testtest

went and got a new gun today

I tried a few Berettas over the year and while the angle was perfect, it was just a little too big for my hands. My friends had larger hands and loved them, and swore by them. My finger reach was just too short. Would have liked to own one.
i had a Remington R-1911, with wooden grips.

they were "wide" and felt awful. i could grip the gun. but i went and bought thinner rubber grips. the texture was much better, and the grip was much better as well.

my CZ 97B, comes with aluminum grips, thin ones, and the fit is fantastic.

so there "might be" options to get thinner grips, for the Beretta.

i might check out for a different set, like aluminum or rubber myself.

i had a Remington R-1911, with wooden grips.

they were "wide" and felt awful. i could grip the gun. but i went and bought thinner rubber grips. the texture was much better, and the grip was much better as well.

my CZ 97B, comes with aluminum grips, thin ones, and the fit is fantastic.

so there "might be" options to get thinner grips, for the Beretta.

i might check out for a different set, like aluminum or rubber myself.
Check VZ Grips. They might make thin G10 grips for the Beretta.

Range update, 1/10/2022

well, this Beretta 92 FS, is reminding me of my CZ 75B, for it's weight.

as for shooting and smoothness, my gosh, the reviews are true.

it shoots incredibly well, like my CZ and much like my Canik METE SFx (even though this is a polymer gun).

when i load a mag into the magwell, i always have the slide pulled back, then release that slide with the release lever, my standard operating procedure on ANY semi-automatic that i have.

so therefore, that first pull on the trigger IS NOT like a revolver and heavy.

but "loosey-goosey"......then you take up that slack

and BAM....BAM...BAM.....

ejection was not an issue, nothing hit me in the face, or head, but many spent casings did go and hit me on the right shoulder, or just above it.

no issues with feed, ejection, stove piping, nothing.

used 100 rds of Fiocchi 115 gr. ammo.

used 3 targets in total, the first one was the "get to know you" target, where i hit the "perp" in the hand, disabling him.

with some fliers

2nd target a couple of fliers, and the 3rd target getting better

all in all, a great gun, glad i bought it, and the Beretta certainly does not disappoint.

this was actually the 1st target, the "get to know you"

got the guy in the groin, thumb, and 2 fingers, even the gun itself near the rear sight, and a flier or 2...

1641829424387.png

this is the first round target, with fliers, and a bullseye

1641829524984.png

and the final target for today...

1641829587661.png

i have plans on taking this Beretta tomorrow to the other range, and shoot off another 100 rds, maybe S&B this time, THEN strip and clean, as believe it or not, there is still a lotta preservative oil seeping from this gun..!!

i'm gonna have to remove the grips and spray deep inside this little monster of a TERRIFIC gun..

That was my first handgun purchase way back in 1992, a Beretta 92FS. Absolutely Cadillac of a handgun. Strangely enough, i had saved up enough to buy the Beretta back then buy I was torn between the Beretta and a Browning Hi-Power.....there was also this strange looking thing at the gun store called a "Glock 17", it was either a Gen 1 or 2, probably a Gen 2 but I went with the Beretta. It was a fine weapon, I sold it over a girl.....long story......lol

That was my first handgun purchase way back in 1992, a Beretta 92FS. Absolutely Cadillac of a handgun. Strangely enough, i had saved up enough to buy the Beretta back then buy I was torn between the Beretta and a Browning Hi-Power.....there was also this strange looking thing at the gun store called a "Glock 17", it was either a Gen 1 or 2, probably a Gen 2 but I went with the Beretta. It was a fine weapon, I sold it over a girl.....long story......lol
I have never tried a Hi Power, and it was available to me in an Army PX, but I got a Security Six .357 instead. At the time I preferred the caliber .357 Mag to a 9 mm, and I still do, 40 years later.
But the Beretta really changed my outlook, since it is a fantastic gun. I had a great time firing one.

And right now, I prefer a Beretta over a Glock, because of their looks. The Beretta is a better looking gun.
That may be a screwy way to pick a gun, but I am stuck with it.

I have never tried a Hi Power, and it was available to me in an Army PX, but I got a Security Six .357 instead. At the time I preferred the caliber .357 Mag to a 9 mm, and I still do, 40 years later.
But the Beretta really changed my outlook, since it is a fantastic gun. I had a great time firing one.

And right now, I prefer a Beretta over a Glock, because of their looks. The Beretta is a better looking gun.
That may be a screwy way to pick a gun, but I am stuck with it.
As far as aesthetics go, a Beretta is just a bad ass looking handgun, especially the 92F/FS. Those had/have such a unique look to them and pretty much bomb proof as far as reliability. I've regretted selling mine eve since I got rid of it, so a 92FS is definitely on my "re-acquire" list.

As far as aesthetics go, a Beretta is just a bad ass looking handgun, especially the 92F/FS. Those had/have such a unique look to them and pretty much bomb proof as far as reliability. I've regretted selling mine eve since I got rid of it, so a 92FS is definitely on my "re-acquire" list.
The stainless models look great, and I have hit pop n flop targets at 100+ meters with the Army model.
That sealed the deal right there, it made an impression on me, that lasts until this day. It was 25 years ago.
I would like to look at a M92 Compact as a concealed weapon. They are very reliable.

But I am over the horns of a dilemma, since an Officers 1911 .45 is very reliable and looks great too.
It takes me forever to make a decision these days. When I read about the SIG 365, it throws me off, because it’s so good. But I’m pretty set in my ways, because the Beretta and Colt/Ruger/S&W are pretty good.

Last edited:
The stainless models look great, and I have hit pop n flop targets at 100+ meters with the Army model.
That sealed the deal right there, it made an impression on me, that lasts until this day. It was 25 years ago.
I would like to look at a M92 Compact as a concealed weapon. They are very reliable.

But I am over the horns of a dilemma, since an Officers 1911 .45 is very reliable and looks great too.
It takes me forever to make a decision these days. When I read about the SIG 365, it throws me off, because it’s so good. But I’m pretty set in my ways, because the Beretta and Colt/Ruger/S&W are pretty good.
I think a 1911 is about the most "handsome" handgun ever made. Hard to beat the look of one of those. I would love to have the 92FS INOX Compact, that is bad ass looking handgun. A bit difficult to find, but I run across them online now and then, usually when I don't have the money to purchase one. Such a nice looking handgun.

I used this during my Army career and never had problems with it other than the cheap ass mags the Army purchased with them initially. After they dumped those, they always worked flawlessly for me. I love the Beretta 92 (M9).

It is funny my EDC Hellcat carries as many rounds as this and is nearly half the size. Times have changed.

i just went and ordered a steel trigger and the D hammer spring from Beretta. it takes up some of that slop in the trigger pull, for double action shots, and replaces the polymer trigger.

i ain't sure why the gun is all metal, and they cheaped out on a polymer trigger?

might be considering the wood grips at a later time.

i just went and ordered a steel trigger and the D hammer spring from Beretta. it takes up some of that slop in the trigger pull, for double action shots, and replaces the polymer trigger.

i ain't sure why the gun is all metal, and they cheaped out on a polymer trigger?

might be considering the wood grips at a later time.
Yea, they started that a few years back, I don’t like a polymer trigger either on a metal gun, just like the Ronin, it has a polymer trigger also, now on a polymer gun yea, metal gun no.

took that new Beretta today to the range. shot at 7 yds, each target.

couple of fliers in each target, i know for a fact i "flinched" in target #2

i'm loving this gun. in fact when i got home later, the 2 new mags from Beretta arrived as well.

now i await the ss trigger/spring and hammer D spring as well

also ordered up a ss guide rod as well..

the RSO was given a few rounds to put thru it as well, he had owned a Beretta, but sold it. i asked him why he said.."he got stupid".......

this Beretta reminds me so much of my CZ 75B, it's great.

1642536072659.png

Back