testtest

Springfield Saint Victor 7.5 w/suppressor?

I have a SA Saint Victor in .300 BLK with the OEM 9" barrel.

I use a Banish 30 suppressor from Silencer Central. I followed their mounting instructions for replacing the flash hider with their mounting adapter, and at this point am only shooting suppressed. Once the adj gas block was dialed in, I've had 300 rounds fired downrange with no malfunctions.

It's very quiet. Standing 10-15 feet from a Shooter, I can really only hear the action cycle.

So, just an update and a word of warning to anyone headed down this path. I ended up getting a Saker ASR 556k from Silencerco. I went this route because the Saker is designed for short barrel applications and is nearly indestructible. However, the Saker Charlie mount requires a 1/2 28 thread pitch rather than the 5/8 24 pitch that the JMAC extender provides.

So, I bought a 1/2 28 to 1/2 28 barrel extender from KAW Tactical. After 16 rounds, the KAW Tactical extender ruptured catastrophically. Thankfully the Saker and the Rifle are both ok. But rather than going down the barrel extender route again, I have ordered a 10.5 barrel from Faxon Firearms to get out past the handguard. I'm not thrilled about going from 7.5 to 10.5, but considering the 1" extender, it's really only a 2" increase.

Here's a shot before everything went south:
saker.jpg

And the ruptured extender:

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
So, just an update and a word of warning to anyone headed down this path. I ended up getting a Saker ASR 556k from Silencerco. I went this route because the Saker is designed for short barrel applications and is nearly indestructible. However, the Saker Charlie mount requires a 1/2 28 thread pitch rather than the 5/8 24 pitch that the JMAC extender provides.

So, I bought a 1/2 28 to 1/2 28 barrel extender from KAW Tactical. After 16 rounds, the KAW Tactical extender ruptured catastrophically. Thankfully the Saker and the Rifle are both ok. But rather than going down the barrel extender route again, I have ordered a 10.5 barrel from Faxon Firearms to get out past the handguard. I'm not thrilled about going from 7.5 to 10.5, but considering the 1" extender, it's really only a 2" increase.

Here's a shot before everything went south:
View attachment 56395

And the ruptured extender:
nice looking rifle. glad you are able to work it out. I have several stamped SBR's at 10.5 suppressed and really like the length.

nice looking rifle. glad you are able to work it out. I have several stamped SBR's at 10.5 suppressed and really like the length.
That's good to hear. There is certainly some suppression and ballistic benefit to the longer length. I'm just disappointed that this configuration didn't work. On the bright side, the Saker was awesome before the failure. I'm looking forward to getting more time with it.

Back