testtest

Ultimate Shooting Glasses?

I can’t for the life of me remember the name of the glasses but there’s a brand out there that pick up lights like lasers super easy and also pick up the tritium sights really well at night. They run about $150 sadly but probably the best glasses I’ve tried. I wish I could remember the name of them tho.

SSP EyeWear has another set as well that has several different colors to pick up clay pigeons and stuff like that. It's called the Methos. If you wear RX glasses, that's the set for you. It's what I now use to shoot with. If you have any questions, just ask, I have both sets.
methos 1 small.png

I like using WileyX Valor I was issued with in the Army. I had this pair over 5 years and finally needed to get new lenses.

For my shooting glasses, I use a pair from S&W, I got them during a promotion when I bought a S&W 637, got a range bag, muffs and the glasses. Before, I just used my regular glasses, the lens are made of polycarbonate. I don’t know what brand the S&W glasses are.

Once I'm able to get back on my feet again, I'll be making a video on those as well.
That would be great Tactical-Reviews. I have an older set of SSP glass I got with a discount from USCCA. But I'm seriously thinking of getting the set in the video with the ability to wear my prescription glasses underneath.
I hope everything went Ok, and you're doing well.

The Methos set is well worth it. The RX frames are only $20. I have an article coming up at the armory life on the Methos set. In it I say don't get the poly lenses on the RX, just get plastic. The poly lenses distort your vision a bit because they wrap around your head instead of sitting flat out in front of your face. The plastic lenses are also less expensive and the Poly isn't really needed.

I use a wide variety of glasses and prescriptions. I may be what some would say excessive in my collection. I have different RX for fast, for accurate, for prone pistol, for scoped rifles, optics pistols and in multiple lens colors. Gotta see if you wanna hit!!!

The Methos set is well worth it. The RX frames are only $20. I have an article coming up at the armory life on the Methos set. In it I say don't get the poly lenses on the RX, just get plastic. The poly lenses distort your vision a bit because they wrap around your head instead of sitting flat out in front of your face. The plastic lenses are also less expensive and the Poly isn't really needed.
Thanks for that tip Tactical-Reviews, I can’t wait for the article🙂

^ That's extremely useful! THANK YOU!!!!!

I use a wide variety of glasses and prescriptions. I may be what some would say excessive in my collection. I have different RX for fast, for accurate, for prone pistol, for scoped rifles, optics pistols and in multiple lens colors. Gotta see if you wanna hit!!!
You sure look like you hit everything your aiming at in “Worlds Collide“ with Rob Pincus in the episodes I’ve watched Rob, so obviously the glasses are working 😎. Do you have any of the SSP glasses, Rob? And what do you think of them if yes?

I hit on the Methos set in this podcast.
Great review Tactical-Reviews. BTW: You should contact Logitech and explain your issues. Perhaps there's a firmware update for the camera or updated driver available. Even though you're going to different cameras, it may be beneficial to others to let Logitech know they have issues.
Anyways, your review on these SSP glasses was excellent. I wear prescription glasses as well and will take your advice on going with the plastic. I definitely had trouble picking up the clays during an outing of Sporting Clays, and your explanation on the different lens colors may help me with my difficulties. Again, I hope you start feeling better and are able to start becoming more mobile to do more great podcasts on firearms and gear.

Back