testtest

What’s Wrong with the Hellcat?

Have had mine for a few months now, added a SwampFox Optics red dot, and haven't found ANY issue with it at all. A friend has a 9mm from another manufacturer, and purchased some ammo online that his pistol would absolutely NOT load or eject without manual input. I took that same ammo and shot every round with no issues. That's good enough for me . . .

Have had mine for a few months now, added a SwampFox Optics red dot, and haven't found ANY issue with it at all. A friend has a 9mm from another manufacturer, and purchased some ammo online that his pistol would absolutely NOT load or eject without manual input. I took that same ammo and shot every round with no issues. That's good enough for me . . .
So, I guess you got some free ammo?

I wear an XL glove, and have no problem holding the Hellcat. I had to alter my grip a bit because my strong thumb was tripping the mag release - I moved my thumbs a bit, no more problem (and curling my pinky under the mag kept it from dropping when I did trip the release, and I was able to finish emptying the mag anyway!).

I wear an XL glove, and have no problem holding the Hellcat. I had to alter my grip a bit because my strong thumb was tripping the mag release - I moved my thumbs a bit, no more problem (and curling my pinky under the mag kept it from dropping when I did trip the release, and I was able to finish emptying the mag anyway!).
I’m glad that works for you, I will say that although I don’t own a HellCat and have no intention of buying one I did shoot one at my local SPB Store and Range and did not like the way it fit in my hand.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled What’s Wrong with the Hellcat? and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/whats-wrong-with-the-hellcat/.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled What’s Wrong with the Hellcat? and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/whats-wrong-with-the-hellcat/.

We had 3 Hellcats at our shop. Two for sale & one for rental. All 3 with factory irons, no red dot. The factory sights are pretty nice too, IMO. So of course I shot the rental. Not a bad shooter, tad bit snappier than my 43x. Trigger is "Meh". I personally didn't like how it felt in my hands. But that's personal to the shooter. I felt this gun was pretty over hyped & some people were expecting the next "new thing". Instead, we basically got a SoSo gun capable of a red dot & the smallest 11 round magazine out there. I'd rate this gun at a 6/10, considering the price & other options on the market. Just my 2cents

My personal thoughts here on the Hellcat, no matter what gun you buy, you can go on the innerweb and find something wrong in there eyes with it. I don’t own the Hellcat, I have shot one, it worked flawlessly, I do own the SA 911 in 9mm, if I went by what people have said about it, I wouldn’t have bought it, it to, shoots flawlessly. My opinion here, if you want to buy gun and are not sure about it, if you can, rent one and give it h3ll. My next SA purchase will be the regular version of the Hellcat, if my local gun shop gets them in, and if by any chance, there is an issue, SA will take care of it. The innerweb is a great source of information, but some will abuse this buy posting stuff just because they might not like the gun, manufacturer, or just by here say. I’m am positive that if there was any big issue with the Hellcat, SA would have done a recall on it, not like Sig did by not acknowledging there was an issue with there 320’s, just my opinion here.

If everyone loved vanilla, there wouldn't be chocolate. I've had my Hellcat OSP for about 4 months now. I have large hands. Did it require some practice and training? Yes. It took several range sessions and some snap cap dry firing at home to acquire a workable grip, slightly different from my 2 M&P's, for this pistol which became solidified as I progressed. Almost 2 months ago, I added a Shield RMSc to my Hellcat which greatly helped as far as rapid, accurate target acquisition beyond 15 yards for my "senior eyes". I am now fully confident after almost 2000 rounds, with no issues of any kind, to make this part of my EDC rotation. I realize that the Hellcat might not be the right choice for every shooter but, with the vast array of pistols on the market, I'm sure there is at least one out there to fit every shooter's needs. Hopefully, everyone will find theirs! As for me, I love my Hellcat!

Last edited:
We had 3 Hellcats at our shop. Two for sale & one for rental. All 3 with factory irons, no red dot. The factory sights are pretty nice too, IMO. So of course I shot the rental. Not a bad shooter, tad bit snappier than my 43x. Trigger is "Meh". I personally didn't like how it felt in my hands. But that's personal to the shooter. I felt this gun was pretty over hyped & some people were expecting the next "new thing". Instead, we basically got a SoSo gun capable of a red dot & the smallest 11 round magazine out there. I'd rate this gun at a 6/10, considering the price & other options on the market. Just my 2cents

So. What do you like better?

My personal thoughts here on the Hellcat, no matter what gun you buy, you can go on the innerweb and find something wrong in there eyes with it. I don’t own the Hellcat, I have shot one, it worked flawlessly, I do own the SA 911 in 9mm, if I went by what people have said about it, I wouldn’t have bought it, it to, shoots flawlessly. My opinion here, if you want to buy gun and are not sure about it, if you can, rent one and give it h3ll. My next SA purchase will be the regular version of the Hellcat, if my local gun shop gets them in, and if by any chance, there is an issue, SA will take care of it. The innerweb is a great source of information, but some will abuse this buy posting stuff just because they might not like the gun, manufacturer, or just by here say. I’m am positive that if there was any big issue with the Hellcat, SA would have done a recall on it, not like Sig did by not acknowledging there was an issue with there 320’s, just my opinion here.
So. What do you like better?
Compared to my 43x? Definitely the 43x. I'm not even a huge Glock guy. It just fits my hand perfectly & is proven to be one of the most reliable pistols ever. While I carry a Glock, it's not what I would call "very fun". If that makes sense.

I was an early adopter and got my Hellcat when it was first released. I have several XD/XDM pistols, and they are some of my favorites. Unfortunately, I have never really taken to the Hellcat. I had a couple failures to fire in the first 100 rounds with Winchester White Box, which has never given me problems in any of my other guns. It has run fine for a few hundred rounds since, but that definitely affected my confidence in the gun. The Sig P365 with the 12-round mag fits my hand perfectly, and I shoot it more accurately. I wouldn't say that the Hellcat isn't a good gun, but it's just not the gun for me.

Back