testtest

What happened last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1583254684242.jpeg

Seriously, this site has been running slow at times the past couple of days

Last edited:
I have not noticed anything on my end here, but I'll do some digging and see if we can identify any issues. Have you all noticed it any other time apart from last night?

This was the only site I lost connection with from my end. Had no problems going anywhere else. That's why I brought it up.

It was working fine then one moment next I got error messages saying I couldn't connect with here. Tried many times for a couple of hours before going to bed.

We did some digging, and we can't find any outages in the uptime reporting or any issues/errors on the server last night. We were thinking that it might be possible that part of the internet backbone had an issue connecting you to the site based on your geographic location. Let us know if it happens again and we'll see if we can track a pattern on it.

We did some digging, and we can't find any outages in the uptime reporting or any issues/errors on the server last night. We were thinking that it might be possible that part of the internet backbone had an issue connecting you to the site based on your geographic location. Let us know if it happens again and we'll see if we can track a pattern on it.

OK. Strange that I could go everywhere else except here once it blinked out.

Mike, it’s real slow for me here in Ohio, now when I select “like” it asks me if I want to do the action, then I have to confirm it, it’s never done that since I joined, it took almost 2 minutes just to log in.

OK. Strange that I could go everywhere else except here once it blinked out.

Sometimes there may be as many as 20-30 network hops that have to happen for you to connect to a site. If some of the intermediary connection(s) go down, the site can go down for you but the rest of the internet can continue function, except for sites that have to go through those particular hops. I'm guessing something like that happened last night, and may still be ongoing.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I have double checked all the reports on our end as well as the server health and all looks good there. Unfortunately it appears this is an issue with the larger internet and we will have to wait out the problems.

Sometimes there may be as many as 20-30 network hops that have to happen for you to connect to a site. If some of the intermediary connection(s) go down, the site can go down for you but the rest of the internet can continue function, except for sites that have to go through those particular hops. I'm guessing something like that happened last night, and may still be ongoing.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I have double checked all the reports on our end as well as the server health and all looks good there. Unfortunately it appears this is an issue with the larger internet and we will have to wait out the problems.

Thanks for the update & no need to apologize.

Not your fault, and as you describe something happened elsewhere.

Just glad the site wasn't having the problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back