testtest

Whatcha Watching?

It's not "47 Ronin," it's just Ronin, if we're talking about the same thing.

I just started watching it again. Gotta get in one more viewing before the end of the month. Who knows when I'll get to see it again? ;)
Gonna watch Ronin tonight. Right now I am into Fargo S5 E6. Weird as all get out, but it's coming together.. :cool:

Watched the Denzel Washington movie Flight. Very much enjoyed it for a number of reasons.

Then I saw the Barbie movie. Wasn't what I expected, but then, I wasn't sure what to expect. Thought it was very entertaining--it's a scathing sendup of modern America on a number of levels, several of which I thought were hilarious; others, not so much. I probably won't watch it again, but I'm not sorry I spent the time to watch it once.

Oh, I watched Ronin again (sixth or seventh time? I've lost count) and enjoyed it even more, the mark of an EXCELLENT movie. I hope to see it again before it goes off MAX at the end of the month. Also watched Blood and Gold for the second time. Didn't enjoy it quite as much the second time, but still enjoyed it quite a lot and will probably watch it again at some point.

Watched Joe Kidd (which I hadn't seen in at least 40 years) and liked that too. Also saw Gran Torino for at least the third or fourth time and enjoyed that a lot again, too. That's a really excellent movie. ;)
Flight is a hidden gem. Glad you liked it.

Might start Everything, Everywhere All at Once tonight. The trailers looked pretty good and I like Michelle Yeoh.
My mini review: I tried, I really tried to like this but could only get a little over halfway through. On the plus side, it has some of the finest acting I've ever seen. Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan (Shortround from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom all grown up), and Jamie Lee Curtis were superb. While I get the concept of a multiverse, this was lightning fast scenes, confusing, flashing subtitles and taking a heck of a long time getting around to the point. Maybe a 17 year old would enjoy it.

Back