testtest

Wear on new Ronin

Willi

Alpha
I just bought a new 9mm Ronin. I really like it a lot. Good fit and quality. The problem is I’ve only put about 500 rounds through it and I’m getting wear through the paint on the frame, on the sharp corners by the grip. Is this to be expected and has anyone else experienced this? Is there a commercially available touch up paint I can use? Thanks!

I just bought a new 9mm Ronin. I really like it a lot. Good fit and quality. The problem is I’ve only put about 500 rounds through it and I’m getting wear through the paint on the frame, on the sharp corners by the grip. Is this to be expected and has anyone else experienced this? Is there a commercially available touch up paint I can use? Thanks!

Birchwood Casey makes several different products for bluing touch ups. You could try a bluing pen too. I have both and found that a combination of the two worked fairly decently.

Photos. Thanks!

Attachments

• 46CF056A-BE7D-4275-833F-EEE406FFFCB4.jpeg
    46CF056A-BE7D-4275-833F-EEE406FFFCB4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 271
  • D69B0742-DF20-44E4-B46B-424381F954C1.jpeg
    D69B0742-DF20-44E4-B46B-424381F954C1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 268
Does yours have a 4.25” barrel, if so, it’s got the aluminum frame. I see the areas your referring to. The aluminum frame does have a Cerakote finish on it. I don’t think they warrant the finish on there guns, but it was a good ideal to get in touch with them.

Any “paint” will wear, it does not look like it is chipping off so the the paint did not fail. Something is rubbing it significantly in that area, which is a weird place to rub in my experience. Any finish on a gun will wear if you use it, the only way to keep it looking new is to not use it.

I agree. It’s definitely not chipping. I was just surprised it’s showing wear after only two trips to the range. It’s never been dropped, stored in a hostile environment or mistreated. I’ve only owned it since October. Does anyone know where to get silver Cerakote? Thanks!

I used to have a Kimber Micro 9 with an aluminum frame with what looks like the same color coating on it. I got a lot of similar wear on that during the time I had it. I never really looked into what caused it, just figured it was from normal wear and tear.

Back