testtest

What are you doing right now??

At this precise moment we are driving home after meeting up with good friends attending the 16th Annual Frazee Fire Department Relief Association Fundraiser. We probably dumped over $100 on gun raffle tickets (didn’t win any). But we did win a very nice framed picture of wolves in the wild, and this camping package at the live auction…

View attachment 55877
That one nice looking stove I want it

image.jpg

Just finished trimming up a bunch of suckers off a maple. Moved onto some buckthorn coming in on my back fence.

I hate buckthorn.

Taking a break from housework, sitting on my duff reading the forum. Nice day outside so I should sit on the deck and soak in some natural vitamin D. The weather is supposed to turn ugly this coming week, so we have to get the weed and feed and grass seed out before that happens. I guess sitting out on the deck is out...for now :cool:

Just got back from Bloomsdale where my wife's friend's son went to prom last night and his truck broke down. They told him he had 24 hours to get it off the lot. I drove down there and talked to the people and they told me it could stay there as long as I needed it to.;)

So I decided I would just call in sick tomorrow and drive down there with my trailer and get it.

Just got back from Bloomsdale where my wife's friend's son went to prom last night and his truck broke down. They told him he had 24 hours to get it off the lot. I drove down there and talked to the people and they told me it could stay there as long as I needed it to.;)

So I decided I would just call in sick tomorrow and drive down there with my trailer and get it.
Good on you, Brother, for doing that. Good on you!

Soo, dont lie, you watched 2 guys do 6 meters today 😉😁
Well, we worked until 3 and we did 17 meters, but you're not far wrong. I'm the foreman and the way they have it set up the computer work has to be done meter by meter. So no, busting out 20 meters and then going back and doing all the paperwork. So the way it worked today is I would grab a new meter, go to the computer and validate it and write down the last corrected meter index, log in the info from the new meter and give it to the guys. Then I would go to the door and talk to the customer (or tag the door if they weren't home) and explain to them we were changing their meter, we wouldn't be interrupting their service and explaining some of the benefits of the new meter. Then I would drag the service line with a CGI ( Walk the service line with a gas sniffer) Then after the guys get the old meter off I take it back to the truck, remove the face plate and the battery, get the current corrected index then go back to the computer, finish the work order, walk to the next address and make sure we can bypass it, then start the process all over again. So technically I didn't change any meters, but I did do the paperwork and the time for 3 guys, which on click ( the new stupid ass program) is a major drag. This is only because it's Sunday though and there were 2 guys with me. On weekends whoever wants to work can and they make room for them all somewhere. I almost always have 2 guys on Sunday. My gasman ( laborer) doesn't work weekends, but during the week it's just me and him. Then I am doing the job of two guys as I am changing meters and doing all the related computer work. And frankly doing it faster than when I have the 3rd guy helping. On a typical 10 hour day Shane and I do about 22-25 meters. Today with 3 guys in 8 hours we did 17.

Good on you, Brother, for doing that. Good on you!
Dude, if you only knew. I get long winded here sometimes and I am loathe to explain the depths of the stupidity of the whole situation. Mom is in Florida where she took her adult daughter for her birthday and not watching her 18 year old semi autistic son go to prom. So he calls my wife this morning while I'm working. Kid can't get to work and has no clue what to do about the truck. Mom calls useless boyfriend who's excuse is he is in church. All day dude ? Really? So Mom tells 18 year old semi autistic son ( who is a great kid named Hasten, who she adopted back in Montana when he was 5 because his drug addict parents left him duct taped to a chair while they went out doing whatever drug addicts do, for several days, on a regular basis) to call Progressive because they have towing insurance. Talk about a joke. The kid trying to communicate with someone in India who is trying very hard to make it as difficult as possible to get this "Roadside assistance". They end up telling him they'll tow it for free within 15 miles. Useless boyfriend supposedly finds a shop 4 miles away. So when I get off work the kid is texting my wife, he has gotten off work and has no way to get down there because they say he needs to be there or they won't tow it. So after working my 20 somethingth ( I made that word up) day in a row, I had to feed my animals and drive to the kid's work. Oh, but first I had to drive to his house where his useless older brother is out mushroom hunting because that's where Hasten's keys are. Then go get him from work and try to figure out WTF is going on. Progressive Indian lady tells him it will be a couple hours before a tow can get there ( this after him waiting for them to call him back all day). So we drive down there. The truck starts and moves but I'm not driving it all the way back up here because that would just have me broke down on the side of the road. So I call his mom. I ask her for the name of the shop. She tells me it's not an auto shop, it's a cafe where her boyfriend know the owner and will let them park the truck there until they can figure out a tow. Now let me back up just a bit. This truck at this point is currently at a barn turned event venue way the hell out in the sticks. And their plan was to tow it into the little town and let it sit on a parking lot until mom gets back from Florida and can pull it with a chain the 65-ish miles back home. I very nearly lost my shite right then and there. Instead, I told mom that was the dumbest thing I ever heard and that she didn't need to worry about it, one way or another I would get the truck to my house tomorrow. Quick call to my boss to let him know I wouldn't be there and I walk up to the house where the owners live. After a short conversation they tell me it can stay there however long I need it to. Then I call my buddy Will who owns a shop close to me and leave a message. Just a long series of incredibly stupid decisions. Starting with Buying the POS truck in the first place. I told her not to. Kid's first car should not be a POS truck will end up being a money pit ( and I was right, the kid has dumped $3500 in it so far). Next mistake, going off to Florida because your 25 year old daughter whined until she got her way (but yet you can't afford to tow a truck) and leaving your son to deal with his prom thing by himself. Next, driving that F'ing truck all the way down there. The kid barely made it there and it died in the parking lot. Then all the other stuff I just explained.

My life lately is reminding me a lot of my ordeal in April 2017 ( maybe I should hibernate every April) where the hits just kept coming, one after the other after the other after the other. Bob stayed cool though, throughout the entire ordeal I didn't get all bent. That would have helped no one. "Bob Friesj Blijft "

Hi,

After playing on the worship team at church today the kids and grandkids came over for lunch. After lunch Grandpa played basketball. Then I replaced a couple of screen doors, turned on the outside water spigots, and brought the hose reels out of the garage. That means it's springtime now. No more cold and snow. :LOL: Now I'm watching "Quigley Down Under", thinking about having my second cold one.

Oh, and Mr. @Bassbob is an angel. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Dude, if you only knew. I get long winded here sometimes and I am loathe to explain the depths of the stupidity of the whole situation. Mom is in Florida where she took her adult daughter for her birthday and not watching her 18 year old semi autistic son go to prom. So he calls my wife this morning while I'm working. Kid can't get to work and has no clue what to do about the truck. Mom calls useless boyfriend who's excuse is he is in church. All day dude ? Really? So Mom tells 18 year old semi autistic son ( who is a great kid named Hasten, who she adopted back in Montana when he was 5 because his drug addict parents left him duct taped to a chair while they went out doing whatever drug addicts do, for several days, on a regular basis) to call Progressive because they have towing insurance. Talk about a joke. The kid trying to communicate with someone in India who is trying very hard to make it as difficult as possible to get this "Roadside assistance". They end up telling him they'll tow it for free within 15 miles. Useless boyfriend supposedly finds a shop 4 miles away. So when I get off work the kid is texting my wife, he has gotten off work and has no way to get down there because they say he needs to be there or they won't tow it. So after working my 20 somethingth ( I made that word up) day in a row, I had to feed my animals and drive to the kid's work. Oh, but first I had to drive to his house where his useless older brother is out mushroom hunting because that's where Hasten's keys are. Then go get him from work and try to figure out WTF is going on. Progressive Indian lady tells him it will be a couple hours before a tow can get there ( this after him waiting for them to call him back all day). So we drive down there. The truck starts and moves but I'm not driving it all the way back up here because that would just have me broke down on the side of the road. So I call his mom. I ask her for the name of the shop. She tells me it's not an auto shop, it's a cafe where her boyfriend know the owner and will let them park the truck there until they can figure out a tow. Now let me back up just a bit. This truck at this point is currently at a barn turned event venue way the hell out in the sticks. And their plan was to tow it into the little town and let it sit on a parking lot until mom gets back from Florida and can pull it with a chain the 65-ish miles back home. I very nearly lost my shite right then and there. Instead, I told mom that was the dumbest thing I ever heard and that she didn't need to worry about it, one way or another I would get the truck to my house tomorrow. Quick call to my boss to let him know I wouldn't be there and I walk up to the house where the owners live. After a short conversation they tell me it can stay there however long I need it to. Then I call my buddy Will who owns a shop close to me and leave a message. Just a long series of incredibly stupid decisions. Starting with Buying the POS truck in the first place. I told her not to. Kid's first car should not be a POS truck will end up being a money pit ( and I was right, the kid has dumped $3500 in it so far). Next mistake, going off to Florida because your 25 year old daughter whined until she got her way (but yet you can't afford to tow a truck) and leaving your son to deal with his prom thing by himself. Next, driving that F'ing truck all the way down there. The kid barely made it there and it died in the parking lot. Then all the other stuff I just explained.

My life lately is reminding me a lot of my ordeal in April 2017 ( maybe I should hibernate every April) where the hits just kept coming, one after the other after the other after the other. Bob stayed cool though, throughout the entire ordeal I didn't get all bent. That would have helped no one. "Bob Friesj Blijft "
Damn Bob, you had one hell of a day. I've had some pretty crazy days myself, but I can't come close to topping yours. Sure hope you don't have another one like that any time soon.

Back