testtest

Whatcha Watching?

Just finished the Japanese Grand Prix. I do love that track.

I saw a proposed partial schedule for next year. They may open with Australia next year, then Japan, then China.
I don’t know if it will happen that way, but it beats starting in the Mideast. Or going there at all.

Since my last report, I finished Citizen Kane. Greatest Film of All Time? I don't see it, though I do recognize that there were a number of then-groundbreaking cinematic techniques seen for the first time here.

Also wrapped up the TWD sequel The Ones Who Live with Rick and Michonne. Overall, a big silly waste of time with many, MANY sharks jumped along the way. Interesting to see Jadis and Father Gabriel again. A few interesting moments, and Terry O'Quinn was fun as always, but the juice was hardly worth the squeeze, as they say.

Watched Leave the World Behind on Netflix. One of the better "doomsday" movies I've seen, and doesn't go at all as you might be expecting. Pretty cool.

Saw a few good comedies: How to Be Single, It's Kind of a Funny Story, The Out-Laws, and What to Expect When You're Expecting. The latter especially had some hilarious moments and I wasn't expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

Judge Steve Harvey is back on Hulu, and fabulous as always.

Since my last report, I finished Citizen Kane. Greatest Film of All Time? I don't see it, though I do recognize that there were a number of then-groundbreaking cinematic techniques seen for the first time here.

Also wrapped up the TWD sequel The Ones Who Live with Rick and Michonne. Overall, a big silly waste of time with many, MANY sharks jumped along the way. Interesting to see Jadis and Father Gabriel again. A few interesting moments, and Terry O'Quinn was fun as always, but the juice was hardly worth the squeeze, as they say.

Watched Leave the World Behind on Netflix. One of the better "doomsday" movies I've seen, and doesn't go at all as you might be expecting. Pretty cool.

Saw a few good comedies: How to Be Single, It's Kind of a Funny Story, The Out-Laws, and What to Expect When You're Expecting. The latter especially had some hilarious moments and I wasn't expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

Judge Steve Harvey is back on Hulu, and fabulous as always.
There are many movies which have been dubbed "classics" that I would not put in that category. Granted, it's in the eye of the beholder, but some just don't rise to that level. In fact, you've given me an idea. A series of movie reviews demoting the so-called classics and promoting some which are unappreciated classics. Hold the presses!

Back