testtest

Who Does and Who Doesn’t Read “Owners Manuals”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly barely ever read the manual unless the gun has something unique about it then I'll open the manual. I will skim through to review the maintenance recommendations.

Side note:
I do keep all the boxes and manual's for every gun I buy.

Last edited:
I bought a 10'x12' shed kit from Lowe's a couple of years ago. Trust me.......keep the manual and use it. The entire shed comes in one shrink-wrapped, palletized "package". Then you have to sort the multiple pieces, and naturally, the pieces you need to start the project with are on the bottom of the palletized material! 😒

I read the manual on a new gun. I have a Springfield 1911 compact. I had just come back from the range and took it apart to clean it. I put it back together wrong, I couldn't get it back apart. Had to do with the double recoil spring and guide rod. so I called customer service they were kind enough to inform me there had been and upgrade to the springs. they sent me the new upgrade I bought the new guide rod. Had to cut the old one to get it out of the slide. So you should review the manual once in a while and check on upgrade also. I bought a SA 911 read the manual when I put it back together I pushed the lever on the inside of the trigger housing, just after I read in the manual not to do it. Reading the manual does not ensure you are going to get smarter.

I read the manual when I got my XDs.45 . I always take a new gun down and clean it when I bring it home from the store before firing it. Good thing I did with the XDs because it looked like someone had poured the striker channel full of 90 weight grease. :oops:

I called my uncle 1 day and asked him what he was doing? He said, "Working cattle and after going too cook some stakes, so come out and eat with us"! I said, "Sure"! I drove 20 miles out where him and my aunt lives too eat some good home cookin' with them and my cousins(my mother and his other sister's kids). When I got there he was trying too put the grill together and asked if I would help? I took a quick look through the manual and then set it aside. The manual was a waste of time, because it had you put something together and take apart later just to put another part on. Too make it short I think he wanted me out there to assemble the grill! Yes that's right an exclamation point not a question mark on the last sentence! He admitted that he needed the help, but he does like my company. He's a good jokester and prankster! I skip the safety part on the gun manuals and read the rest.

I’m not pointing any fingers whatsoever however it seems after reading many posts on this forum and other forums in the past on things other than firearms that there are people that don’t fully
“or at all” read the owner’s manual that came with the product they purchased.
So who does and who doesn’t?
And please why either way?
Went to A&P school a loooonnnngggg time ago. Learned the phrase: RTFM.
Read The Fracking Manual!
I read em, cause I need to know how they work.
Period.

I honestly barely ever read the book unless the gun has something unique about it then I'll open the book. Or I'll skim through to review the maintenance recommendations.

Side note:
I do keep all the boxes and manual's for every gun I've bought.
Manuals and related paperwork I save. Boxes no, to much cardboard. I do keep the SKU label off the end of the box though.

Manuals and related paperwork I save. Boxes no, to much cardboard. I do keep the SKU label off the end of the box though.

I tend to keep everything (for firearms), mainly because when I sell/trade it later, it’s in my favor.

As such, I’ve got a closet full of them, and another closet with shelves full of cases...big, long gun boxes go in a storage unit.

I will say...long guns that come with a hard case are not a big selling point for me...have too darn many of them. Bulky.

For that matter, handguns that come in this huge hardcases (*squints hard at the original XDM's*) aren’t a big bonus, either...The cardboard box & zipper soft case/rug are a lot better idea.

I read the manual when I got my XDs.45 . I always take a new gun down and clean it when I bring it home from the store before firing it. Good thing I did with the XDs because it looked like someone had poured the striker channel full of 90 weight grease. :oops:
I do the same papa. I had a similar experience with my new Stoeger M3500 semi auto shotgun. Broke it down to clean & it too had an extreme amount of grease that I had to remove before first use.

You need to rent self storage......🤣🤣🤣
Don’t laugh, I have considered it. I have a 12x24’ shed out back, but it’s filled with all sorts of lawn equipment. One of the loft shelves is filled up with several storage bins of all my beer steins I’ve collected from different parts of the world (mostly Germany and surrounding countries). Yet another of my collecting obsessions gone awry. 😂😂 most of my gun collection boxes are in bins on shelves in the basement, but the larger rifle boxes are starting to exceed storage down there. I’m to the point of doing what @ScottJ mentioned above you decrease volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back