testtest

TruGlo Tritium XD Sights

I watched the video, and I definitely heard that the Tru Glo’s will fit any XD. I have considered them for my XDe, so my question....will these fit my XDe with the 3.3 barrel, 9mm? Good video, and I liked the way he used them in several lighting conditions.
Yes they will fit, as long as the sights are marked Springfield XD.

I have the TruGlo Tritium Pro sights on my M&P Shield 9mm and my M&P Bodyguard 380 for 4+ years now. No need to put them on my Hellcat OSP as the stock front sight is a tritium dot with a luminescent ring plus I'm adding a Shield RMSc red dot soon. They are great sights and I highly recommend them. For the inexperienced and those who don't have a sight pusher, professional installation is recommended. My LGS where I purchased them installed both sets free of charge and did a fine job (no scratches) as they required no further zeroing on my part. No apparent loss of brightness yet.

Little off topic but maybe someone can help. I love my Hellcat front sight. Im waiting on my 911 . 380 Alpha model to come in. I got a good price and snatched it but they are not the Pro night sights and all the descriptions on them are for XD not the 911 or even the Hellcat for that matter. What I want is the front site of the Hellcat on the new 911. Really just want the front site. I like the white bullseyes on the rear

Little off topic but maybe someone can help. I love my Hellcat front sight. Im waiting on my 911 . 380 Alpha model to come in. I got a good price and snatched it but they are not the Pro night sights and all the descriptions on them are for XD not the 911 or even the Hellcat for that matter. What I want is the front site of the Hellcat on the new 911. Really just want the front site. I like the white bullseyes on the rear

Get a Trijicon HD front sight.

My XDs has been sporting TFX™ PRO TRITIUM/FIBER-OPTIC DAY/NIGHT SIGHTS ($165.00) ever since they were available. These are far better in the daytime and mid light situations than their standard models.

Removing the factory sights took a bit of work however - especially the front one.

My XDs swap was easy. Heavy duty bench vise. 3 layers of duct tape on the jaws for padding. Clamp the slide. Mark centerline on the slide, for the new sights. Framing hammer (16oz) and a steel punch. Tap out the old (right to left), tap in the new to the centerline marks. Slide onto frame, check zero against the Viridian laser...and shoot.

I thought about using the hydraulic press I have, but building a jig to hold the slide would have been a pain in the ... , so I just figured I'd try the clamp and punch method. It went so well, I was amazed with myself. Sometimes, they DON'T fight back!

Tritium vs fiber optic? I love seeing the tritium glow of my RDP or Sig P365XL on the nightstand. And for outdoors ambidextrous use, I do find the bright fiber optic helps the brain lock in on either the left or right eye much like a red dot. Any particular reason Springfield chose to install fiber optic front sights on XDM's and tritium on Hellcats?

Didn’t know when I bought the 1911 Emissary but it has the tritium front sight and I like the glow, it lines up super easy with the white U in the rear sight, don’t know if it’s possible but it would be cool to have a tritium U in the rear but if it’s just available in dots then I’m fine with the way it is.

Tritium vs fiber optic? I love seeing the tritium glow of my RDP or Sig P365XL on the nightstand. And for outdoors ambidextrous use, I do find the bright fiber optic helps the brain lock in on either the left or right eye much like a red dot. Any particular reason Springfield chose to install fiber optic front sights on XDM's and tritium on Hellcats?
I do not know the decision other than cost. I'm not in favor of the light pipe front sight. After a day at the range that front sight gets so dirty it really knocks down its glow ability. Now when you use cleaning solutions to get the crud off it that also affects its glow ability (fogs it) in the long run. Even Tru-Glo warns of this and highly recommend their TFX-PRO that is encapsulated in a hermetically sealed capsules. So far many years of use and cleaning, they are still bright as day one.

Back