testtest

What I Do Works

David feral is a great description of these mutts, the sad part is Louisville is so bent on reform they probably just got out of jail and thought they would keep doing what they keep getting away with. The current society created this situation and it’s law abiding citizens that suffer the fall out.
I’m glad you talk to your family it worries me that these morons pray on women.
Yes, Sir. I have fond memories of visits to Louisville when I was stationed at Fort Knox in the late 90s. What a beautiful state.

Glad you are ok. Horrible what is becoming of our society. "Nice" to actually hear about it from one of us "normal" people and not hyped through the media. I find myself playing that same event over and over in my head. I constantly struggle with the decision to draw or draw and fire....Keep it in the holster until you truly feel you need it and if it comes out, there's only one option. Still not sure what I would do in that exact situation...I struggle with this. Certainly the best outcome we could have expected but what IF they had pulled the trigger in mid-sentence. Really glad it and you came out the way it did!!!!!!!
I just brushed up on the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to ensure I am familiar with the legal options available to me in this state.

"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

I just brushed up on the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to ensure I am familiar with the legal options available to me in this state.

"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible
I'm with you! My concern is not so much legality. MI is pretty much the same. Really no issue in my mind about using deadly force against an actual threat or perceived threat. Just the thought of taking someone else's life, no matter how much of douche bag they are. What IF, just the threat would have stopped the attack............... Hard, I think, to simulate that to be able to do a good analysis/plan. Easy to talk it...tough to live it as Keystone19250 did. I hope I don't hesitate and die.........

Yikes @Keystone19250, scary stuff. I’m glad you came away safe. I don’t know how I would have reacted to that situation (hopefully the same as you). But please remember that if it goes down differently and they get the jump surprising you, give them the truck. Personal property isn’t worth your life. Stay safe my friend.

Yikes @Keystone19250, scary stuff. I’m glad you came away safe. I don’t know how I would have reacted to that situation (hopefully the same as you). But please remember that if it goes down differently and they get the jump surprising you, give them the truck. Personal property isn’t worth your life. Stay safe my friend.
I understand what your saying Bet but I refuse to give up what I have worked hard for, I will admit some of today was luck that this group backed down quickly however I feel confident that my awareness of the possible threat and my quick actions prevented this from going bad.
That being said it’s been mentioned many times that we all run through scenarios in our minds but almost never get involved in one, no Bullets flew today and that’s the best outcome as I never want to take a life however I’ve always said “that if” I would go home.
I’m blessed today I did.

"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."
Kentucky has the same definition of self defensive actions and I would have been justified today to use deadly force, I’m glad I didn’t have to.

I understand what your saying Bet but I refuse to give up what I have worked hard for, I will admit some of today was luck that this group backed down quickly however I feel confident that my awareness of the possible threat and my quick actions prevented this from going bad.
That being said it’s been mentioned many times that we all run through scenarios in our minds but almost never get involved in one, no Bullets flew today and that’s the best outcome as I never want to take a life however I’ve always said “that if” I would go home.
I’m blessed today I did.
Your heart rate return to normal, yet?

Really do appreciate you sharing and giving us all a chance to comment and think more about what we would do.

Glad everything worked out in the best possible way (e.g., no shots fired, going home safely). Note. I park the same way and stress the importance of situational awareness to my family.

Tom Gresham of GunTalk described these types of criminals as feral, which I understand growing up on a farm. Some might further describe these individuals as "beyond the control of rules, regulations, and accepted norms."
Or just savage!

Back