testtest

What do you want for Christmas?

Buick
Pontiac
Oldsmobile
Cadillac
The 302 Chevy engine came about for Trans-Am racing. Same as the Ford 302 Boss engine. Chrysler de-stroked the 340 engine for the same reason.

I think it was the late 70's to early 80's that GM started putting Chevy engines in all the different brands of GM makes . Before that Pontiac , Buick , Olds , And Cads all had their own engines.

The 302 Chevy engine came about for Trans-Am racing. Same as the Ford 302 Boss engine. Chrysler de-stroked the 340 engine for the same reason.

I think it was the late 70's to early 80's that GM started putting Chevy engines in all the different brands of GM makes . Before that Pontiac , Buick , Olds , And Cads all had their own engines.
I grew up driving Buick’s
Learned to drive in the family Buick LaSaber V-8 350
Owned a Buick Wildcat 455
And a Buick Centurion with a 455
Ahhh those were the days when gas was about a dollar a gallon.

I had to dig deep for this picture.
EA738B97-D767-4B2A-8128-D073045448CE.jpeg

Although they were silkscreened with basic model designation these were custom assembled and pressed to flex and react to a specific skiers weight and capabilities in specific skiing conditions.

I had to dig deep for this picture.
View attachment 33684
Although they were silkscreened with basic model designation these were custom assembled and pressed to flex and react to a specific skiers weight and capabilities in specific skiing conditions.
I bought some 190's about '81 and I was maybe 5'4 and 150#. They were fast enough for me until I got some 215's. Dang! Talk about speed! I would've got some 235's, but the 215's were fast enough for a 5'8 180# person that just pointed skis downhill and hit every mogul possible for airtime. Usually got in trouble with the ski patrol for doing that.

I bought some 190's about '81 and I was maybe 5'4 and 150#. They were fast enough for me until I got some 215's. Dang! Talk about speed! I would've got some 235's, but the 215's were fast enough for a 5'8 180# person that just pointed skis downhill and hit every mogul possible for airtime. Usually got in trouble with the ski patrol for doing that.
I skied for years after high school and made myself some custom Giant Slalom skis that I could rip the slopes up with.
I quit the day a very good friend that I had grown up with was killed on a slope in Vermont, we were skiing in a group of about 12 friends and he lost control, went off trail and hit a tree.
I never skied again.

I skied for years after high school and made myself some custom Giant Slalom skis that I could rip the slopes up with.
I quit the day a very good friend that I had grown up with was killed on a slope in Vermont, we were skiing in a group of about 12 friends and he lost control, went off trail and hit a tree.
I never skied again.
A little brother to a classmate of mine hit a tree on a skiing accident and was hospitalized then died lated from bone marrow complications. Not sure exactly what it was?

I never skied again.
Real early pic of @Keystone19250
1671327249343.gif

Yea, he can ski…….😵‍💫😵‍💫

Back