testtest

Springfield Saint Jamming

I have a Springfield Saint AR-15 that keeps jamming. It jams so bad I have to have a gunsmith unjam it.
Attached is a picture of what the bullet looks like when I get it out.
The gun was professionally cleaned & it jammed after only 10 rounds.

Does anyone know how to fix the gun or a good gunsmith that might fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• F608AF98-73E6-4E17-938E-574771551A18.jpeg
    F608AF98-73E6-4E17-938E-574771551A18.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 361
I have a Springfield Saint AR-15 that keeps jamming. It jams so bad I have to have a gunsmith unjam it.

Thanks
Did you load that same round into the mag after it jammed?

The 2 dents seem kinda strange on the same round I've seen a BCG cause a single dent on a failure to feed but not 2.

What brand of ammo are you using? Are those reloads?

How old is the mag you are using? And if it is used, have you kept it fully loaded for long periods of time?
I would start with the mag by trying another one. If the problem persist, I would change ammo. If problem persist, throw a different bolt carrier group in it, if problem persist send it in to SA they are fantastic with warranty.

Have you tried loading one round at a time in your mag? Also how are you charging your rifle? The charging handle or the bolt release? When it gets “stuck” do you have a picture of the round through the ejection port? Pmags are usually very good mags and are recommended, at least for me as quality mags. You could most definitely try different mags and try to recreate the problem. Looks like geeen tip/Lake city Ammo. (M855)

Thanks
I have the same problem. Mine will not fire .223 without jamming every other round

I have the same problem. Mine will not fire .223 without jamming every other round
Yep - new BMA here. 5.56 goes through fine. Get mean FTFs, double feeds, some FTEs on all 223 I've tried so far. I'm putting a few hundred 5.56 through it and we will see if that kicks it loose along with a clean and lube job. If it still won't take decent 223 then it's headed for gun broker and I'll get an M&P or AR556. Too many AR brands out there to put up with this.

How old is the mag you are using? And if it is used, have you kept it fully loaded for long periods of time?
I would start with the mag by trying another one. If the problem persist, I would change ammo. If problem persist, throw a different bolt carrier group in it, if problem persist send it in to SA they are fantastic with warranty.
I understand this is a very old thread and we haven’t heard back from the OP to see if his problem was fixed my concern is suggesting to just
“Throw another BCG in the gun” is a bad idea in case the gun owner is very new to firearms. Head space needs to confirmed to avoid what could be
(on the extreme) catastrophe results.

I was having this exact problem with my PDW. I found that the lug was out of spec. The first round would go in fine, but the lug was damaging the second round which would cause it to jam in the chamber. Springfield ended up replacing the entire BCG and I haven't had a problem since.

I understand this is a very old thread and we haven’t heard back from the OP to see if his problem was fixed my concern is suggesting to just
“Throw another BCG in the gun” is a bad idea in case the gun owner is very new to firearms. Head space needs to confirmed to avoid what could be

With the AR15 family headspace is pretty standardized between quality BCGs and barrels compared to other firearms like bolt guns where headspace needs to be double-checked when changing bolts & barrels.

I've never had any issues when building ARs and using different BCG with different barrels.

Last edited:
Looks like the same cartridge dent (1) that was on the first round that chambered after removing a Hornady Rapid Rack device from my St. Vic. Don’t recall now if the PMag was filled to capacity (rather than 2 less) but since it jammed the casing twice on reload, I felt the Rapid Rack wasn’t ideal and no longer use it for anything more than a range safe chamber device as it may have impeded the feed delivery of the new round into the chamber as it sat (maybe askew?) in the pmag.

None of my "Budget", beater heaters with those "inferior" BCA uppers have ever jammed. And I've swapped BCGs around in them with no issues. Of course I pretty much have only ever used IWI or Lake City 5.56. I did shoot a mag of some junk, Russian steel crap out of my Witch Doctor ( Adams Arms V.I.). It ran it fine. One of my BCAs is a .223 Wylde, which I have never shot .223 out of, but which I totally plan on getting a box of some match grade heavy ( 78 grain or something) .223 and running it out to see how it affects accuracy. With the M193 and M855 it shoots very accurately at 200 yards. I never measured but I'd guess 1.5" groups from a bench rest.

I also don't think there's a problem leaving a P Mag fully loaded. I've never had one anyhow.

Then again my illustrious career with AR's is only like in it's second year now. I do tend to shoot a hell of a lot though.

Would have been nice if the OP had answered some of the questions he was asked regarding ammo.

Armed forces around the world leave mags loaded and swap parts as needed in the field.
They’re not precision ultra fine machines.
They’ll handle just fine with proper machined parts.
They fail when the manufacturers make inferior product parts

I have never ever in my many years of working on these firearms have had a bolt carrier group that is in serviceable condition create a headspace issue. Let alone a catastrophic result or failure. As any quality manufacturer's of BCG's have a high standard of quality control, this scenario is highly unlikely. If it would be a headspace issue in the neck of the chamber and catastrophic results were a highly possible, it would have had a catastrophic failure with the current headspace issue with the current bolt carrier group. This was not reported as such. In my experience we have swapped out hundreds of them in the military. After a deployment, we would disassemble them and drop our parts in a solvent ben. After cleaning them we would reassemble them with whatever we grabbed first with zero issues.

Back