testtest

What’s the XD Mod.2?

Nice post. Thanks Mike.
@David N. about the triggers, I had to send an XDE back for service and asked if the trigger could be tweaked. I would have like the initial pull to be lightened up a bit. No joy. They were pretty adamant that they wouldn't touch it.

Nice post. Thanks Mike.
@David N. about the triggers, I had to send an XDE back for service and asked if the trigger could be tweaked. I would have like the initial pull to be lightened up a bit. No joy. They were pretty adamant that they wouldn't touch it.
In my opinion, the XD Mod.2 trigger is superior to the XD-S Mod.2 trigger. It has less stacking before it breaks.

I have no experience with other Springfield XD models, but my XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Service Model ( 4") is a great gun. Straight out of the box 1.5" groups at 20 yards. The trigger is as good as any other striker except the Walther PPQ/Q5 and possibly the H&Ks ( which I haven't tried). 13+1 in the gun and a spare 13 rd. mag in my front pocket right now.

3OegUaa.jpg

Good info. I have no knowledge of the XD models so can't compare. I do have an XD-S Mod 2 that I don't think the trigger is any worse than any of my others.

Most of my strikers could use a trigger job. They aren't terrible, but being an old 1911 guy my opinion of striker triggers in general is not that great. I have them ranked in the order I will drop in Apex parts or other aftermarket kits. The XD is the last one on this list. The first ones will be the M&Ps.

That said, none of them are absolutely terrible and all of them are carry guns so I am not in any big rush to do anything to them. So far all my strikers are stock except I put a Vortex Venom on the Q.

I just bought a .45 Mod.2 subcompact from PSA. I’ve always wanted one and I worry they may also die off.

I now have an XD .45 compact, XDm Elite 4.5, and this new subcompact. I may buy PRP triggers for the two XD.

I also have a 911 .380, mil-spec Defender 1911, and a stainless Range Officer with adjustable sight.

And a Saint 5.56 with floating barrel, pre-Edge. And a .308 Victor. Both have Vortex scopes.

Lots of SA guns. I like them!

I absolutely love my XD Mod2. The only modification I had done is a slide milling for a Vortex Venom. I've put about 10k rounds and still fires like it's brand new. The trigger pull in mine feels like it was finely tuned. My friend who heavily mods his glocks actually likes my XD, and apologized for calling it garbage. He's still tying to buy it from me.

Attachments

• 20200117_211545.jpg
    20200117_211545.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 322
Back