testtest

When Should You Take a Headshot?

Of all my time in the military, (4 years Army, 4 years USMC), the couple of years I spent on a hitch in Marine Corps Security Forces saw me trained that way, at least for the pistol. To this day, I still use the failure to stop drill for my range excursions. I never shot so much as my time in Security Forces. There were no budget considerations for ammo while I was Security Forces. Those units always shot a lot.

2:1 is my practical drill as well, and the main drill in my range time at varying distances. What stops an assailant nearly immediately is either massive exsanguination or a complete disruption of two different neural pathways, stopping the heart's ability to beat or it's capacity to circulate, and/or stopping the brain's ability to function, nerve impulse either ceases or can no longer control the peripheral nervous system.
Good video, one I'm bookmarking for future reference.

2:1 is my practical drill as well, and the main drill in my range time at varying distances. What stops an assailant nearly immediately is either massive exsanguination or a complete disruption of two different neural pathways, stopping the heart's ability to beat or it's capacity to circulate, and/or stopping the brain's ability to function, nerve impulse either ceases or can no longer control the peripheral nervous system.
Good video, one I'm bookmarking for future reference.

As are the boogaloos and 3%’rs...
I’m still waiting to see any evidence from anyone ( I have asked many people) that 3%ers are anything more than a very pro gun group. I know the media began vilifying them and every other right leaning group after January 6 but I have yet to find a single person who can show me proof that any of them committed any crimes or plotted to commit any crimes.

Great drill... heck, I'm ready to get my own dummy and stand and take it up to the WMA range... hopefully, on a day when I can do quick follow up shots without the staff getting nervous ;)

I’m still waiting to see any evidence from anyone ( I have asked many people) that 3%ers are anything more than a very pro gun group. I know the media began vilifying them and every other right leaning group after January 6 but I have yet to find a single person who can show me proof that any of them committed any crimes or plotted to commit any crimes.
A number of them have been charged for being involved in Jan. 6...

And I’ll drop it here.

Generally there as a backup or WSHTF. There's 2 groups, original and an offshoot from what heard.

Good drill, well executed. But while the red dot is OK I'd be more willing to accept the drill if it was done with a small gun drawn from either IWB or OWB holster. I could probably successfully do this drill with my compensated competition 1911 in .45 from an unconcealed holster but maybe not so much with my EDC Ruger SR1911 Officer model from conceallment. I know, I know, practice makes perfect, or at least better. Still the video would be more convincing done with EDC equipment. The point made to start slowly and work up to speed is an excellent one.

I've been practicing the Mozambique against multiple targets for 25 years. There is no hesitation in taking the head shot. All 3 shots in less than 1 second, against each target.

Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI
BIG DOT Express Sights,
straight checkered MS housing,
BTGS,
lanyard loop removed,
palm swell grips
8+1

Last edited:
Back