testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

Compact 1.jpg
Purchased this about 6 weeks ago and have been working it at the range. I thought I would carry it using the pinky mag but accuracy is slightly better with the 15rnd using the extension. This will probably become my primary EDC shortly, replacing the Pluses / Hellcats. This gun is a shooter and I have high confidence in it's performance. Primarily use a Muddy River Tactical for OWB and a Black Arch Protos M for IWB. Both holsters are comfortable and conceal for extended carry time. The Black Arch IWB have really grown on me after getting through a slight break in period with my first holster.

I have carried a Ruger SP101 as my EDC for many years, but of late, I am thinking of going to a semi auto for various reasons. Although I love the SP 101, in this day and age, combined with my getting older and other factors, there may be better choices for EDC. I know alot of guys that carry micro, compact, medium and large frame semi autos as their EDC. I have been fortunate enough to try many of them at the range and have asked everyone the same question....Why is this your EDC? It's obvious that there is no one "best" EDC, it depends on the person and many other factors....

I am pretty sure alot of us have experimented with EDC pistols, trying to find "the one" that is perfect for you and your situation. I know I have shot over 15 different semi autos in the last 2 months or so and have narrowed the field to a handful. I will be making my final decision soon after a bit more shooting and research....I am not one to switch between multiple handguns for seasons, area to be visited and such, so I need to consider several factors in my final decision...

Just curious, what is your "go to" EDC? Even if you have cycled through multiple choices, what one EDC do you always return to and why? Thanks for any input...
I used to carry a Glock 43. Tried a Full size PX4. Loved it. Traded my G43 for a Carry PX4. Wanted more capacity. Happy with my choice.

Attachments

• BerettaPX4.jpg
    BerettaPX4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
P365XL w/ Wilson Combat Grip module, if I need maximum concealability which is majority of the time in Texas as it's too goddamn hot.

In the "Winter" months i'll carry either my Ronin .45, or now my Prodigy.

Considering getting a shoulder holster and carrying my 92XPD just for the lulz.

I have carried a Ruger SP101 as my EDC for many years, but of late, I am thinking of going to a semi auto for various reasons. Although I love the SP 101, in this day and age, combined with my getting older and other factors, there may be better choices for EDC. I know alot of guys that carry micro, compact, medium and large frame semi autos as their EDC. I have been fortunate enough to try many of them at the range and have asked everyone the same question....Why is this your EDC? It's obvious that there is no one "best" EDC, it depends on the person and many other factors....

I am pretty sure alot of us have experimented with EDC pistols, trying to find "the one" that is perfect for you and your situation. I know I have shot over 15 different semi autos in the last 2 months or so and have narrowed the field to a handful. I will be making my final decision soon after a bit more shooting and research....I am not one to switch between multiple handguns for seasons, area to be visited and such, so I need to consider several factors in my final decision...

Just curious, what is your "go to" EDC? Even if you have cycled through multiple choices, what one EDC do you always return to and why? Thanks for any input...

Used to be S&W AirLite PD .38 Sp.

Then a Hellcat 9mm. Then 2 Hellcat's or sometimes a Glock 19.

If the dems ever outlaw semi-auto, it would be nice if S&W made an 8-shot .327 Mag lightweight scandium revolver with 3-1/2 inch barrel for CCW.

DSC08489 LLR.jpg

DSC08490 2 cut LR.jpg

What fanny pack do you recommend? I’ve been thinking about one for summer or other times when it might be convenient.
Take a look at these from Blue Alpha. They make high quality stuff.

I’ve carried my Sig P227, double stack for about twelve years now. I had a leather holster made from DM Bullard (?) in Texas and it sits and wears very comfortably. I also carry three extra mags when going to the big cities, though I go as little as possible.
I’m probably going to start carrying a Legion in 9mm as my hands aren’t as strong as they used to be. Too many years doing carpentry.

Take a look at these from Blue Alpha. They make high quality stuff.
Helicon-Tex Foxtrot mk 2 belt rig. Probably bigger than your thinking but they are rugged and carry lots of essentials

Attachments

• IMG_5154.png
    IMG_5154.png
    611.2 KB · Views: 36
Back