testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

Hi,

Wow! That's cute! I don't think anyone will ever catch up to @BET7. ;)

I just ordered four Bulgarian AK-47 steel-lined polymer mags for my WASR-10, delivered for $56 from Gunmagwarehouse. Did I do OK? There are soooooo many AK magazines out there. I'm always looking for the "bang for your buck" deal.

View attachment 53650

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
If they are polymer exterior/steel lined interior...you'll know if you did ok when you test them. I saw some "surplus" Serb steel mags for $10 ea someplace, ordered them. They came packed in cosmoline. After soaking in mineral spirits over night, it took 3 hours of scrubbing to get rid of that horrible stuff. The scrubbing took off most of the coating, so now they rust unless I keep them dripping in oil. I might just toss them in the trash. No surplus mags for me anymore. I love the factory Zastava mags, but they're a little pricey.

I now buy the 100% polymer mags from Battlehawk Armory for $4.99 ea, no cosmoline, and they work flawlessly (and are lightweight to boot.) I got a Zastava ZPAP M70 with a folding triangle stock. Great rifle. Have fun with yours!

Last edited:
Hi,

If they are polymer exterior/steel lined interior...you'll know if you did ok when you test them. I saw some "surplus" Serb steel mags for $10 ea someplace, ordered them. They came packed in cosmoline. After soaking in mineral spirits over night, it took 3 hours of scrubbing to get rid of that horrible stuff. The scrubbing took off most of the coating, so now they rust unless I keep them dripping in oil. I might just toss them in the trash. No surplus mags for me anymore. I love the factory Zastava mags, but they're a little pricey.

I now buy the 100% polymer mags from Battlehawk Armory for $4.99 ea, no cosmoline, and they work flawlessly (and are lightweight to boot.) I got a Zastava ZPAP M70 with a folding triangle stock. Great rifle. Have fun with yours!

I don't want to get too O.T. but wanted to say thanks for your AK mag recommendation (THESE?). If I need more I'll give them a try. I bought the Bulgy mags because they were on the "Best of" list of a review website I like and trust (HERE). Regardless, I guess this is part of the "live and learn" process for this old noob. ;)

BassCliff

Bought a green and pink set of holster and mag holder, much easier to holster when it's not black on black. Etsy, Every Day Kydex. Had the height trimmed to be less "pokey".Bright - but I wear a bodysuit to protect skin and vest,etc. over it. Eclipse 2.0 I like but too high, and again black on black. Has anyone spray-painted Kydex?

Attachments

• Appt.1.jpg
    Appt.1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

Bought a green and pink set of holster and mag holder, much easier to holster when it's not black on black. Etsy, Every Day Kydex. Had the height trimmed to be less "pokey".Bright - but I wear a bodysuit to protect skin and vest,etc. over it. Eclipse 2.0 I like but too high, and again black on black. Has anyone spray-painted Kydex?

I like your blade too. :)

I've never tried to paint my holsters but any time I've put any kind of color on any other plastic material it wears off, even if it sticks well.

BassCliff

I bet you could find a Cerakote dealer and have the holster done in any color you want ?? I know XDman on here does cerakote

My Ruger 1911 5" lightweight .45 comes in today. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! They've been selling as fast as they can make them. I talked to the guy who did a lot of the testing on them at the factory a while back. If I could have bought one that day, I would have. He said he would shoot 5k rounds per day and cool it off every 100 rounds. Two guys were loading mags for him. I like to shoot, but that sounds like work...........

I called and they were excellent CS.
Person looked at my receipt info thru my email address submission.
Approved it and I got them within 4 days
I just got off the phone with them about an hour ago. Yep, they were excellent CS, for sure! Turns out they had sent the code but it had ended up in my spam file. I am so brain dead after work some days that I probably deleted it. They resent it with me on the line. I put in my order for mags (and a couple of other things.. :cool:) and now Bella is a happy camper!

Back