testtest

Springfield Saint Victor 7.5 w/suppressor?

I depends on the range.

I’ve shot suppressed on both indoor and outdoor with my ears off—when I was the only one shooting.

We won’t talk about shooting squirrels in my backyard with a suppressed .22; that would have been against city ordnance, so therefore it never happened...;)
1602525856004.jpeg

Understand but I was referring to range rules.

Fortunately, I mainly shoot at ranges where common sense applies.

On fact,the indoor range where I shot with ears off, the “RO” walked up after I fired a mag through a rental Maxim 9 (integrally suppressed 9mm pistol) and asked if I’d like a box of subsonics instead of the usual 115gr range fodder...

I said “Yes, please!”....

Just bought a Saint Victor 5.56 pistol. I'm not finding many solutions online that do not require replacing the stock handguard...Which I do not want to do.
Do you know of any suppressors that do not require replacing the handguard? Links please?
Thanks!

Just bought a Saint Victor 5.56 pistol. I'm not finding many solutions online that do not require replacing the stock handguard...Which I do not want to do.
Do you know of any suppressors that do not require replacing the handguard? Links please?
Thanks!
I have not gotten a suppressor for my Victory 5.56 7.5" yet. But I've looked into it. I think what I am going to do is use a thread adaptor to go from 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 and get a suppressor rated for a 30cal rifle. Part of the reason I'm considering that is because I also have a .300 BLK upper and part of the reason is so that I can keep my current handguard. I just really like the look and feel of the thin guard. Here is a link to what I am talking about - and it's cheap...

I have not gotten a suppressor for my Victory 5.56 7.5" yet. But I've looked into it. I think what I am going to do is use a thread adaptor to go from 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 and get a suppressor rated for a 30cal rifle. Part of the reason I'm considering that is because I also have a .300 BLK upper and part of the reason is so that I can keep my current handguard. I just really like the look and feel of the thin guard. Here is a link to what I am talking about - and it's cheap...

You’ll probably need an adjustable BCG for the suppressed gas blowback.

i used a Bootleg Adjustable BCG for my 10.5” SBR suppressed. Worked flawless.
Can adjust without taking BcG out. Flat head Screw notch on side of bolt at ejection port side. Switch from unsuppressed to suppressed with a screwdriver on one turn and away you go.

edit: here is a pic. Notice the S & U on the side of the bolt and the flat head notch to adjust. Super simple

8D34578D-3F89-4ECE-9D16-C28707F4A7F9.jpeg

Thanks for this. With this adapter would it clear the hand guard on the Victor 5.56 pistol to allow the suppressor on it? Thanks!

You’ll probably need an adjustable BCG for the suppressed gas blowback.

i used a Bootleg Adjustable BCG for my 10.5” SBR suppressed. Worked flawless.
Can adjust without taking BcG out. Flat head Screw notch on side of bolt at ejection port side. Switch from unsuppressed to suppressed with a screwdriver on one turn and away you go.

edit: here is a pic. Notice the S & U on the side of the bolt and the flat head notch to adjust. Super simple

View attachment 19272

Thanks. This is necessary because a suppressor could damage this part and somehow this piece mitigates that risk? (obviously Im in the learning phase...)

Lastly would the same one fit on my Victor 5.56 pistol which is 7.5 inch, I know you stated yours was 10.5 inch. This one here?
https://bootleginc.com/product/full-auto-adjustable-carrier/

Last edited:
Thanks for this. With this adapter would it clear the hand guard on the Victor 5.56 pistol to allow the suppressor on it? Thanks!
It should. I emailed KNS a while back about it and they said it adds 1.55” from the shoulder of the barrel, so it should not be a problem. And the outside diameter of the adapter should fit under the handguard.

It should. I emailed KNS a while back about it and they said it adds 1.55” from the shoulder of the barrel, so it should not be a problem. And the outside diameter of the adapter should fit under the handguard.
Awesome thanks, I think I'll go this route along with what @KillerFord1977 stated about the adjustable BCG, @uspatriot1960 you agree this is needed to add a suppressor?

Also, after I add the adapter, do I need to add a muzzle break attachment with the suppressor or just the suppressor? Do you have any specific links you can share? Thank you

I don’t know about the adjustable BCG. This was the first time I ever heard of it.

In terms of a muzzle brake, you wouldn’t need one if you are using the suppressor. But if you took it off, you’d probably want one. No links right now, but there are combos you can get that would have some type of muzzle brake with a quick attach fitting for the suppressor. That way you can easily take off the suppressor and have the muzzle brake stay on at all time. Don’t have time to look into it now, but it’s pretty easy to do a search for such a combination.

Thanks. This is necessary because a suppressor could damage this part and somehow this piece mitigates that risk? (obviously Im in the learning phase...)

Lastly would the same one fit on my Victor 5.56 pistol which is 7.5 inch, I know you stated yours was 10.5 inch. This one here?
Failure to function, not risk of breakage.

an adjustable gas block or adjustable bolt carrier are usually needed for shorter barrels due to back pressure of the gases not burned off resulting in the bolt not cycling for the next round.

my 16” barrel Saint AR15 runs a suppressor with no modifications. Straight as is from SA. Runs perfect.

my 10.5” barrel AR15 needed the adjustable bolt carrier as it cycled one round and failed to feed successive rounds due to the gas blowback on the bcg.
Every rifle is different, but majority of the time it is easier to fix the bcg (plug n play) rather than tinker with an adjustable gas block as still have cycling issues.

Yes, that is the bootleg I have.

it will run on any standard AR15 . Just pull the old bcg out and slip that one right in. With some lube of course 😉

it has run fine on all my Anderson, ruger and Springfield builds with no issues. I even interchanged it when I decided not to run one of the rifles suppressed and slapped it into a new gun

Failure to function, not risk of breakage.

an adjustable gas block or adjustable bolt carrier are usually needed for shorter barrels due to back pressure of the gases not burned off resulting in the bolt not cycling for the next round.

my 16” barrel Saint AR15 runs a suppressor with no modifications. Straight as is from SA. Runs perfect.

my 10.5” barrel AR15 needed the adjustable bolt carrier as it cycled one round and failed to feed successive rounds due to the gas blowback on the bcg.
Every rifle is different, but majority of the time it is easier to fix the bcg (plug n play) rather than tinker with an adjustable gas block as still have cycling issues.
Great thanks for sharing the knowledge. Will probably have to buy then and maybe sell the original somewhere online to get some of my money back.

Keep it for another AR down the road. Never know when you get the urge to tinker down the line

Great point.
I bought the adapter and the Bootleg BCG, I then go to buy the silencer and realize they need it delivered to a gun store, call them to find out it will take 10-12 months possibly to have it in my possession. WTF!

That totally took me by surprise, very disappointing.

Great point.
I bought the adapter and the Bootleg BCG, I then go to buy the silencer and realize they need it delivered to a gun store, call them to find out it will take 10-12 months possibly to have it in my possession. WTF!

That totally took me by surprise, very disappointing.
ATF Form 1 permit
Build you own suppressor

“Quietbore” company

send in form 1 request to ATF
Get approved
Buy suppressor parts from quietbore
Make your own suppressor
Usually 30-45 day turn around time
And legal by going thru the ATF for the permits

Simplified version, but Form 1 is the way to go

Back