testtest

Whose Upset

A great idea for a Hollywood movie:

OIF.HGHjyxIkleQhelVIZfrhrw

Here's something I just learned. The studio can hire an actor for one day. They can then capture their voice and image with AI and use it again and again forever and never pay that actor another cent. It seems that one of the major sticking points of this strike is over the use of technology to replace actors. I see the point in being angry over this.
Case in point: If you've seen the new Indiana Jones movie, you'll notice that for about the first half hour or so that you're looking at a much younger Harrison Ford who looks just like he did in Raiders. Modern technology at its best. :rolleyes:

Here's something I just learned. The studio can hire an actor for one day. They can then capture their voice and image with AI and use it again and again forever and never pay that actor another cent. It seems that one of the major sticking points of this strike is over the use of technology to replace actors. I see the point in being angry over this.
Case in point: If you've seen the new Indiana Jones movie, you'll notice that for about the first half hour or so that you're looking at a much younger Harrison Ford who looks just like he did in Raiders. Modern technology at its best. :rolleyes:
Well, these are the same people who love, love, loooove technology...............until it affects them. I am sure there is something in the contract they sign that stipulates what the studio is doing, but they probably don't read that far. Or don't understand it. However, now they are feeling the pain of their own ideology. They want everybody to make a "living wage" at jobs that were never meant to be a "career". Prices go up because of it, people complain, companies replace people with machines/AI to compensate. Companies are in business to make money. Period. The studios are just doing what any other company will/is doing in order to stay in business. They wanted to be another brick in the wall, now they are.

Well, these are the same people who love, love, loooove technology...............until it affects them. I am sure there is something in the contract they sign that stipulates what the studio is doing, but they probably don't read that far. Or don't understand it. However, now they are feeling the pain of their own ideology. They want everybody to make a "living wage" at jobs that were never meant to be a "career". Prices go up because of it, people complain, companies replace people with machines/AI to compensate. Companies are in business to make money. Period. The studios are just doing what any other company will/is doing in order to stay in business. They wanted to be another brick in the wall, now they are.
Hard to argue with this.

So many of those non-binary artsy film types are just so confused about so many things. They need to spend some time outside the bubble with the rest of us for a while. No, wait, on second thought I like them inside their bubble where we can watch them turn on one another and don't bother us. It is entertaining to see them eat their own. Kinda like pro sports.

That technology is phenomenal and it’s not going away. The de-aging is one thing, but the ability to speed up typically time consuming tasks in post-production is fantastic, but potentially it requires less people/jobs and as I mentioned in a previous post you can use digital doubles to avoid paying actors - even if you use them in a completely different film.

I just recently directed a big production that involved a massive amount of blue screening. Even with today’s advanced tools there’s no such thing as a magic button that just removes all that stuff perfectly so there is a massive amount of man hours that goes into cleaning up the motion tracking and keying that the computer can’t figure out. It’s a job that no one really likes and is phenomenally expensive. AI will eventually make that process far less painful. On this particular production the post-production work cost nearly twice the cost of the shoot and the film crew.

I read (per Kudlow) Hollywood strikers blaming Bidenomics as the reason that can’t make a decent living on current wages, but they didn’t dare mention of any Californias’s Newsomonics...very interesting, hmmmm?
Oh but they will still hold and attend the fundraisers and play host to these politicians.

Keeping it current as in Hollywood likes to bring up all the evil transgressions of the earliest of conniving studio honchos, it shouldn’t they be demanding the paying the estates of The Three Stooges and others, reparations for years of cheating and swindling ?

These out of touch, hypocrite Hollywood elites, along with their grandstanding political and social views can pound sand.

Big in the news right now is that HollyWood is now totally on strike because they are not being compensated enough for what they do.

These people make millions and just want more.

I say good bye.

Yeah, I don't really care either way but not everybody makes "millions." My Lib Nephew and his equally Lib wife are out there trying to make it in Hollyweird in the business and I know they are not rolling in the dough. They're just trying to eke out a living and raise their kid to be the woman they know he can be.

I couldn’t stand it.

Then again, I thought the novel was brilliant…but Gibson’s work NEVER translates well (see: Johnny Mnemonic…well, DON’T see it if you haven’t. It’s terrible).
I only watched 2 episodes. Then apparently I pissed the wife off. She watched the rest of it in the bedroom. She said it was "Meh". I haven't read the book, but now I want to. Johnny Mnemonic was pretty bad.

Back