testtest

went and got a new gun today

UPDATE:

well the Hammer "D" spring, and the SS trigger and trigger spring arrived, and today i am going to switch out those OEM parts. i just need 27 more cups of coffee first, and get warmed up for my very cold basement.

i'll take trigger pull measurements before and after, and some out of focus pics as well.

all parts are from Beretta, and any day now, the SS guide rod will show up.

then at another time, a trip to the range

well, i posted this at update at 7:29.....

went down to my basement shortly after got everything ready

took before trigger pull readings, and pics.

gotta tell you truthfully, this was my first time doing this trigger replacement on ANY gun that i have, and this one being the first, was a ROYAL PITA...

that tiny trigger spring, as i tried like 34,999,669,557,222 times to install..??

went FLYING into the air, and landed on my 180 year old basement wooden floor, with WIDE gaps in between the floor boards.....

BUT......I FOUND IT......!!!!! YES I DID, it was laying on top of a floor board, not in a wide opening.....

and by wide opening in the floor boards, i mean like as much as a 1/4 in gap, and some of those gaps..??

go to the devil himself......meaning.........i ain't never gonna see it again in any of the gaps......

whew.........

i "finished" about 9:10, but that includes putting everything away as well.

so here are some pics the before pics

the Beretta replacement hammer "D" spring, ss (black coated) trigger, and trigger spring

1643207214246.png

the trigger pull, in double action before the work

1643207254116.png

the trigger bar with it's spring partially removed

1643207298239.png

the slide release, it's spring, the trigger bar and it's spring (all the OEM parts)

1643207364091.png

the OEM and trigger spring, which the new trigger spring replaces

1643207429611.png

the new trigger pull reading with the Hammer "D" spring installed, the trigger did not improve the pull, i do not like a "plastic" trigger, that's why i replaced it with the SS one.

1643207550713.png

well, i posted this at update at 7:29.....

went down to my basement shortly after got everything ready

took before trigger pull readings, and pics.

gotta tell you truthfully, this was my first time doing this trigger replacement on ANY gun that i have, and this one being the first, was a ROYAL PITA...

that tiny trigger spring, as i tried like 34,999,669,557,222 times to install..??

went FLYING into the air, and landed on my 180 year old basement wooden floor, with WIDE gaps in between the floor boards.....

BUT......I FOUND IT......!!!!! YES I DID, it was laying on top of a floor board, not in a wide opening.....

and by wide opening in the floor boards, i mean like as much as a 1/4 in gap, and some of those gaps..??

go to the devil himself......meaning.........i ain't never gonna see it again in any of the gaps......

whew.........

i "finished" about 9:10, but that includes putting everything away as well.

so here are some pics the before pics

the Beretta replacement hammer "D" spring, ss (black coated) trigger, and trigger spring

View attachment 24378

the trigger pull, in double action before the work

View attachment 24379

the trigger bar with it's spring partially removed

View attachment 24380

the slide release, it's spring, the trigger bar and it's spring (all the OEM parts)

View attachment 24381

the OEM and trigger spring, which the new trigger spring replaces

View attachment 24382

the new trigger pull reading with the Hammer "D" spring installed, the trigger did not improve the pull, i do not like a "plastic" trigger, that's why i replaced it with the SS one.

View attachment 24383
Good job @Old_Me

Playing hunt the spring is half the fun! I have, to date, always managed to find my errant springs. The spring on my TX22 firing pin safety is tiny and it’s terrifying every time I take apart the firing pin block to clean it.

Playing hunt the spring is half the fun! I have, to date, always managed to find my errant springs. The spring on my TX22 firing pin safety is tiny and it’s terrifying every time I take apart the firing pin block to clean it.
well, as it is, all my gun supplies, and many of my guns, are in the basement.

i have no spare room, in my house.

but if i am going to be doing more "smithing" on my own, i very well may have to take many things up to the house.

at least that way, if something falls on the floor, it'll be easier to see, and most likely, ain't gonna be falling into any cracks..!!!!

and...this just in...

that SS guide rod came via UPS a few minutes ago.

the recoil spring is a tad longer that the OEM.

i have made tentative plans, to take that Beretta and my S/A 1911 1A to the club in the morning.

yeah, my plans on going to the gun club with that re-work Bereta and the S/A 1911 1A got scrubbed this morning.

stomach issues, kept me from leaving the house.

now we are going to be getting "blizzard" conditions for friday night, into saturday, ending sunday, so i got many things to do here to prep for that, instead of having "some fun", thanks to my dang stomach problems.

snow totals are "up for grabs right now", due to the weather people not having an absolute grasp on this storm.

so "they say", any where's from 8" to 24".......oh joy.....depending on where you live........

but no matter where anyone lives, the winds and wind chill will make this a BIG storm, here on the east coast/New England area.

shooting time, fun time, some other time.........

ok, took the re-worked Beretta to the club this morning, shot 1 target, 25 feet away, and 50 rds of factory ammo.

this target is the before one, a couple of weeks ago...

1643403117173.png

this one is todays...

1643403148476.png

much better job of destroying the center, yes, a couple of low hits too.

gun ran fantastically, with that hammer D spring, SS guide rod,

the trigger made no difference, other than it was steel rather than plastic.

the guy at the ammo store, has an older Beretta 92 FS, and his trigger is steel.

you know, for the price of the kit, and that was, D spring, steel trigger, and trigger spring, of $26.00...why the hell didn't Beretta JUST DO IT at the factory..???

a super gun, from a great company, and they "cheap out" for less money they would have done the job for, what i paid retail...

makes NO sense to me...

but tell you what too.

i'd buy another 92 FS, in a NY minute..>!!!!!

ok, took the re-worked Beretta to the club this morning, shot 1 target, 25 feet away, and 50 rds of factory ammo.

this target is the before one, a couple of weeks ago...

View attachment 24440

this one is todays...

View attachment 24441

much better job of destroying the center, yes, a couple of low hits too.

gun ran fantastically, with that hammer D spring, SS guide rod,

the trigger made no difference, other than it was steel rather than plastic.

the guy at the ammo store, has an older Beretta 92 FS, and his trigger is steel.

you know, for the price of the kit, and that was, D spring, steel trigger, and trigger spring, of $26.00...why the hell didn't Beretta JUST DO IT at the factory..???

a super gun, from a great company, and they "cheap out" for less money they would have done the job for, what i paid retail...

makes NO sense to me...

but tell you what too.

i'd buy another 92 FS, in a NY minute..>!!!!!
Nice shootin there dead-eye, that kit made a hell of a difference

Nice shootin there dead-eye, that kit made a hell of a difference
the hammer "D" spring takes up the slack and lessens the trigger pull, and it's great.

as i posted the pics of the before pull weight at slightly over 8 lbs. to an after pull weight of slightly over 3 lbs.

i just for the life of me, do not like "plastic" triggers on such a gun that is not say, a 1911. yes, a 1911 trigger can be plastic as well, but the "bow" rides in a cut out channel, so (to me) the chances of a 1911 trigger suddenly breaking may not happen, in as much as say a "revolver type" of trigger like on the Beretta.

might be hard for me to have explained that......

but for the money the Beretta is, and being all metal, why in the hell could they have not just installed that SS trigger at the factory?

then just add like what, maybe $5.00 (thier cost) to the retail price of the gun?

i think i do know why...

so they can "mark up" the kit to us, at a later time.

still to me, a great gun, and actually i am highly thinking of dumping ALL my plastic 9MM guns (frankly, most are Glocks), including another recent purchase, the Canik METE SFx.

but i most likely will keep my Hellcat, that i carry.

let me ask the question this way..

"if anyone bought a Korth, Colt, S&W, or ANY other brand of steel revolvers, that shoot from, .38 sp, to .357 mag, to 44mag to the S&W 500, and paid those high dollars.....

would YOU want a plastic trigger..????"

UPDATE:

i went to the bait and tackle store, to hand over some shrapnel (totally destroyed lead bullets) that i swept up, from shooting my CZ 97B. (i wanted him to see the results of them hitting the backstop)

they were his reloaded ammo.

while there, a REAL trouble maker was talking to me and the manager about the Turkish guns, which i have 2.
Tisas 1911, and a Canik METE SFx.

he has a good collection of Turkish guns, SAR being one of them as well as the Girsan

so this frigging trouble maker takes me over to the display case to show me a Beretta, which i already have....

but, it's really a Girsan clone of a Beretta.

and like $200.00 cheaper than a Beretta.

well, after being the trouble maker that he was, i had to show him who's boss.......

i slapped down my debit card, and bought it, just to shut him up...!!!!!

i pick it up in 8 days.

this store does not honor the ccw, "buy now, take away now" that all other stores do.

i can wait, i came home and ordered parts from Beretta, they fit as i was told, the Girsan.

let that be a lesson to trouble makers..>!!!!

DON'T MESS WITH ME......!!

Nice get @Old_Me, I'm sure you'll like it. Well I didn't get a Turkish gun (I have 2 SARs and 2 Caniks), but I did get an actually Beretta yesterday at LGS. In fact it's Beretta’s new recently announced M9A4 Centurion (4.75" barrel) model that came with 3 - 18 round Magazines (due to supply issues, it came with 1 Mec-Gar FDE mag plate and 2 Black plated 18 round mags). I also came with an additional different style grip if one likes the original M9 style. Upon registration (and another Beretta website), you can request codes for 2 free FDE mags & 1 optics plate, when they become available).
F021FE16-3EFE-4B4C-B2FC-235EC6CDE5F7.jpeg
9BEF1531-B4D9-40FE-B5D7-6DE76FC53CF8.jpeg

Nice get @Old_Me, I'm sure you'll like it. Well I didn't get a Turkish gun (I have 2 SARs and 2 Caniks), but I did get an actually Beretta yesterday at LGS. In fact it's Beretta’s new recently announced M9A4 Centurion (4.75" barrel) model that came with 3 - 18 round Magazines (due to supply issues, it came with 1 Mec-Gar FDE mag plate and 2 Black plated 18 round mags). I also came with an additional different style grip if one likes the original M9 style. Upon registration (and another Beretta website), you can request codes for 2 free FDE mags & 1 optics plate, when they become available).
View attachment 24765View attachment 24766
Very nice brother.

Back