testtest

What's going on at Springfield Armory??

62strat

Alpha
I placed an order for grips for my 1911 on 3/1. They were in stock when I ordered but I haven't heard anything from them. I can't get through on the phone and the email address keeps bouncing. Does anyone have any idea what's going on over there?
I'm a patient man but this inability to contact, find information or receive any kind of an update is very frustrating.
Thanks!

Springfield’s system went down earlier this week effecting phones, emails and database. They are working diligently to get the systems fixed as soon as possible. I will let everyone here know when they are back on line. Thank you for your patience.

Anyone else been trying to reach the warranty line (or even get an email response)? I've been getting a message the past 4 days that they're "Experiencing technical difficulties, please try your call again later". Not what you want to hear when your EDC is sitting in the safe because it's not working like it should.

Anyone else been trying to reach the warranty line (or even get an email response)? I've been getting a message the past 4 days that they're "Experiencing technical difficulties, please try your call again later". Not what you want to hear when your EDC is sitting in the safe because it's not working like it should.

I called Springfield over a week ago to explain a racking problem with my XD supcompact 9mm, and since it is under waranty they advised sending it back to them. I received an email with all the shipping info, sent the firearm and right away their system crashes. I thought it was just massive fraud and since I sent them a registered firearm I thought the worst. They really need to rethink their server situation. I sought advice on this matter and was advised to call law enforcement because my CCW licensed firearm was out in who-knows-where land and there was absolutely no way to contact Springfield. Not a good feeling. After reading these posts I decided to wait and see what happens.

A Microsoft hack went into effect last week worldwide. 1000’s of companies got hacked. We got hacked as well at our company. Maybe SA was part of the worldwide hack.

I called Springfield over a week ago to explain a racking problem with my XD supcompact 9mm, and since it is under waranty they advised sending it back to them. I received an email with all the shipping info, sent the firearm and right away their system crashes. I thought it was just massive fraud and since I sent them a registered firearm I thought the worst. They really need to rethink their server situation. I sought advice on this matter and was advised to call law enforcement because my CCW licensed firearm was out in who-knows-where land and there was absolutely no way to contact Springfield. Not a good feeling. After reading these posts I decided to wait and see what happens.
What address did you send it to? Was it the same one thats on the website & manual?

I ordered a Waypoint 6.5 creedmoor from a local dealer 2 months ago. I emailed Springfield 3 times and no response. Then I called 3 weeks ago and the lady on the phone did not have a clue when it would be available. I asked to talk to production manger and she said no. She said some time this spring maybe which is a long time frame. Then I called again last week and the phones are messed up. I am concerned about this company I have been a Tikka/Sako guy and might have to go back and forget waypoint. What is the deal with this company? Very poor customer service. I’m afraid if something goes wrong with my gun they will never help me. Does anyone else struggle to get help?

I ordered a Waypoint 6.5 creedmoor from a local dealer 2 months ago. I emailed Springfield 3 times and no response. Then I called 3 weeks ago and the lady on the phone did not have a clue when it would be available. I asked to talk to production manger and she said no. She said some time this spring maybe which is a long time frame. Then I called again last week and the phones are messed up. I am concerned about this company I have been a Tikka/Sako guy and might have to go back and forget waypoint. What is the deal with this company? Very poor customer service. I’m afraid if something goes wrong with my gun they will never help me. Does anyone else struggle to get help?
You do realize that Springfield doesn’t ship directly to your dealer, right?

You need to go back to your dealer, they buy stock from the distributors. If they took your money already thats a shame since they know damn well everything is out of stock. When I log into my distributors I can click under the category rifles and then click in stock only......literally I have more fingers than they have guns available. This is at distributors that normally have tens of thousands of firearms available to dealers.

You find me the carbon barrel no adjustable cheek piece ridge line color for 2099 I’ll buy. I saw these on gun broker and they bid them up way past that. Then there is shipping and FFL costs.

You find me the carbon barrel no adjustable cheek piece ridge line color for 2099 I’ll buy. I saw these on gun broker and they bid them up way past that. Then there is shipping and FFL costs.
It’s kind of like the old saying when you go to get your car fixed:

You can have it fast, you can have it good, or you can have it cheap. Pick two.

In this case, you can have it now, you can have it with the options you want, or you can have it for MSRP. Pick two.

And Springfield is making all the rifles they can. Your dealer probably isn’t a big enough buyer to get one from their distributor.

Michael, just a point of fact here is that you bought from/dealt with your LGS, not Springfield Armory. That being the case, maybe you're putting the fault on the wrong folks. Every dealer in the country knows that supplies in general are limited, and even he deals with distributors rather than SA directly, yet he chose to take your money for a pretty much 'special ordered' rifle with a particular finish at a pretty particular price when in all likelihood he knew, or should have known there would be a significant delay in delivery. Just out of curiosity did the dealer give you an estimated delivery day?

I'm not suggesting the LGS has done anything wrong, but certainly neither has SA. I'll say that in every case I've ever had of dealing directly with SA, it's been responsible and reasonable every time. We all know how disappointing it can be when we're wanting a particular item, think we've cornered the market on a great deal, and then it doesn't quite happen the way we'd like.

Just something to think about buddy. Here's hoping it all works out for you in a hurry !!! (y) (y) (y)

Back