testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

Helicon-Tex Foxtrot mk 2 belt rig. Probably bigger than your thinking but they are rugged and carry lots of essentials

I think he was looking for something a little more low-key than that.

Eberlestock also makes a good one. I use it on occasion when IWB isn't practical for one reason or another, although it's not my preferred way to carry:

The rear pocket of the Bando has hook and loop backing, which allows you to use something like this, for a little more retention/stability:

iu

Laugh if you want but I edc a Taurus GX4. I used this gun for IDPA comps to prove it out before carrying it. Over 5000 rounds down range without a failure of any kind.
Just ordered a TORO slide and am awaiting the arrival of a Holosun 407k-gr 6moa for it.

Never considered an assortment of EDC's, but back when I began carrying I think it was with an early mod 60, 38spl. Had it on hand with the advent of getting the permit. Then sometime later found a good deal on a new KelTec PF9, and being a long time KelTec fan, I bought it and replaced the mod 60 J frame with it. Then a few years ago when the Hellcat came out, I was amused/amazed at the capacity it provided for it's size. Went to the range and tried one, liked it and bought it. After a good break in period with sever types of ammo, and a developing a considerable faith in it, I replaced the PF9 with it. The Hellcat was only a tad larger than the PF9 but gave me another 50% capacity. And I really liked that since I have fairly small hands'.

I added a Shield SMRc red dot, found a south paw OWB holster I liked, and replaced the PF9 with the Hellcat. Since then I've not found a reason to alternate my EDC. When I carry which is virtually every time I leave the house, it's my Hellcat. Each weekend while at home I'll give it a good once over, unload the mag I've been using during that previous week just to give the spring a little rest, load another mag and use it the coming week. I rarely leave a mag stacked for more than a week at a time. And have rarely ever carried more than the mag in the pistol.

Always kind of figured if I haven't resolved the issue in the first 8-10 rnds, I'm probably going to lose that gun fight anyway. And if I'm aware of being short on ammo, my best effort will be to leave the area at a very fast pace if at all possible. And I never learned to shoot over my shoulder at a dead run anyway. KNOCK ON WOOD ... and hope it never comes to that! jj

For the longest time it was Gen 3 19. Recently over the passed year it’s gradually transitioned over to the Hellcat Pro. 15 round in the handgun, 17 rd spare mag.
I picked up another one last week and plan on putting optic and light on it. Dedicated strategically placed home option.

I live in Alaska so my EDC varies greatly depending on what I wear, where I am going and my mode of transportation. If I am going to town, then I will carry my SA Ronin EMP 3”. If I am going to the bush (anywhere other than town), then I will carry my 460 Rowland, Marlin Guide Gun .45-70, and/or my Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun. I always have a Gerber Diesel multitool, a Fenix LED flashlight and a couple of knives on me.

carried the XDS 3.3 in 9mm for years and it was a good EDC. always had to carry a spare magazine because capacity was an issue with the7+1 configuration.

I switched to the hellcat Pro last year and for me that's the winner. It's small enough to conceal yet big enough that I can get a full firing grip on the pistol without needing pinkie extensions or extended magazines. The ability to mount an optic was a huge plus as we're not getting any younger and target acquisition is very quick the RDS.

Back