testtest

What’s the Best Distance to Zero Your Rifle

50yd zero on my AR15's using an Eotech XPS2. Closer than 50 just wrap the big circle on center mass and go bang.

I love the holo sight because astigmatism. With glasses on the holo is super crisp.

Good article on what is the best distance to zero your rifle, I usually do mine at 1” high at 100 yards.

This is exactly what I was looking for to convert a 25-yard zero to 36 yards for my Saint. Thanks, Anni!

My Remington Model 700 in .30-06 was sighted in on a 100-yard range for a 200-yard zero based on bullet weight and associated drop charts. I want to say it was 2" high firing a 185 gr Core-Lokt soft point.

The 36-yard zero is very common in military circles... Ask any Marine.

If shooting an M4 or Civilian AR out to 300 yards, no other zero will give you a tighter cluster of hits at every range in between.

Here is a nice test video of the 36-yard zero:

Another good review:

Great write-up from this very site:
Good info, thanks.

Good article. My high caliber hunting rifles are zeroe's at different distances. If memory serves one is 300 yards and the others are 100 yards. My AR-15 (Carbine) is 50/200.
I zero my Ar-15s the same, 50/200. It seemed to make the most sense for the ballistics of the round, did a lot of reading and research on it, consulted a lot of sources. Lots of opinion but a 50/200 yard zero seemed to make the most sense.

Be sure to verify by actually printing downrange at your preferred zero distance.

Individual-gun-to-gun variability can make for significant deviations in what you may see "by the books" calculated numerical data.
Understood.

Back