testtest

Whose Upset

If I'm alone in the room the TV is turned off anyway.

I remember reading somewhere that Dick Wilson (Mr. Whipple) made $300,000 a year doing Charmin commercials. He worked approximately 2 weeks a year doing it.

Yeardly Smith (Lisa Simpson) Works approximately 13 weeks a year and makes $7,000,000.

If people are willing to pay them that kind of money, more power to them. It's not coming out of my pocket.

Taylor Swift is performing at Red Rocks at the end of the month and people are paying $1,700 for nosebleed seats. If people are dumb enough to pay that kind of money, let them.

I have no sympathy for the big stars who get paid millions to make one movie or those who get several hundred thousand per TV episode. I have even less sympathy for studio execs who make a couple hundred million per year.
But I am kinda curious about lesser known actors who only get a small gig here and there. Or what about the people behind the cameras, how much do they make?
I saw one report that said the studios were planning to simply wait out the strikers until they go broke.
Of well, let the rich eat each other. Might be fun to watch. ;)

Big in the news right now is that HollyWood is now totally on strike because they are not being compensated enough for what they do.

These people make millions and just want more.

I say good bye.

It’s not that simple. For every person making millions in films and tv there are thousands eking out a living, being forced to sign over their rights over in perpetuity, receiving no residuals while the studios and the 1 percent get richer and richer off their backs. And I think you’ll find the big names going on strike are doing so in solidarity with their colleagues who struggle to make a living in the entertainment industry - as many of them did when they started out. Filmmaking looks glamorous but it’s a back breaking industry and just like most career fields, the vast majority who do the tough work struggle to advance their careers.

At least we still have marionettes...

iu

and animation....

iu

A lot cheaper, and far less ancillary drama.

Actually does it matter, tv sucked before and it will still suck now…..
giphy.gif

Are you kidding me? Quite seriously, we are in a golden age of television shows. Shows have never been produced to a higher quality, the selection is phenomenal and there are a lot of very, very well written shows. (Not talkin’ to you Jack Ryan!)

Believe it or not, life carried on without The Duke, Mayberry and Hogans Heroes.

giphy.gif

View attachment 41709
Are you kidding me? Quite seriously, we are in a golden age of television shows. Shows have never been produced to a higher quality, the selection is phenomenal and there are a lot of very, very well written shows. (Not talkin’ to you Jack Ryan!)

Believe it or not, life carried on without The Duke, Mayberry and Hogans Heroes.

View attachment 41710
IMG_2002.gif

View attachment 41709

View attachment 41710
Maybe. I still prefer the old stuff. I like Cary Grant and Myrna Loy

Back