testtest

Thanksgiving Day TV & movies

I had a friend who was proud to say he's "FBI", Full Blooded Italian. We both worked for AT&T and worked together via phone/computer for several years. He was in New Jersey and claimed to be related but not a member of the Gotti family. I was always amused, never believing a word he said until the day it broke on national news that John Gotti was dying from cancer. When I heard that news on national tv, I realized this friend/co-worker told me this a couple of months earlier and I blew it off as a "tall tale".

Anyways, one day I asked him who his favorite football team was, New England, I suspected. Nope. He said he doesn't pay attention to any sports. I asked him why and he said; We Italians have a saying here; "One player, one coach, one referee."

It took a few seconds for what he said to sink in, then I was like, wow! Afterward, I started not paying so much attention to my favorite team, but watching to see if I noticed at any point in any game, someone who might be highly suspect of having been paid off. I guess I ruined sports for myself because, I too, now say; One player, one coach, one referee.

Think about it. When was the last time you saw a player make a grade school mistake, or a coach who sends in a ridiculous play, or a referee who seemingly must be blind?! Sports, be it football, baseball, basketball or whatever, all want you to think what you see is real. Now who does that sound like? Yep, the media!

Thanks. Its been good so far very mild, can hardly tell. Hardest part is saying away from the girlfriend so she dosen't catch it, she has health problems, waiting for her results, so far no symptoms for her but we both been staying home (no work).

Three neighbors across the street had it earlier this month & the end of Oct.

All bounced back but with some fatigue after-effects.

Back