testtest

What do you want for Christmas?

youngolddude

Professional
I really shouldn't be thinking about presents since I got a gun a few weeks ago and electronics for the garage, but with all of the ads filling up my inbox, I wonder what else might Santa bring? High viz sights? Holster? Magazines? Cheap primers at you LGS? I'll have to think about it. The good news is that there's still time.

I really shouldn't be thinking about presents since I got a gun a few weeks ago and electronics for the garage, but with all of the ads filling up my inbox, I wonder what else might Santa bring? High viz sights? Holster? Magazines? Cheap primers at you LGS? I'll have to think about it. The good news is that there's still time.
That is simple to answer “Nothing “ Just so great full to be alive and have a roof over my head and food on the table.

That is simple to answer “Nothing “ Just so great full to be alive and have a roof over my head and food on the table.
My thoughts exactly...:) I've survived Neck Micro Fracture surgery and Quadruple Bypass surgery and I'm still around for my family. One of my greatest gifts was being able to move back home and be around my mom the last year of her life. And also to be around my older sisters and brother who took care of me when I was young. They adopted me when I was 1.5 and really did the best they could for me. I'm extremely blessed...:)

Nowadays I prefer to do stuff for my family and close friends, then receive any kind of gifts...:)

My thoughts exactly...:) I've survived Neck Micro Fracture surgery and Quadruple Bypass surgery and I'm still around for my family. One of my greatest gifts was being able to move back home and be around my mom the last year of her life. And also to be around my older sisters and brother who took care of me when I was young. They adopted me when I was 1.5 and really did the best they could for me. I'm extremely blessed...:)

Nowadays I prefer to do stuff for my family and close friends, then receive any kind of gifts...:)
You and I seem to have had very similar types of surgery. Eight yrs ago this month I had open heart, and six weeks ago neck surgery. I constantly remind myself how blessed I am to be alive.
Merry Christmas to all. I pray that our world will realize,with out God it won’t be long and all be lost.

Christmas is a difficult thing to deal with as I have out lived most of my cadre but everyday I give thanks for my wife of 30 years as she is on oxygen 24/7 and I am blessed to be able to have the honor of being her sole caretaker and both of us know that tomorrow is never give. Our golden years are difficult but we have saved each others life more than once and I start my day with my personal talk with Creator then I ask only that I can be around to be the best for my wife and a role model for my son and daughter. If it were a thing of material wants, yes it would be nice to be able to have a new revolver but I have a quality used firearm and theres always edged weapons and there is always room for one more. My biggest wish is getting back to my home state but I have not figured that one out yet. On Christmas I contact our Sheriff's office and the city PD and thank them for the sacrifices they make over the holidays as I have done that and been there more than once myself. Last but not least I wish all of you on this forum to have blessed and safe holiday and give your loved ones a hug or a call to let them know how much you care.

Hmmm what do I want for Christmas. Oh there is always a wishlist of things I would like. Most a passing fancy some stay there until I do something about it.

But, what I want is whatever someone takes the time to think of, search out, buy and wrap. It truly is the thought that counts.

Last edited:
You and I seem to have had very similar types of surgery. Eight yrs ago this month I had open heart, and six weeks ago neck surgery. I constantly remind myself how blessed I am to be alive.
Merry Christmas to all. I pray that our world will realize,with out God it won’t be long and all be lost.
Yes sir. I had a motorcycle accident in late 2017. A distracted driver ran me over(I had all my motorcycle gear on, which saved my life. They ran a stop sign and hit me. Thank God some people stopped and told the police that the distracted driver didn't stop at the stop sign. Being a good witness can help make a big difference in someone's life. I'm thankful to those people also.).

12 titanium screws in my neck. 2 more screws in my left ankle, and some internal injuries. Almost lost my voice permanently because of the neck injury. 10 hours of surgeries, 21 long days in a hospital. I have neck pain every day. But I've learned to live with it.

The Quadruple Bypass surgery happened 2 years later and really kicked my butt(3 years ago).

With all that I still feel pretty blessed. Once you have heart surgery, every day truly is a blessing because it can be your last. It's scary some days, but as time goes on you learn to live with it. You don't have much of a choice...:) I've learned to live without pain medications, with the exception of Tylenol now and then...:) A glass of Jagermeister once a year or so, is a nice treat...:)

To this day when I see someone texting and driving, it sometimes makes me upset. Some people can't put their phone down when they drive. Some of them wind up hurting people badly or even killing them.

Distracted driving makes riding any non-car on the roadways too dangerous in my opinion. I have a couple of recumbent adult trikes. I only ride them in a park where there is no vehicle access.

I'm glad cellphones weren't around when I took all my long motorcycle trips...:) I was blessed to own and ride some pretty cool motorcycles(Harley Davidson Softail Custom, BMW K100LT, Honda Goldwing(s), Kawasaki Concours, etc, etc...:))

I believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it takes a while before we figure out the reason(s)...:)

Back