testtest

UTG for the win, the ultimate MP5 accessory

The rail for the MP5K came in yesterday - GREAT pair! (AP5 and AP5-P)
Not necessarily a "traditionalist" - as I think the lines on these UTG rails/handguards look great.

After looking and installing the K rail, I was thinking the A3 foregrip overhang was going to interfere with the suppressor. I was totally wrong on that - thankfully.

1714068538778.png

1714068568892.png

Oh.

That MP5kPDW configuration…

Well.

It makes sitting uncomfortable, and standing downright embarrassing.

I’ll be in my bunk, sir.
Yeah - I don't see myself ever running it with the mag coupler. That was just for pics to throw back to a different time.
Also the Choate is on there for the classic look. Considering going with a railed buttplate and swithing to a different folder......just haven't gotten that far yet.

Yeah - I don't see myself ever running it with the mag coupler. That was just for pics to throw back to a different time.
Also the Choate is on there for the classic look. Considering going with a railed buttplate and swithing to a different folder......just haven't gotten that far yet.
I…

I actually LIKE the Choate. My buddy SBR’d his Zenith-k and it’s rock-on.

Then again, the first true machine gun I fired was a SP5kPDW, and I’ve got a very soft spot for them.

(And it had the legit B&T can on it, too…)

Another update, not that anyone cares...Eotech received my returned EXPS-0 on a RMA (paid by them call-tagged UPS), "fixed" the optic mounting hardware, and returned the optic in less than 1 week. I must give all credit in the world for this level of service. However, the optic base, with a new cam lever, still does not mount to any pic rail I own (again, my M&P15-2, Hellion, Leapers UTG rail, and a small optic mount rail I bought on a whim. All of them the quick-release still moves on the rail when mounted in its tightest position I can produce.

Next step is to return the optic to the retailer and ask for an exchange for the Eotech with a non-quick-release rail mount...all my other optics (6 of them dots, prisms and magnified scopes) mount just fine to a pic rail...with torx mounting screws.

I hope I didn't waste $700 on a non-returnable optic. We'll see next week.

Another update, not that anyone cares...Eotech received my returned EXPS-0 on a RMA (paid by them call-tagged UPS), "fixed" the optic mounting hardware, and returned the optic in less than 1 week. I must give all credit in the world for this level of service. However, the optic base, with a new cam lever, still does not mount to any pic rail I own (again, my M&P15-2, Hellion, Leapers UTG rail, and a small optic mount rail I bought on a whim. All of them the quick-release still moves on the rail when mounted in its tightest position I can produce.

Next step is to return the optic to the retailer and ask for an exchange for the Eotech with a non-quick-release rail mount...all my other optics (6 of them dots, prisms and magnified scopes) mount just fine to a pic rail...with torx mounting screws.

I hope I didn't waste $700 on a non-returnable optic. We'll see next week.

We do care, I almost want you to send me the eotech, let me compare it with mine and see if it can be fixed or try to figure out what is different.

That’s what I said earlier in the thread but @Jfal says nope thats not it.
When following the install directions, I start with the screw backed out to what we'd call "loose". I cam over the lever with the optic mounted to the rail, and it is obviously loose. I un-cam the lever and tighten the screw 1 click and repeat until the cam lever can not close. Then back off the screw one click until I can cam-over the lever. At this point the optic does stay mounted to the rail, but it slides around (mostly front-to-back...and twists a little). If the optic is moving on the rail with a little pressure...that's no good and will not zero.

Update, my LGS gave me a full refund for the Eotech. He said the pic-rail grip-plates (no idea whatcha call them) looked funny. Not sure why Eotech didn't notice that with the return, but now I'll find another dot...on a positive note, I guess it'll be hard to find many more expensive than Eotech (I know, Aimpoint....).

Update, my LGS gave me a full refund for the Eotech. He said the pic-rail grip-plates (no idea whatcha call them) looked funny. Not sure why Eotech didn't notice that with the return, but now I'll find another dot...on a positive note, I guess it'll be hard to find many more expensive than Eotech (I know, Aimpoint....).
I was all set to buy an Eotech when some actual crayon eaters I occasionally shoot with told me they’d rather have Holosuns.

Back