF is going on with the SA-35?

It’s 9 months since “release” and there are none to be found…anywhere. I have one of the largest gun stores in the US nearby, and they have a NFS demo unit they got in months ago, but they say they’ve seen zero units for sale.

I saw them briefly at PSA for $999, and on the broker/auction sites for inflated prices, but none of the large online retailers or LGS have had them in stock. It’s seems like more than just huge demand.

Anyone have the definitive story on this gun? Are the extractor issues holding up production as they rework them?
There are nine (9) on G B right now. If you want one that is an option that one can move on right now.

Also, there's a selection of Girsan MC P35 version (Mk.III clone), and of course a variety of the original FN/Brownings at competitive prices.

Most dealers get product from large Distributors which get allocations from the Manufacturer such as Springfield Armory based on their production rates.

The story has been told many times (here) and Springfield CS and other businesses skiiled with the Hi-Power design are dealing with returns, or customers sending SA-35s in for customization.

Other than the initial announcement of the SA-35 release there has been no "official" update/new news from Springfield Armory central here.

Otherwise I'd suggest you contact Springfield Armory directly.

Last edited:
There are nine (9) on G B right now. If you want one that is an option that one can move on right now.

Also, there's a selection of Girsan MC P35 version (Mk.III clone), and of course a variety of the original FN/Brownings at competitive prices.

Most dealers get product from large Distributors which get allocations from the Manufacturer such as Springfield Armory based on their production rates.

The story has been told many times (here) and Springfield CS and other businesses skiiled with the Hi-Power design are dealing with returns, or customers sending SA-35s in for customization.

Other than the initial announcement of the SA-35 release there has been no "official" update/new news from Springfield Armory central here.

Otherwise I'd suggest you contact Springfield Armory directly.
OK thanks. Simply saying you don’t know would have been just as helpful.

I won’t ask here again.

My shop hasn’t had one either, I was told they wouldn’t carry any until Springfield gets the issue resolved. I don’t do online purchases, I want to see and handle the gun personally, plus right now places know there hard to find so they Jack up the price. Guess it’s going to be a wait and see thing.

Correction: there are 12 more on GB for a total of 21 right now. I didn't go thru all the pages.

Back