testtest

Venison burgers

I love venison burgers.
Usually cook them low heat and slow on the grill. Found you have to half the heat and double the time you would for a normal burger to not dry it out. Usually top it with quality blue cheese.
Try cooking them with some bacon slices laid across them. Then either eat the bacon right on them like a regular 'bacon burger', or take the bacon off and just eat it like candy. Uuhmmmm, uuhmmmm, GOOD !!!!!

Try cooking them with some bacon slices laid across them. Then either eat the bacon right on them like a regular 'bacon burger', or take the bacon off and just eat it like candy. Uuhmmmm, uuhmmmm, GOOD !!!!!
Agreed.
Wife does not like it that way, so I usually leave the bacon off. Sometimes make it that way with bacon if I know the next morning i’ll make bacon and eggs with the opened package

Montana.

I'm as far north as northern Maine for you Easterners.

Starts getting light at ~0430 the end of June, and gets dark at ~1030pm.
Well, I'm pretty far east too, but not quite that far east ........ LOL! I'm on the east coast, just a few miles inland from Atlantic ocean. But south of Maine, about mid-way down the coast of Florida.

My buddy grinds bacon with his ground venison...that’s a burger, right there.
For many years as I was part of a hunting club/camp where we had facilities to hang our game for time needed to age properly, I would often stop at our local grocery store on the way to camp on Friday nights and pick up several pounds of beef trimmings/fat. I had an arrangement with the meat dept. mgr to save it for me on Fridays during the day as they did their trimming of steaks, roasts, etc.

Then over the weekend as we processed the game from the week before, we would add in some of that beef trimmings into our ground venison. I don't remember the exact ratio of beef to venison, but it made the absolute best ground meat possible ..... not just for burgers, but for chili, spaghetti sauce, Shepard's Pie, etc.

Personal preference I'm sure, but I liked it much better than the pork mix.

Back