testtest

The Facts About New York’s Ammunition Law

starting Jan 1st, 2023, my state (RI) will require a "Blue Card" to buy ammo. it's the same blue card, a person needs to buy a firearm, unless one (like me) has a CCW.

they are to also document caliber, amount purchased and name, address and age. (as of now, no background check is required)

so it ain't just NY anymore.

Connecticut did this same thing years ago. From what my ex-wife tells me is near impossible to get enough ammunition to train let alone have for anything else and she works for the local police department.
Is that because it created a shortage of ammo, raised the price, or they actually force rationing ammo on people?

In MD, nothing on ammo, but I had to take my 80% frame pistols I built myself to a laser engraver and have a serial number engraved on them or become a criminal in Mar 2023. Yes, they made it retro-active, anyone in the state that owns a Privately Made Firearm (PMF) must get engraved with a serial number assigned by an FFL and register it by the deadline, no matter how long you owned it before they passed the law.

No ammo restrictions here in Georgia. Buy as much as you want, no questions asked, no documentation required. I find it inconceivable that you would need paperwork to buy ammo. That’s just crazy…
Agreed. It's ludicrous.
yes, yes it is ludacris...here in the North East.

the anti 2 A crowd are relentless.

they only have to be successful ONCE, then things snowball.

we pro 2A have to win each and every time.

and no, as simple as it is to say, "get the hell out of there".....not all of us can pack up, get up and leave.

simply too many variables to do so.

so THIS election, we have a few Republicans running for various offices.

my fingers are crossed for a major upset.

but this area, being Democratic..??

i can't hold my breath

yes, yes it is ludacris...here in the North East.

the anti 2 A crowd are relentless.

they only have to be successful ONCE, then things snowball.

we pro 2A have to win each and every time.

and no, as simple as it is to say, "get the hell out of there".....not all of us can pack up, get up and leave.

simply too many variables to do so.

so THIS election, we have a few Republicans running for various offices.

my fingers are crossed for a major upset.

but this area, being Democratic..??

i can't hold my breath
Well, it’s all about priorities my friend. For most people it’s hard to justify upending your entire life over something like gun laws. And it’s also worth pointing out that your cause is better served by you staying and putting your effort into getting the right people elected there. I saw a study that pointed out there is a large number of conservative gun owners who don’t vote or participate in the governmental system because of massive distrust of that system and a desire to not be registered or be on any government lists. One estimate for the state of California was over 2 million gun owners who don’t vote.

It’s easy for a guy like me who lives in arguably the most pro 2A state in the country to proselytize about moving out of deep blue states, but it’s short sighted and not very realistic. I do know people who have, for example, moved from Massachusetts to rural Tennessee and have never been happier, but this is not a realistic possibility for most people for a variety of reasons.

Keep up the good fight OM.

Well, it’s all about priorities my friend. For most people it’s hard to justify upending your entire life over something like gun laws. And it’s also worth pointing out that your cause is better served by you staying and putting your effort into getting the right people elected there. I saw a study that pointed out there is a large number of conservative gun owners who don’t vote or participate in the governmental system because of massive distrust of that system and a desire to not be registered or be on any government lists. One estimate for the state of California was over 2 million gun owners who don’t vote.

It’s easy for a guy like me who lives in arguably the most pro 2A state in the country to proselytize about moving out of deep blue states, but it’s short sighted and not very realistic. I do know people who have, for example, moved from Massachusetts to rural Tennessee and have never been happier, but this is not a realistic possibility for most people for a variety of reasons.

Keep up the good fight OM.
that's the thing that irks me the most....people NOT voting or even registering.

yet, they make dang sure they gripe about things.

even if a "mistake in thought" is made at the polls, and the wrong candidate gets in, at least they voted, and had a "say" in how things ought to be.

i don't see any real confidence of any improvement of trusting the system either.

also, more points to be made of relocating, and that is taxes, prices of homes, doctors, hospitals, distances to all necessary locations, etc,etc.

was a time we had several family members move to Florida. needed special care, the doctors/hospitals back then, would recommend going "back north" for that special treatment/help.

kinda costly to keep flying back and forth. so why bother leaving, where everything is..????

but that was years............, decades ago.

i assume Florida has real doctors and hospitals now, over the medicine man and witch doctors, and voo-doo..... :LOL:

Here in Commierado, you're required to be 18 with a valid Drivers License or State Issued ID, to purchase Rimfire or Centerfire Rifle Ammo. 21 years of age for Centerfore Pistol Ammo, though this is unevenly enforced and really relies more on Store Policy, as there is no required log of Ammo purchases.
I've been a Reloader for over 40 years, and I've never been asked for my ID when purchasing components. Only when I've bought online do I get a request for a copy of my DL.
I'm not sure when the 18/21 restriction became Law, but it was in the early 80's that stores like KMART and Walmart began asking for ID. Frankly, I buy most of my Ammo from two different LGS's, and I can't remember the last time either on asked for my ID, as both owners and staff know me on site.
From a Legal perspective, tracking Ammo to a store doesn't solve crime, and I'd love to hear some Libtard claim it does, because it's easily proven it doesn't do that.
So these onerous, capricious and Infringing legal requirements like New York has, have done nothing to prevent crime.
I can see requiring Proof of Age, but beyond that, Ammo Laws like New York's are an Infringement, period.

In MD, nothing on ammo, but I had to take my 80% frame pistols I built myself to a laser engraver and have a serial number engraved on them or become a criminal in Mar 2023. Yes, they made it retro-active, anyone in the state that owns a Privately Made Firearm (PMF) must get engraved with a serial number assigned by an FFL and register it by the deadline, no matter how long you owned it before they passed the law.
I'm so glad we got out of Maryland four years ago! Packed all my guns up in a u-haul and got the hell outa there. It was easier for us than for most folks as we were both retired, although I had to wait there 8 extra years until the wife could retire.

and if i am correct, i cannot cross state lines to buy..>???

as i only have a RI CCW, not a MA..
In Ohio where I live, I can go to WV and buy a long gun and bring it home, handgun, I can buy, but it has to be transferred to my local FFL gun shop then I can take it home from there after I pay the transfer and background check fees

Well I thought we had it bad in California no thanks at least we don’t need a license to buy ammo

In Ohio where I live, I can go to WV and buy a long gun and bring it home, handgun, I can buy, but it has to be transferred to my local FFL gun shop then I can take it home from there after I pay the transfer and background check fees
In the past, I ordered all my ammo from out of state, delivered to my door, So I have beau coup ammo stored. Cali put the kabosh on that. I go to Az right next door where a relative lives she orders it on-line for me. I pick it up when I go visit or buy ammo there. Also buys mags there. It's a pain in the ass, but it's what we gotta do in this libtard world bro. Stay safe.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “The Facts About New York’s Ammunition Law” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/new-yorks-iron-curtain-made-of-lead/.

"I wonder what the database will look like in ten years..."

I wonder more what the people looking at the database will think.

"Hey Bob, look here. This guy has purchased 50,000 rounds of ammo since 2022."
"Holy cow, Dave. He must be one of those gun nuts."
"That's what I was thinking Bob. We better mount up and go pay him a visit."
"I'm with you."
"Don't forget your vest. Oh, and you better bring spare mags too."

It's a truly spooky scenario that isn't as far fetched as we'd like to believe. :unsure:

Back