testtest

Taurus G3C

Thanks Bet. Watched the video and read some of the thread. Like the fact that Glock sights are interchangeable. Would probably swap those for tritium fairly quickly. Second strike capability would be good for the kids to practice with a laser cartridge.

Ended up calling my not so local LCS to find out what the deal was with these. They said they had way to many in stock and wanted to reduce the inventory to make room for others.
No problem Jmcd, good luck if/when you purchase. (y)

I have a problem passing up deals, so I have a G2C and a G3C. I've never had any problems with either one, and the only thing I might knock the guns for is that the trigger breaks a little too far back for my taste. I'm a little surprised to hear that people on the forum have had so many issues with the G3C because I frequently see them being fired at the range without complaint.

The best description that I can offer is that the G3C is a great choice for a new shooter on a budget. If you already own other polymer-framed semi-autos, you will probably like what you already have more than you will like the G3C. The G3C may also serve as a decent truck gun, or extra gun to use when training friends and family members. The G3C probably won't replace any of your more expensive guns, but mine have served as reliable, inexpensive training tools.

I have a problem passing up deals, so I have a G2C and a G3C. I've never had any problems with either one, and the only thing I might knock the guns for is that the trigger breaks a little too far back for my taste. I'm a little surprised to hear that people on the forum have had so many issues with the G3C because I frequently see them being fired at the range without complaint.

The best description that I can offer is that the G3C is a great choice for a new shooter on a budget. If you already own other polymer-framed semi-autos, you will probably like what you already have more than you will like the G3C. The G3C may also serve as a decent truck gun, or extra gun to use when training friends and family members. The G3C probably won't replace any of your more expensive guns, but mine have served as reliable, inexpensive training tools.
Thank you!

i had one, got it for $279.99 new, (i think the LGS was running an introductionary sale, ). i liked it, worked great. but then the Hellcat came along, so the Taurus went away.

what i DID NOT like was the slide take down. much like a Glock, VERY difficult for these old fingers to grip, for field stripping. but at least with Glock, you can buy extended controls., the Taurus i could not. i even went to a website, specific to the Taurus brand, bought what THEY advertised as an extended control, but it was not. emailed them, they refunded my money, told me to keep the part (about $16.00). so it was very easy for me to get rid of my Taurus, G3c

otherwise, if YOUR fingers can easily grip that slide take down, then go for it.

Last edited:
That is a good deal, especially with a holster thrown in.

Have a G2c and have experienced literally no issues with the pistol. Did replace the guide rod/spring just because I feel better with metal. Trigger is long on the initial pull, but quite acceptable for me in SA. Ability to double strike a round is a nice feature that I wish every gun had. It's accurate enough for a gun with a 3 inch-ish barrel.

Sure, it lacks the bells and whistles that some more expensive guns offer, but at this price point it's a good value. I agree that it's definitely a good choice for a truck gun or something to have which you won't be heartbroken should a bad fate befall it.

There are plenty of people who want to disparage every gun they don't own, often based on what they have been told by someone else. I have seen reviews of the G series which highly recommend it, so I wouldn't think there is consensus that it's a bad piece.

I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new Taurus G3C9ET with the 3 mags (10 rounders for me) and a Blackhawk IWB for about $235. Deal? No Deal? Are they any good? I've heard stories good and bad. Probably not something I would carry, but would certainly bring to the range. Thoughts?
EDB4EF93-D458-4148-B886-BBE45A0BDC0B.gif

Fixed it for you…
;)
Lol, actually , from what I have seen of them around our range they work well enough that I would not trust putting them in the hands of a potential enemy.

I would put what I have seen above Hi point, Jennings, Raven, and RG and perhaps below most Eaa offerings and definitely below all Bersas i have shot reliability, accuracy and shootabilty wise.

Something I might give to someone so they could get themselves out of a jam and not feel a great sense of loss.

I went this afternoon and guess what? Sold out. Found out they had 50 of the FDE color and they sold out in 2 hours this morning. I asked if they had any of the black color and he brought one over from the display case. He said they have more out back. The pistol had a $360 tag on it. I said that would be fine but it was a far cry from what they were advertising yesterday so they would have to work on the price. Got it for $229 and they gave me a $9 discount for paying cash. $220. Couldn't believe it. I have never bought a gun for that price.

Thinking that my wallet didn't feel beat up enough, I also bought a S&W Victory.
Will clean both and take a trip to the range soon.

At this rate, in another 100 years, I may catch up to @BET7 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I went this afternoon and guess what? Sold out. Found out they had 50 of the FDE color and they sold out in 2 hours this morning. I asked if they had any of the black color and he brought one over from the display case. He said they have more out back. The pistol had a $360 tag on it. I said that would be fine but it was a far cry from what they were advertising yesterday so they would have to work on the price. Got it for $229 and they gave me a $9 discount for paying cash. $220. Couldn't believe it. I have never bought a gun for that price.

Thinking that my wallet didn't feel beat up enough, I also bought a S&W Victory.

E6A88A70-7D0B-4ECF-889D-F3D549A81E4C.gif

Do what @10mmLife does & buy a bunch of Yeet Cannons. That's his method of trying to match me. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of S&W Victory, I just took that and 2 Ruger Mark IV pistols to the range. I like the sights on the Victory, but did have a few Fail to Ejects with it, more so than the two Rugers which also had some. The Rugers were cleaned before going, the Victory not, but it ran well for the most part.

Today I swapped out the stock sights on the Taurus with a set of tritium's. Of course the front sight didnt want to tighten down so had to do a little fiing. All good now. Even though at this time I am not planning on carrying it, I always like them to be ready to go. For now, it still has to earn my trust.

I finally got to take the G3C to the range tonight. No problems so I was pleased with that. Not a fan of the trigger. The take up (to me anyway) seems a bit excessive. I'm sure it is something I could get use to. It will certainly be traveling to the range with me.

I finally got to take the G3C to the range tonight. No problems so I was pleased with that. Not a fan of the trigger. The take up (to me anyway) seems a bit excessive. I'm sure it is something I could get use to. It will certainly be traveling to the range with me.
Good to hear, trigger may get better with some use

Good to hear, trigger may get better with some use
Good to know. I'll keep at it for sure. On another note, also took the new Victory with us. My son shot 10 rounds and pulled the target in. I could hear him say what the hell? (he was in the lane next to me.) Sent the target back down. Another 10 rounds, brought the target back in and I hear hey dad.... Not one mark on the target. Of course I had to give him a hard time and say "hey great, now we can reuse the target." Sent the target down taped to a big piece of cardboard and had him try it again. Nice tight pattern dead center about a foot high. I'm thinking they clearly didn't try to sight this one in or the elevation screw was moving around in transit. I didn't have my little tool kit with me so we will have to sight that one in next time.

Yeah, I've owned several Taurus G series pistols over the years. Also owned Sigs, Glocks, Rugers, Caniks, CZs. I'd never had an issue with any of them.

Recently purchased a G3 TORO, and man, right out of the box major issues. Sent it to Taurus, and their turn around time was quick, but they didn't actually do anything. Claimed they adjusted the trigger bar. First gun I've ever had to send. I wasn't satisfied with their" repair", so I decided to work on it myself. Ran much much better last trip out after I worked on it.

However, my most recent G3C, is at 600 rounds now, probably 100 of that being a couple different JHPs, and she's running well.

I had never gotten a lemon from Taurus until recently, and I was always white knighting for them. I still love the guns, but I'll also tell my not good story, too.

The trigger will smooth out a bit with time, like Glocks or any other guns really. Surfaces need time to burnish into each other. Trigger does take getting used to, and the G3Cs do shoot a real combat sight picture. Almost seems to shoot low at first. Put the front dot ON what you want to hit.

Still, decent guns.

Back