testtest

What's On Your Wish List for 2024?

My main wish would be to just be able to buy ammo again. Tired of all the NYers coming over and buying it all

Gun wise.

I want a better scope for my hunting rilfle. Something in the $200-$300 range.

I would LOVE Kimber to come out witht the KDS9 in a full size instead of the compat. I want either that or a Prodigy. But neither are in my budget unfortunately.

Realistically, I am really leaning towards picking up an Echelon.

And I keep going back to wanting to pick up the G44 as a good affordable training gun.

Changed my mind.
Thinking my first Martin. 😁
IMG_8728.jpeg

If I may pick your brain. What do you know or think about Taylor?
I’ve been playing a Seagull now for a couple of years and wanted to upgrade.
They are pretty highly regarded. Most of the comparisons I have seen between Martin and Taylor draw conclusions that could easily be the exact opposite if they were made with different models of each or either. Both Taylor and Martin make a wide array of different models. Different sizes, different woods, bracing, body styles. I hear people say Martins have more of the classical sound and Taylor more modern, but I think that's far too general an observation. I'm quite sure there is a model of each or either that would satisfy most players. I have only ever played a few ( Martins and Taylors) they had at my local GC and while some of them were nice enough, to me the juice didn't seem worth the squeeze if you catch my drift.

You should not mistake my lack of, eh, enthusiasm for Martin as an indictment. I'm nobody special. I'm a guy who more often than not can be found with a beater $300 Ibanez AE-10 strung up with EB Slinkys, tuned to some F'ed up open tuning, which I set up to have ridiculously low action.

I think if you are going to treat yourself to a really great guitar, you owe it to yourself to play some Martins, some Taylors and some Gibsons. As many as you can get your hands on. Let your ears and your fingers be the judge. For the record, when I record I usually use an old Ovation or a Epiphone EJ-160.

It's a pretty safe bet if you got your hands on a D-28 you would like it very much.

They are pretty highly regarded. Most of the comparisons I have seen between Martin and Taylor draw conclusions that could easily be the exact opposite if they were made with different models of each or either. Both Taylor and Martin make a wide array of different models. Different sizes, different woods, bracing, body styles. I hear people say Martins have more of the classical sound and Taylor more modern, but I think that's far too general an observation. I'm quite sure there is a model of each or either that would satisfy most players. I have only ever played a few ( Martins and Taylors) they had at my local GC and while some of them were nice enough, to me the juice didn't seem worth the squeeze if you catch my drift.

You should not mistake my lack of, eh, enthusiasm for Martin as an indictment. I'm nobody special. I'm a guy who more often than not can be found with a beater $300 Ibanez AE-10 strung up with EB Slinkys, tuned to some F'ed up open tuning, which I set up to have ridiculously low action.

I think if you are going to treat yourself to a really great guitar, you owe it to yourself to play some Martins, some Taylors and some Gibsons. As many as you can get your hands on. Let your ears and your fingers be the judge. For the record, when I record I usually use an old Ovation or a Epiphone EJ-160.

It's a pretty safe bet if you got your hands on a D-28 you would like it very much.
Thanks for the input. It’s much appreciated.
I agree , definitely pick up and play as many as possible. I have seen some beautiful guitars only to pick up and play and it sounded like rubber bands slapping around.
It’s really hard to say and I’ll know once it’s on my hands.

I took care of most of my wants in 2023 - so, I'm pretty good right now -
(Looking back, my 2023 was pretty ridiculous in firearms and suppressor acquisitions.)

Wants -
Sig P229 Legion SAO
Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol

Things to liquidate -
TX 22 (keep the compact)
Maybe a P320 (or 2?)

Well..........................
That happened a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Saturday 1/6 - sold a P320 Scorpion (non-custom works release) and the TX22 (full size)
I hadn't even put these out to my network. A contractor doing work on our house - got into a conversation about guns the week before. He asked if I had anything I was wanting to sell. (Had to internally confirm I was ready to move the scorpion) He bought both. Sold a couple guns and made a new friend.

Monday 1/8 - ordered Sig P229 SAO from my LGS. (Should be here by tomorrow??? Maybe today?)

Last edited:
looking at the names, I can imagine. Personally, I wouldn't be offended. While my faith is important to be and I love my church, I am not a whiny little boy who gets offended by everything
I was not going to make a joke about your religion. Had something to do with your pastor's spending. No way did I want to offend you.

I was not going to make a joke about your religion. Had something to do with your pastor's spending. No way did I want to offend you.
No worries. Appreciate that. I'm not the type that gets easily offended because I really don't care what people think

As far as his spending, I know it would seme crazy for a Pastor to have an $8000 guitar. If I remember right, it was gifted to him.

He has 2 vehicles, one is like 20 years old and one is like 10. They have a 3 bedroom house and he makes less than I do. Definitely not one of those guys who are becoming rich off the church. Personally I hate the pastors flying on private jets and such

Back