testtest

Wasp red dot sight

I agree with that, just this optic if not in use just keeps running unless battery is pulled or runs dead. So if it were to put in a safe for a period of time while carrying something else it's just keeps burning in there. I may not wanna pull the battery every week. My point is it just seems pointless for it to just keep burning while not in use when the auto on/off tech is available.

Sorry for harping on this, just disappointed. Moving along.
It's certainly ultimately your choice, but one last thing to consider is this. Every feature added to a red dot sight such as 'Auto On/Off' makes the sight a little heavier, bulkier, and more prone to failure. The heavier/bulkier part is pretty much a point of special interest for the Hellcat, and the "more prone to fail" is self explanatory.

I'll say that I'd be assured with most anything SA offers, and especially anything they recommend for a particular or specific use. I personally would not let the lack of an Off/On feature deter me in the least. In fact I didn't .... I think I mentioned I chose the SMSc, installed it and haven't looked back.

Keep in mind the 2 Shield sights and the Wasp are the only ones that I'm aware of that will 100% co-witness with the Hellcat's iron sights, so you might want to think about that if its any consideration at all for you. And be very careful of total weight of some other sights. Some are way over the recommended weight for the Hellcat slide to function properly.

(y) (y) (y)

Here’s an example of a reflex RDS with an auto off feature. A highly thought of one. This lasts 150 hours on the highest setting and 30,000 hours at the lowest setting.

The Hex Wasp lasts 65,000 hours on the lowest setting with an average life of 2 years.

Here’s another with auto off. Battery life - 5,000 hours.

One more. Shake awake feature. Battery life 50,000 hours.

Seems like the Hex Wasp has a better battery life than all these, even though it is on all the time.

Just sayin’
Don't know for sure about the Venom but the Fastfire 3 is 10 year old tech (I know caus I have one).

It's certainly ultimately your choice, but one last thing to consider is this. Every feature added to a red dot sight such as 'Auto On/Off' makes the sight a little heavier, bulkier, and more prone to failure. The heavier/bulkier part is pretty much a point of special interest for the Hellcat, and the "more prone to fail" is self explanatory.

I'll say that I'd be assured with most anything SA offers, and especially anything they recommend for a particular or specific use. I personally would not let the lack of an Off/On feature deter me in the least. In fact I didn't .... I think I mentioned I chose the SMSc, installed it and haven't looked back.

Keep in mind the 2 Shield sights and the Wasp are the only ones that I'm aware of that will 100% co-witness with the Hellcat's iron sights, so you might want to think about that if its any consideration at all for you. And be very careful of total weight of some other sights. Some are way over the recommended weight for the Hellcat slide to function properly.

(y) (y) (y)
One other thing to consider is these led emitters have a lifespan, one that constantly burns will be shorter.

One other thing to consider is these led emitters have a lifespan, one that constantly burns will be shorter.
Good point, but on another hand, good or not, Wasp's also auto adjusting and have had brand new LED's on other things burn out in a week. - Some easily last for many years. From more perspectives? Read up on LED manufacturing when have chance, is interesting. On LED bulbs themselves? Many things are hit and miss from start to finish. They're generally graded after the fact, not so much before hand. Am sure as time progress's mfg. will get better and more stable. Likely already has. Are many things to weigh back and forth with optical sights. What seems to and actually works best for a person at the time, is?

Venom is not auto on/off (MOTAC). I have one on my Q5.

I know the battery life is long and all that, but I’m OCD and I turn it off when I’m not using the gun. I wouldn’t have a red dot on a defensive gun that wasn’t “ Shake awake”. It’s one of the things I like most about the Romeo 5.
But that’s just OCD Bob. I’m sure it’s fine, but It’s kinda like the integrated red laser on my Shield .45. If I have to turn it on that means I’m not going to use it in a SD situation. I should have gotten the regular Shield and put a Laserguard on it like I did my old man’s .380 EZ. It looks like it’s part of the gun and when you grip the gun it comes on automatically.
I’m sure the Wasp is a fine RDMS. if I put one on a carry gun though it’ll probably be a Delta Point Pro.

Venom is not auto on/off (MOTAC). I have one on my Q5.

I know the battery life is long and all that, but I’m OCD and I turn it off when I’m not using the gun. I wouldn’t have a red dot on a defensive gun that wasn’t “ Shake awake”. It’s one of the things I like most about the Romeo 5.
But that’s just OCD Bob. I’m sure it’s fine, but It’s kinda like the integrated red laser on my Shield .45. If I have to turn it on that means I’m not going to use it in a SD situation. I should have gotten the regular Shield and put a Laserguard on it like I did my old man’s .380 EZ. It looks like it’s part of the gun and when you grip the gun it comes on automatically.
I’m sure the Wasp is a fine RDMS. if I put one on a carry gun though it’ll probably be a Delta Point Pro.
The Wasp is always on. You don't have to turn it on or even shake it awake.

Looks like I was wrong about the Venom. It is not auto on. I saw the feature referring to being able to set it to auto brightness and included it in my list. Thanks for pointing that out.

Back