testtest

Stay outta Austin...

ex13F

Master Class
...at least that's what it seems like to me? I doubt this could have happened anywhere else in Texas? Hope this gets an appeal in a different county and is overturned.

Guillermo Gonzalez, prosecuting, said Perry's posts on social media showed he was vehemently opposed to protesters.

Perry also said that in Texas you could get away with shooting them.

Perry's phone showed he was texting a woman shortly before the 9:51pm encounter with Foster.

The woman he wanted to meet up with sent him a text asking for money, said Gonzalez.

'This is an age-old story about a man who couldn't keep his anger under control,' said Gonzalez.

Just how much of this is true, I don't know. And while this is total bs that he was convicted, I think it is a crystal clear reminder that we need to watch what we post on social media and forums. We also need to always have situational awareness. Not just of our surroundings, but of what is going on in the news and in our community.

Last edited:
So, he shot someone open-carrying an AK.

He claims that the other guy raised the AK; witnesses—plural—say that isn’t true.

What makes you believe him over them?

Flip the story—a BLM member got hung up in an Oaf Keepers/Twee % protest while driving his Uber; ends up shooting one claiming self defense…witnesses say it wasn’t the way it happened. Shooter has similar posts on social media…

Would you believe him? If not, why? Exact same situation, just people you are biased for/against on the opposite side.

The state argued Perry sped into the crowd, but that was disputed by the defense's expert witnesses who used science and data to track the speed of his car. The expert testified he was slowing down when his car entered the demonstration.

Doug O'Connell, defending Perry, said prosecutors wanted the jury 'to believe (Perry) had this evil plan when he turned right.'

'The protesters didn't know anything about Perry when they attacked the car and boxed it in,' he said.

'And Daniel had no choice, and that could have happened to anyone.'

O'Connell argued that Foster was dressed for battle at the protest, including wearing a neoprene vest under his T-shirt and carrying an AK-47, a club and a knife.

Perry was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

'Garrett Foster is dressed for war,' O'Connell said.

'Daniel Perry is dressed for the beach.'

Masaad Ayoob participates on a couple of gun forums. I mentioned that because I'm not sure if I'm about to quote an article he wrote or a forum post.

He said that these days if you're involved in a shooting like this it is very common for them to subpoena your online presence. They'll get your usernames they'll get your passwords. If you hold out or lie apparently they'll charge you with withholding evidence or perjury.

The point he was trying to make was that you do not want (really even one) a bunch of posts all over the internet saying things that can give any kind of impression of premeditation.

To me THAT is the take away from this story

I seen the original video from a while back and that guy did point the AK at him. it was taken by someone close. but that video is long gone and i'm sure was not permitted to be shown to the jury. if one of the witnesses said he did not point it at him, they lied.

but i agree don't go looking for trouble, most times you find it.

Maybe the guy was looking for trouble, but maybe not. I got caught in something kind of similar several years ago, and I was not looking for trouble — just trying to get home from work. Fortunately, I was able to drive over a curbed median and get turned around. If videos were suppressed, they need to come out.

I seen the original video from a while back and that guy did point the AK at him. it was taken by someone close. but that video is long gone and i'm sure was not permitted to be shown to the jury. if one of the witnesses said he did not point it at him, they lied.

but i agree don't go looking for trouble, most times you find it.
sort of like the capitol footage of the capitol police OPENING the hardened security doors that only open OUT and lock automatically...
the left will bury and hide
but i watched it LIVE in cspan and have it dvrd

Multiple liers don't make it the truth when based upon statements. I've delt with that at 1st hand. Make all whom give statements a lie test! My neighbors lie so much they'd probably pass it. If you put yourself in the situation you should be at fault, unless you're going to help family. Friends don't count! The 1st 1 to point a firearm directly at you is cause for defense to defend regardless of a shot being fired. LEO's are excluded. More later.

I have no desire to ever go back to Austin or through Austin for that matter. I have a nephew who lives just north of Austin and he avoids going into the city whenever possible. I'm a small town guy and I can find almost anything I need in a small town and not have to deal with traffic or crowds...:)

Anytime a group of people get together to protest, there will be a possibility that some of those who attend will not be peaceful, especially at night when it is harder to see and make a positive id of people destroying others' property.

I have worked security in events in Texas and Arkansas. God bless the people who have to provide security and medical care at events and protests, it's a tough job.

I read and reread EVERY post I write on here and on Facebook. Many times I have deleted a potential post because I considered that someone might misunderstand what I wrote.

Kumbuya and peace....but vote out those who do not prosecute violators of the law. Race, political affiliation, etc, should never be a deciding factor to prosecute anyone who has committed a crime.

What crime did the witnesses commit, exactly?
They lied under oath, i seen the video when it first happened, been a couple years ago and he raised the gun up and pointed it at him, was no mistaking. this was taken from close range. i remember saying well he won't serve any time. how wrong i was. i looked for it this morning and it is gone.

Whoever made it took it down or was threatened to remove it, either way it is gone and the witness told a big lie if he said he didn't point it at him.

Back