testtest

Two-Tone Desert FDE M1A Review

Got a standard issue back in 97 and now it resides on an Arch Angel stock and Venom glass mounted on top. In hind-sight should have gotten the match Barrel instead as it is a moa+ rifle, but still a hoot to shoot. Especially banging metal or standard targets, but ruined with the Creedmoor for precision shooting. However I hear there may be a Creedmoor version out there...

I qualified as a sharpshooter with the M-14 at Ft.Polk,LA in 1965, it was quite a shock from the .22 my dad taught us to shoot. It was my main battle rife up to when I left the Army in 1968. I had it when I went to Camp Page Korea then 54th Ord.Co.Vietnam and I grew to love that rifle that never jammed. I still own a M1A only in it's scout form with a Arch Angel stock and optical sight and it still has never let me down.

No enthusiasm here. The '14 was too noisy and my base commander threatened court martial for anyone using ear protection; thus, I'm more than a little deaf. I much preferred the old M1-A1 carbine, and think that with a somewhat hotter cartridge it would be a world-beater.
I've had the privilege to shoot M1 Garands, M14s, M1 Carbines, and M16-A1s(as a Marine from 1976-1979).

After I got out of the Marine Corps, I bought a M1 Carbine at a local Army Surplus store and carried it in my vehicle often, especially when I was driving close to the Mexican border to visit relatives(who still live in the area.)

I've had different military inspired rifles(FN-Fals, CETME, etc) but the M1 Carbine works well for what I need. Plus it reminds me of the stories some of the Marine Corps Vietnam vets that mentored me told me...:)

A while back I found this M1 Enforcer that belonged to a fellow Marine and we made a deal. I like it a lot. It's a pretty handy little(legal) rifle. Some people talk about handgun magazine capacity. This Enforcer has 30 round magazines and easily fits in a Mandolin case so it's pretty easy to conceal...:)

I have a lot of respect for M14. Great, great, great rifle. When you're a Marine grunt every bit of gear weight makes a difference. The M16-A1s we carried felt like a Matel toy when I first handled and carried one. It also felt like shooting a souped up 22, especially since I'd shot 308 bolt actions before I joined the Marine Corps in 1976.

On a 10 - 20 mile hikes, most Marines preferred to carry around an 8 pound rifle versus one that was over 10 pounds.

Attachments

• M1_Enforcer_20220717_180312.jpg
    M1_Enforcer_20220717_180312.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 90
Dunklebergers in Brodheadsville Pa
Most LGS order from a middleman firearms distributor and not the manufacturer direct. The store you ordered from maybe lower of the totom pole in terms of the firearms distributor they work may not be a top priority for that firearms distributor to fill the order.

Springfield Armory does not sell direct to most firearms dealers so they wouldn't have any control on when you're rifle arrived to your LGS.

There are two versions of the Scout available at the LGS I deal with mostly and they typically ship free. The guys at Northeast Munitions are top notch.

Most LGS order from a middleman firearms distributor and not the manufacturer direct. The store you ordered from maybe lower of the totom pole in terms of the firearms distributor they work may not be a top priority for that firearms distributor to fill the order.

Springfield Armory does not sell direct to most firearms dealers so they wouldn't have any control on when you're rifle arrived to your LGS.

There are two versions of the Scout available at the LGS I deal with mostly and they typically ship free. The guys at Northeast Munitions are top notch.

Thanks for the information . I'll give them until the end of the month. I have seen plenty for sale
Other places. I'll check out your guy first.

Thanks for the information . I'll give them until the end of the month. I have seen plenty for sale
Other places. I'll check out your guy first.
You could always give them a call if you have questions. The owner Peter and manager Chance are wicked cool dudes and are very helpful. I've bought numerous firearms from them these past few years.

Welcome to the forum from NH.

I got my scout squad from KYGUNCO thru the Firstline offer thru Springfield. it's the best way to go if you are a veteran and cut's some of the cost. KYGUNCO also doesn't charge you any tax on the firearm and because I wasa veteran shipping was free. Really good deal if you ask me.

I've had the privilege to shoot M1 Garands, M14s, M1 Carbines, and M16-A1s(as a Marine from 1976-1979).

After I got out of the Marine Corps, I bought a M1 Carbine at a local Army Surplus store and carried it in my vehicle often, especially when I was driving close to the Mexican border to visit relatives(who still live in the area.)

I've had different military inspired rifles(FN-Fals, CETME, etc) but the M1 Carbine works well for what I need. Plus it reminds me of the stories some of the Marine Corps Vietnam vets that mentored me told me...:)

A while back I found this M1 Enforcer that belonged to a fellow Marine and we made a deal. I like it a lot. It's a pretty handy little(legal) rifle. Some people talk about handgun magazine capacity. This Enforcer has 30 round magazines and easily fits in a Mandolin case so it's pretty easy to conceal...:)

I have a lot of respect for M14. Great, great, great rifle. When you're a Marine grunt every bit of gear weight makes a difference. The M16-A1s we carried felt like a Matel toy when I first handled and carried one. It also felt like shooting a souped up 22, especially since I'd shot 308 bolt actions before I joined the Marine Corps in 1976.

On a 10 - 20 mile hikes, most Marines preferred to carry around an 8 pound rifle versus one that was over 10 pounds.
My wife's favorite rifle is a WWII carbine made by Ingram, during Vietnam my first experience with a M-16 was one being carried by a 101st Airborne Sgt who had the paratrooper ( short variant ) and a Browning P-35 in a shoulder holster on the way back from the Saigon PX. Upon shooting ( early '80's ) jack rabbits in the Mojave Desert we found the AR's with their .223 FMJ really didn't cut it on body shots, however, the .30 Carbine and AK-47's really did the job.

Terrific combat weapon. Great rifle in RVN just that the ammo was heavy when you carried a double or triple load.
While working in the largest ammo depot in RVN we procured ( from a ammo pad that was off limits ) 7.62 NATO duplex ammunition ( making it forty rounds in a magazine )- we were told these bullets were banned by the Geneva Convention which I believe "Charlie" never was a part of.

Got a standard issue back in 97 and now it resides on an Arch Angel stock and Venom glass mounted on top. In hind-sight should have gotten the match Barrel instead as it is a moa+ rifle, but still a hoot to shoot. Especially banging metal or standard targets, but ruined with the Creedmoor for precision shooting. However I hear there may be a Creedmoor version out there...
My first M1A was purchased in the 1970's I believe, I was a rookie on a Southern California police department and when I told my training officer of the purchase he promptly had us meet with another unit and had a laugh on me. That weekend we met at the police range where I could only fire one shot before the bolt locked back, however , upon shooting the M1A ( even with that malfunction ) a firearms deal was made and my training officer sent the rifle back to Springfield where the malfunction was corrected - very much later I ended up buying my M1A Scout from him ( a reduced price since he did take advantage of me ), My next modification is putting a RRUGLO Tru-Brite 30 on it.

Back