testtest

Swapping saint pistol to 300 blackout

Wondering if anyone has changed there saint pistol to 300 blackout. I have the 7.5" and dropped in an odin works 8" 300 blackout barrel. I am building a 10.5 556 upper which is why I want the 300. The problem is the headspace is short with the saint bolt. Using clymer go gauge. Unfortunately it's the only bolt I have right now as the one I ordered from psa I had to send back because they sent the wrong one. My question after all that rambling is about whether the bolt on the saint is mil spec or if springfield does anything goofy with there bcg barrel combinations that would cause headspace issues with different barrels and bolts. Thanks for any info

I have the Saint Victor pistol. I bought a .300 blackout upper from another manufacturer and have been using the original SA bolt I got with my pistol. I’ll haven’t measured the headspace, but my .300 blackout has worked flawlessly with the original SA bolt. Maybe my headspace is off, I don’t know, never even thought about measuring. All I know is it works fine after shooting probably 500 rounds through it. No issues whatsoever...

Sounds like the barrel isn't seating deep enough.

I haven't run into any issues myself with using a standard 5.56 bcg in a .300 build.

Odin works makes good stuff but you can never rule out a QC problem with any products.

Are you using a high temp firearm grease between the barrel and receiver? This can help seat the barrel deeper.

Are you using a anti seize on the receiver threads? You should put a decent amount on the threads to help properly torque the barrel nut and reduce friction.

Also you should torque the nut to spec then release it. Repeat this 3 times for proper fitment.

Take a 300bo cartridge and drop it in the barrel while uninstalled and see if it protrudes to much into the barrel extension. The extension might not be correctly installed on on the barrel for headspace? Milspec shouldn't have anything to do with headspace! Which barrel are you having issues with?

I have had to shim only 1 barrel out of 53 uppers built which includes AR10s and 15s. Also while the barrel is out put a round in the chamber then with the bcg see if the lugs will lock. 10mm has good points also!

Sounds like the barrel isn't seating deep enough.

I haven't run into any issues myself with using a standard 5.56 bcg in a .300 build.

Odin works makes good stuff but you can never rule out a QC problem with any products.

Are you using a high temp firearm grease between the barrel and receiver? This can help seat the barrel deeper.

Are you using a anti seize on the receiver threads? You should put a decent amount on the threads to help properly torque the barrel nut and reduce friction.

Also you should torque the nut to spec then release it. Repeat this 3 times for proper fitment.
I was checking it without barrel installed. But yes I'm using aroeshell on barrel nut threads and inside receiver where barrel mates.

Take a 300bo cartridge and drop it in the barrel while uninstalled and see if it protrudes to much into the barrel extension. The extension might not be correctly installed on on the barrel for headspace? Milspec shouldn't have anything to do with headspace! Which barrel are you having issues with?
The odin works barrel with the springfield bolt is the combination failing to close on go gauge

So the bolt closes on round and can rotate (I took out firing pin) But that's only one round from one manufacturer. Hard to tell just by looking if the round protrudes too much. I tried taking pic but u can't see anything. I appreciate the advice. Ill check with another bolt and see if it passes.

The odin works barrel with the springfield bolt is the combination failing to close on go gauge
I have 2 Odin barrels and 2 bcg from them in a 6.5grendel and it headspaced tighter than any other I've done. The bolt would close with help, but after 50 rounds it worked great. I had a gunsmith's advice on it and he double checked it. If you have a caliper check the bolt depth against your case rim thickness. I watched a video on youtube with a very good explanation on headspacing. I'll try and check search history and find it?

I have 2 Odin barrels and 2 bcg from them in a 6.5grendel and it headspaced tighter than any other I've done. The bolt would close with help, but after 50 rounds it worked great. I had a gunsmith's advice on it and he double checked it. If you have a caliper check the bolt depth against your case rim thickness. I watched a video on youtube with a very good explanation on headspacing. I'll try and check search history and find it?
Ok thanks. I'm going to try and run a mag through it tomorrow. Just a note to anyone who looks at this thread down the line the pin will come out of the gas block just keep trying. I almost gave up but finally got it out. She looks good though

Attachments

• 16090325636082515661644231196239.jpg
    16090325636082515661644231196239.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 226
I just completed this AR-9 build using a Odin Works 7.5in 9mm barrel and I took it to the range tonight to test fire. I put the entire 34 rounds though it without a hiccup while firing slow and rapid.

This is a stout little gun and it's about 3in shorter then my Scorpion EVO with the Scorpion's brace extended.
20201224_145550.jpg

I just completed this AR-9 build using a Odin Works 7.5in 9mm barrel and I took it to the range tonight to test fire. I put the entire 34 rounds though it without a hiccup while firing slow and rapid.

This is a stout little gun and it's about 3in shorter then my Scorpion EVO with the Scorpion's brace extended.
View attachment 13348
Would love something like that in 10mm. Not a lot of options though besides a kriss or banshee

Would love something like that in 10mm. Not a lot of options though besides a kriss or banshee
I was originally intending to build an AR 10mm but the parts are non existent currently so I went 9mm.

The upper supports 9mm, 45acp, & 10mm

I was originally intending to build an AR 10mm but the parts are non existent currently so I went 9mm.

The upper supports 9mm, 45acp, & 10mm
Since the bcg for a 10mm and 40s&w are the same it does make that part harder to find. Barrels are a little easier though or at least have been?

Since the bcg for a 10mm and 40s&w are the same it does make that part harder to find. Barrels are a little easier though or at least have been?
Agreed!

A dedicated 45acp / 10mm lower to build off of is almost impossible to find right now. The Spikes AR-9 I picked up was tough enough to find in this market but I was able to get this at a local shop.

It would be nice if they made a micro conversion kit for the Glock 40. It would make this monstrosity more practical
You could but the trigger most likely wont reset half the time due to the bcg doesn't have enough metal on the bottom. CMC has an updated trigger for the AR style pcc that fixes the problem. There are pcc mags that adapt or convert for it, but expansive! I've seen them for 100 to 200 dollars.

Back