testtest

Top 5 Hellcat Red Dot Optics

Excellent article! Does the SWAMP optic co-witness with the Hellcat’s sights?
I can speak from personal experience that no it does not. The Swampfox Sentinel will obstruct approximately the bottom 2/3rds of the Hellcat's front sight. IMHO that's unacceptable for a carry gun.

From my research the only optics currently available that will not obstruct the Hellcat's sights are:
- Shield RMSc/SMSc/RMSw
- JPoint
- Sig Romeo 0
- Holosun 407K/507K, but these require milling to remove the rear recoil lugs and shorten the front recoil lugs on the Hellcat OSP to make them fit.

I did find this for the Holosuns, but I have no idea what it does to the sight picture since I don't own one. It's an adapter plate to allow mounting the Holosuns without modifying the slide:

Last edited:

AJS

Alpha
Since I'm "still in line" for my purchase of a Hellcat, I guess I'll wait for the much talked about Spike from ADE Advanced Optics. I would love to get my hands around SA's XDS OSP with CT ready to go, but I'm guessing midyear 2021. Decisions,decisions

I have the Shield RMSc on my Hellcat. No problems so far and, after training with it for a little over 2 months, it gets me on target quickly. I recommend a red dot for everyone, especially those of us "older folks" with "senior vision". It really helps speed and accuracy, especially at distance!

jumpinjoe

Custom
Mine has sported an SMSc for the better part of 7 months, and although I've not been to the range as much/often as I'd like and haven't shot it as much as I'd like, I do really like the sight. I did remount it a little while ago, although it ultimately turned out to not have been necessary.

I felt like it should have a touch of "Loktite" on the screws which I didn't apply on the first go-round. I took it off, cleaned the screws and screw holes, added a little "Loktite" and remounted it. It went right back to the original adjustment with the remount, so it apparently had not moved at all. Anyway, I feel better about it now and love it.

It co-witnesses 100% with the 'Ball in the bucket' factory iron sights and since I do a considerable amount of in-house dry fire practice, I can find the dot and have it on target PDQ.

I can speak from personal experience that no it does not. The Swampfox Sentinel will obstruct approximately the bottom 2/3rds of the Hellcat's front sight. IMHO that's unacceptable for a carry gun.

From my research the only optics currently available that will not obstruct the Hellcat's sights are:
- Shield RMSc/SMSc/RMSw
- JPoint
- Sig Romeo 0
- Holosun 407K/507K, but these require milling to remove the rear recoil lugs and shorten the front recoil lugs on the Hellcat OSP to make them fit.

I did find this for the Holosuns, but I have no idea what it does to the sight picture since I don't own one. It's an adapter plate to allow mounting the Holosuns without modifying the slide:
I've heard people say that the Sig Romeo 0 does NOT co-witness, that it is 2/3 blocked like the Swampfox.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

Alpha
Founding Member
There's a correction you might want to make to the article - Trijicon makes two Hellcat models. One for the regular slide that uses the rear sight dovetail and another for the OSP that requires an adapter plate to use the optics mount. I haven't used or seen either version, but did want to put that out there.