testtest

what kind of snake is this???

powerboatr

Professional
anyone know what kind it is? other than a DEAD one :)
this morning this little dude crept up on me from behind , while i was standing on the porch. i turned to let MS. Dog in and there he was..striking, coiling up, striking etc,
so i told dog to back up and she went for a stroll around the perimeter of the yard while i wrestled this guy
i shooshed him off the porch into the flowers and he charged right back, i mean CHARGED and was striking and swole his head in a the viper diamond shape. i shooshed him again and he curled up and started the striking and aggressive actions again and once more slithered at me in a speedy manner. so once more i swept him into the lillies and held him down with the broom and put ms dog in the house.

as soon as i let up, he came at me again. so i backed up a few feet and swept him again.... this time he returned fire striking and slithering fast ... so sweep he goes into the flowers and i run and get spade. Chop in half

normally i let snakes go about the day un harmed
we get rat snakes, blind pine snakes and other racers.. but this guy looks like a copper head variant or ???? his rear tail area is fat then abruptly goes thin like a baby rattler???

Attachments

• 20231020_104202.jpg
    20231020_104202.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • 20231020_122108.jpg
    20231020_122108.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
he must have been having a bad day...
crap , i hate killing snakes
this one at the hog lease was easy to identify..in the tree...still stopped me in my tracks

I hate killing snakes too. I have relocated countless Copperheads rather than kill them. I once punched a friend of mine right in his mouth, very hard, after I saw him pick up a large rock and smash 2 Copperheads coiled together sunning on a rock.

Back