testtest

What Is Springfield Armory Up To Now?

Marketing a new M1 Garand would be nice, but I suspect there would be an equally lucrative market in M1 parts made to military specs. There are lots of M1's out there in need of replacement parts, and the supply of GI parts has dwindled down. Ruger's Mini 14 offers a M1 carbine like rifle but in an updated caliber that isn't impossible to find. I imagine that CZ is busy designing new guns to add to the Colt line, but Springfield could get a big jump on the competition by offering a Hi-Power design in .45 cal. or 357 Sig.

using Kremlinology
Maybe bringing back the m1 Garand? Thats the closest thing to the M1 thats leaning on the bench.
something By Browning….his portrait is on the wall.
The clock says 1935?
looks like a pistol grip to the right of the gunsmith, revolver grips?
Using those clues, it’d likely be the Gran Puissance M.1935…or GP35.

Aka the Browning High Power.

I’d be on board. Also would like to see a nice M1 Carbine (even though Springfield never built any).

Also would like to see a nice M1 Carbine (even though Springfield never built any).
That's odd. I have an M1 Carbine clearly marked "Springfield Armory." (Okay, it's CO2 powered and shoots BBs.) ;)

SAM1Carbine03.jpg

I'm hoping for the Hi-Power for now. I'd be more interested in buying one from Springfield than I would be one of the Turkish clones, but I'm not above picking up a Turkish model if the price is right. I'd definitely like many of the rifle configurations that others have mentioned, but I think it will be awhile before I can consistently find ammo in anything other than 9mm or .223/5.56. Anything produced in another caliber would see very limited action from me for the near future.

I'm hoping for the Hi-Power for now. I'd be more interested in buying one from Springfield than I would be one of the Turkish clones, but I'm not above picking up a Turkish model if the price is right. I'd definitely like many of the rifle configurations that others have mentioned, but I think it will be awhile before I can consistently find ammo in anything other than 9mm or .223/5.56. Anything produced in another caliber would see very limited action from me for the near future.
.45 ACP is readily available.

.45 ACP is readily available.
I've heard that, but I haven't seen any on store shelves in my area for quite some time. I check my local Academy several times a week because it is very close to our church. The store has a huge stock of .223/5.56 and gets weekly shipments of 9mm and 12 gauge birdshot. .380 ACP .22 LR and .22 WMR show up from time to time, but .45 ACP, .38 Special, and .357 MAG just aren't coming in at all. I'm not completely opposed to buying online, but it would require a good enough price to justify shipping charges.

I've heard that, but I haven't seen any on store shelves in my area for quite some time. I check my local Academy several times a week because it is very close to our church. The store has a huge stock of .223/5.56 and gets weekly shipments of 9mm and 12 gauge birdshot. .380 ACP .22 LR and .22 WMR show up from time to time, but .45 ACP, .38 Special, and .357 MAG just aren't coming in at all. I'm not completely opposed to buying online, but it would require a good enough price to justify shipping charges.
SG Ammo has the best shipping prices. Most places give free shipping if you buy in bulk though.

Same here in SW Oklahoma.

Getting back to the OP…
I am seeing stuff on other websites that what Spgfld is up to may indeed be the Browning Hi Power.
Anyone heard anything definitive yet ??

Back