testtest

What sort of a optic should I put on a SAINT Victor 5.56?

KingDiamond

Operator
Founding Member
What do you guys think? This is a SAINT Victor I have in my sights and am thinking about buying, but not sure of an optic. It's got irons, but I will want to put an optic on it. I'm thinking of it as a mid-range at most carbine, so I'm thinking a low power optic. Any suggestions on power, fixed or variable, brands, etc? I don't want to break the bank on the optic since I'll be spending a good amount on the rifle.

Thanks!

First mistake some people make is over scoping their rifle. In other words, no reason to have a scope that will range a thousand yards if your ammo is designed to only shoot 600 meters. And some people can't make a shot at 300 yards or further because their skill set is just not there. So no need for a thousand yard scope. Some people don't need a magnified optic because they are only going to shoot a hundred yards.
There are so many great optics out there, that you will get flooded with responses from what people recommend, and rightfully so. It's hard to limit your optics to just "One good optic." Anyway.... So if you are 100 yards and under I would use a Holosun HE510C-GR Elite. It's a green dot optic that also has solar panels to run the optic if your battery goes down. If your 100-500 yards I would use a Swampfox Optics Arrowhead 1-10x24 this would enable you to shoot both eyes open at close range targets and shoot out to 5-6 hundred yards as well. Not many places to shoot further than that. There will be some difference in opinion on this I am sure. But... I am confident you are pointed in the right direction.

First mistake some people make is over scoping their rifle. In other words, no reason to have a scope that will range a thousand yards if your ammo is designed to only shoot 600 meters. And some people can't make a shot at 300 yards or further because their skill set is just not there. So no need for a thousand yard scope. Some people don't need a magnified optic because they are only going to shoot a hundred yards.
There are so many great optics out there, that you will get flooded with responses from what people recommend, and rightfully so. It's hard to limit your optics to just "One good optic." Anyway.... So if you are 100 yards and under I would use a Holosun HE510C-GR Elite. It's a green dot optic that also has solar panels to run the optic if your battery goes down. If your 100-500 yards I would use a Swampfox Optics Arrowhead 1-10x24 this would enable you to shoot both eyes open at close range targets and shoot out to 5-6 hundred yards as well. Not many places to shoot further than that. There will be some difference in opinion on this I am sure. But... I am confident you are pointed in the right direction.
This guy does his homework!👍

Purpose drives the gear train. :)

What's your intended purpose, @KingDiamond ?

You noted above that you don't want to spend too much - that's a bit vague, though, as none of us have the same idea of what that might be (and neither do our significant others!)....what's your dollar range?

Does this dollar range include the mount?

For me it would be either a RDS or an LPVO.
Fwiw, primary arms is running a good sale on the Trijicon Accupower 1-4x
I have one in the green segmented bdc reticle. These are great optics for the price, but you need to determine your real world use for the rifle first, and base your decision on the optics that suit that need.

What do you guys think? This is a SAINT Victor I have in my sights and am thinking about buying, but not sure of an optic. It's got irons, but I will want to put an optic on it. I'm thinking of it as a mid-range at most carbine, so I'm thinking a low power optic. Any suggestions on power, fixed or variable, brands, etc? I don't want to break the bank on the optic since I'll be spending a good amount on the rifle.

Thanks!
We would all like to help narrow down some sight options but you need to give us some more idea of what your looking for.

Trijicon, can never go wrong there.

I have a ROMEO5 on an AR, works fine.

Suggest you always have the irons available as back up no matter what you mount.

I prefer red color dot........I'm in a green (trees/ bushes/turf) environment.

Also pay attention to the MOA of the dot you order, will make a difference in shot placement/accuracy.

Does not sound to me like you need magnification.

Thanks!
What is your budget and shooting intentions (range toy, ranch/farm use or self defense) for your rifle?

If you go Romeo MSR Primary Arms has it on sale for $89.99 w/ free shipping.

Thanks!
See above post if you go RDS and you are looking for something less expensive, otherwise i'd recommend looking at Vortex for either RDS or LPVO, Great product with lifetime warranty for a very good price.

Also, King Diamond rules. Don't see too many fans of him out there. Rock on brother.
Mercyful Fate too

Range gun or do you plan to use it as part of a self defense plan? If the latter, Sig Romeo 5. If the former maybe look at a Primary Arms LPVO. Or a Romeo 5 and a flip magnifier as a solid compromise.

The Vortex strike eagle maybe worth a look. You can get one on palmetto State armory right now for $250 with a code thats listed on the site. The scope also includes an off set cantilever mount.
I love the LPVO optics on my ARs. Allows them to perform a multitude of different tasks.

1x for close in stuff and adjust as the range increases.

This is a good optic. I have the 1x8 version of it.

Back